• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Owlet

Owlet Does Stuff

In Finland, Valentine's Day is about friendships! Even if the day is shitty, I hope you know that I'm considering you as a friend, and I'm totally sharing a protein shake with you today. I'm such a good friend that I'm even drinking it for you :):):)

I hope you see more dolphins!! That place looks amazing :o

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Ensi said:

In Finland, Valentine's Day is about friendships! Even if the day is shitty, I hope you know that I'm considering you as a friend, and I'm totally sharing a protein shake with you today. I'm such a good friend that I'm even drinking it for you :):):)

Finland just earned so many points in my brain.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

The human also does kind of look like me! And obviously, my ideal Valentine's day IS a date with a cat. 

Is it bad that my reaction to it (after laughing about how you could be either of them ;)) was "oh man, I wish that was me. I need a cat to share Valentines with"

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Ensi said:

I remembered you saying this a while ago (that guy you accidentally said happy valentines to ;)) and it was comforting. And I totally consider you a friend (and everyone else here!) 

I was in a pretty sorry state yesterday and not proud of the way my thoughts were going but had enough presence of mind to prod at them and see what my issue actually was. Because I know I'm not alone really, I have lots of great friends and family who loves me. But it was just that nasty voice in my head saying 'that's all you are, a friend. No one ever wants anything more.' Which I know also isn't totally true, but then the little voice pointed out how even when I was in a relationship, he didn't care enough to do anything or be there on valentines day anyway.' and that just turned into feeling shit about the stuff I tolerated in that relationship.

Sooo yeah. The inner demons were out in full force yesterday. Good news is today I feel much better and more able to discount those unhelpful thoughts. Staying away from facebook though just to be safe.

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Owlet said:

Sooo yeah. The inner demons were out in full force yesterday. Good news is today I feel much better and more able to discount those unhelpful thoughts. Staying away from facebook though just to be safe.

Sorry to hear this. I've been grappling with inner demons too, also called anxiety. But I also feel better today.

• Like 3

Goals have been going ok apart from physio exercises... struggling with the new schedule. I have had a few lunchtime walks though which has been nice. 

Email this morning from our old landlord, basically saying the place wasn't clean enough (it was so so so much cleaner than when we moved in) and how she's taking a whole heap of our bond to cover it. This despite the fact our lease said if it's not clean enough on terminating it is up to the tenants to organise. Also it clearly states that there was already mould on the blinds but she conveniently 'forgot' that and is trying to charge $250 for cleaning. Ugh. Flatmate is drafting a reply email and talking to citizens bureau to see what our rights are. 

In other news the bush fires are still raging and it's breaking my heart - my hometown is still recovering from earthquakes and now people are losing their homes to fire. I think they're still a ways from my childhood home but it's concerning :( 

5 hours ago, Bookish Badger said:

Stupid brain weasels. I'm glad you're having success in getting them under control.

Haha I forgot about that term. Such a cute way of referring to them!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, fleaball said:

I'm going to throw rocks at your old landlord. What the actual fuck. 

I know right. It's a bit messy because of the way we moved in.. initially 2 of us were going to move in, then the remaining people there decided to move out so we had to find another 2 flatmates. So we signed a new lease and everything, but the place was never cleaned out properly like it normally would be for a new lease. And she didn't want to do a flat inspection because she 'already knew what state the place was in'. Should've just insisted, derp. As far as I know she doesn't have much of a leg to stand on but it's bloody annoying having to fight this stuff (like you don't know how annoying it is to chase useless people about stuff that isn't your fault :'D) 

In other news my contract just got extended another week hahaha. I've given up trying to guess when I'll be out of work lol, I just take it as it comes. 

• Like 5

weird, I got unfollowed from my own thread. 

56 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

Please, allow me to join you! What a butt. 

haha truly, a butt if ever I saw one (I mean, I've seen better butts... ;)

I emailed my coordinator to request that we don't get super judge-y 'goodbye' emails anymore. I can't even remember if I whined about this already... but anyway, got a reply straight away saying thanks for the feedback, really appreciate, and emails will definitely be scaled back in future. Yayyy don't have to feel anxious about getting what is essentially a performance report masked as a thank you, mailed to the whole department on my last day (a very inaccurate performance report, at that)

Not much news on the bush fires so that is good, means they haven't spread further. Phew. Really looking forward to the Buddhist meeting tonight, it will make me calmer and happier. 

• Like 6

Crossing my fingers for rain, or whatever else it will take to get the bush fires under control. So sad for those people who lost homes :(  Plus the impact on the animals and plants.

Save some rocks for me, landlord vigilante squad! That's obviously unjust. I hope your flatmate's email gets you somewhere. Hopefully it's the sort of thing where she's trying to take advantage but will buckle once she sees you're standing up for yourself. 

