Hi nerds! Another nerd here, getting back on the right track. I'm not entirely new to the golden path of fitness, but there's always more you can learn and experience.

I use to be 310 lbs!

The last photo I've ever had of me being "normal" weight was from when I was 6. So I spent most of my childhood eating everything I could see in sight like a black hole. When I turned 18 I was so miserable that I signed up for a gym membership and attempted to get in better shape. Well, it almost worked. Unfortunately my "workout" was me running around a gym at 2am like a chicken without its head, hitting each machine only once. I lost a few pounds, but nothing miraculous. I always felt like there was some amazing secret that all the fit people were not allowed to share with the rest of the population. I managed to drop down to 250 after moving out on my own and surviving on a nutritious diet of ramen noodles and giant cans of sugary fruit. I feel like I just wasted all of my time until I tried P90X, which started teaching me about nutrition and working out and made it to 175lbs. I lost sight of my goals though, and now I'm back to 189lbs and ready to get back to where I was. I miss how great I felt from real food and real exercise. And I miss the paleo ways of eating. It's the only diet / lifestyle I've found that makes me the happiest and makes grocery shopping the easiest.

What am I looking to gain from my favorite lifestyle?

I don't care about having abs and my appearance doesn't bother me (I sure look a hell lot better than I did years ago). I just want to be a stronger person. I work as a truck unloader. Most of my days involve the warehouse team, a bunch of skinny, weak alcoholics, attempting to unload heavy merchandise like treadmills and mowers. I don't want to be part of that crowd. I want to be as strong as I possibly can be so that my work will be that much easier. I know I need motivation and a goal, and I have mine set no matter how out of reach it is. I will keep going until I can curl my 90lb dumbbell. I will keep going until I can deadlift one of our heaviest treadmills. Even if this is impossible I want to get as close to it as I can. The abs and fit body will just come naturally from my goals. I plan on getting as close to all of this as possible with just healthy Paleo eating and a large free weight set, well aware that I'm going to working towards these goals for a LONG time. As long as I'm getting stronger and not weaker, I'm motivated.

And maybe all of this will even motivate my co-workers to join me.

Oh and I have to say that I love everything I've seen on NF. I've never seen a website and community with so much real information. Usually fitness websites are a mixture of real information and real BS.

Welcome! I've tried P90X a time or two and have some friends that have seen some great results from it, I'm glad it worked for you! And Paleo is definitely growing on me too, though I'm a fairly short-time with it. Glad you found us! If you ever have any questions, don't be afraid to ask!

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

Don't get down on yourself 189 is a heck of a lot better than 310! Some of my friends have used p90x also and insanity and loved it so i'm glad it works for you too. If you ever need help with anything don't be afraid to ask, we all want to see you succeed. Oh, and I almost forgot, Welcome to Nerd Fitness!

Well I guess it's only life, it's only natural We all spend a little while going down the rabbit hole

Welcome to the Rebellion! I'd say you are quite a success story already - mucho congrats on your progress!!!

I also love your goals and your outlook :)

Definitely check out the barbarian strength guild for tips on lifting MOAR heavy things :)

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8