Also your workplace is odd for so many reasons. But yay about avoiding that weird goodbye email! If they ever actually let you leave.... :D

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Severine said:

Crossing my fingers for rain, or whatever else it will take to get the bush fires under control. So sad for those people who lost homes :(  Plus the impact on the animals and plants.

Save some rocks for me, landlord vigilante squad! That's obviously unjust. I hope your flatmate's email gets you somewhere. Hopefully it's the sort of thing where she's trying to take advantage but will buckle once she sees you're standing up for yourself. 

Also your workplace is odd for so many reasons. But yay about avoiding that weird goodbye email! If they ever actually let you leave.... 

I know right! There are some big areas of native bush that got lost and of course all the wildlife living there :( It will regrow, but it's still heartbreaking. 

Haha we're going to be running out of rocks at this rate! Yeah fingers crossed... she is kind of absent-minded and forgetful but hopefully once we point this stuff out she will back down. It's a lot of money she is talking about grr. 

Tell me about it... I think a lot of it comes down to the fact that they don't really bother to train anyone in management. And the two women I deal with most in management don't seem to particularly care about their job and much less the fact that their actions directly affect our livelihoods. But yes, progress. Glad I said something because it was stressing me out. 

• Like 4

Great. Well it's not looking good with the landlady. Turns out that because we moved in mid-lease, we are liable for everything the past tenants did (or didn't do in the case of cleaning) this place hasn't been leased fresh since 2012. Fuck. She is being a massive dickhole now and threatening to charge us for the 4 days rent she let us skip because we moved out a tad early (who starts a lease on a thursday anyway??) So angry and upset. More at her attitude than the money itself. She knew what she was doing and took advantage of the fact that we needed somewhere to live. 

• Like 2

UGH I'm ready with my rocks. Just give the word.

Seriously I wouldn't pay her until you double check with the city or the tenancy board or whoever else is in charge of tenant's rights. Unless that thing you just said is what they told you. But you being held liable for what others did seems unfair to me...

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Severine said:

UGH I'm ready with my rocks. Just give the word.

Seriously I wouldn't pay her until you double check with the city or the tenancy board or whoever else is in charge of tenant's rights. Unless that thing you just said is what they told you. But you being held liable for what others did seems unfair to me...

It'll come down to whatever the fine print is on our lease. I'm not feeling too optimistic right now :( 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Severine said:

I could always mail her an envelope full of glitter. And then when she opens it, it'll get everywhere! Glitter is the worst. Get some on you and you'll be finding glitter everywhere for weeks.

She will wonder why she's getting anonymous glitterbomb from the United States and nobody could ever trace it back to you.

Haha I swear to god, if I knew her address I'd totally take you up on that! This is the kind of support I need :D 

Gradually coming to terms with the situation but pissed off at friends telling me to just let it go - in a way that sounds more like 'get over it'. Gee thanks, like I didn't already know that's what I will have to do. That really doesn't help with my shit mood right now though. People who will take your sympathy but don't return it... Excuse me while I have a meltdown because I am so tired, physically and mentally. 

Counting my blessings though. Ie, that I got an extra week of work so that will help with bills. And that an old friend of mine is giving us her washing machine because she doesn't need it anymore. And that Mum transferred money to my account. So really, I have it pretty sweet. I'm just sore about the injustice I guess, and the anxiety-inducing conflict and hassle of sorting shit out. 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Owlet said:

Haha I swear to god, if I knew her address I'd totally take you up on that! This is the kind of support I need :D 

Gradually coming to terms with the situation but pissed off at friends telling me to just let it go - in a way that sounds more like 'get over it'. Gee thanks, like I didn't already know that's what I will have to do. That really doesn't help with my shit mood right now though. People who will take your sympathy but don't return it... Excuse me while I have a meltdown because I am so tired, physically and mentally. 

Counting my blessings though. Ie, that I got an extra week of work so that will help with bills. And that an old friend of mine is giving us her washing machine because she doesn't need it anymore. And that Mum transferred money to my account. So really, I have it pretty sweet. I'm just sore about the injustice I guess, and the anxiety-inducing conflict and hassle of sorting shit out. 

:/ this is not a situation you just get over. I understand the intention but ugh. Unhelpful. 

Hugs and love! <3

• Like 4

Guess who just cried in the cafe while having lunch with their friend? Oh yup, that was me. Guess who also got given a piece of brownie on the house because I obviously wasn't having a good day? Also me. Guess who cried uncontrollable because it was so nice of cafe dude to do that? Yuuuup that was me. Good brownie though, and hot guy. Too bad he saw me ugly crying lol. 

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Severine said:

Hey free brownie from a hot guy is a win no matter what! And I bet he's sweet and just wanted you to feel better.

QFT (and agreement on betting).

• Like 2