Greetings from the Nomad

Hello everyone :)

I'm here because I've been looking for somewhere to help me out with my motivation which has been waning a little lately and help with confidence. A site that combines fitness with things like videogames and the idea of leveling is right up my street so I thought I'd join and start a character.

So, some info about me, Kaite is my name, I'm 30 (soon to be 31), female from the UK. 5ft 5 and about 9 stone or 126lb. I do exercise a bit currently but haven't set foot in a gym, athough I'm thinking about it. I do zumba dance fitness at home twice a week and assist a zumba instructor take classes once a week. I also do strength based exercies two or three times a week both with bodyweight and with some basic light dumbells, a barbell, and with a pullup bar. My current job is also fairly active (sometimes very) working seasonally at a vineyard - so I tend to eat quite a lot.

I'd like to take up mountain biking and do more cycling in general - I have a new bike but haven't done too much yet. And I'm also thinking about joining a martial arts class of some kind, maybe bouldering too, and just try out some things that might be fun and meet people whilst keeping fit. Possibly join a gym in town as well. Obviously that's all WAY to much to do all of it, but they're the ideas I have right now to help out with motivation and hopeuflly not stray too close to burn out. Getting a social element out of some kind of exercising is kinda important to me too as I feel I do too much alone.

I'm not quite sure what class I'd be just yet. I'm thinking maybe Ranger as I do a mix of activities or maybe Adventurer as I like to get outdoors and try new things. I've been surfing, kayaking, scuba diving etc which have been fun to try.

Uh so that's me, nice to meet you all :)

• Like 5

'A path is made by walking on it'

Character Profile

Strava

On 12/02/2017 at 11:07 PM, Halo said:

I love that you weigh stones!  I had to look up the conversion. I'm 14.5 stones apparently. Is that a common term when you talk to people?  "My nephew is 2 stones;)"

Welcome!

Haha it is normal in the UK.. and weird - no idea why we do it. I always have to convert to kilos or pounds.

Thanks for the welcome guys :)

Character Profile

Strava

On 2/12/2017 at 1:24 PM, Kaite the Nomad said:

And I'm also thinking about joining a martial arts class of some kind, maybe bouldering too, and just try out some things that might be fun and meet people whilst keeping fit. Possibly join a gym in town as well. Obviously that's all WAY to much to do all of it, but they're the ideas I have right now to help out with motivation and hopeuflly not stray too close to burn out.

Those may be a lot to keep up full time, but they sound like awesome challenge goals to me - as in, maybe trying a new one every month?  That way you get to try a lot of new things without committing to them.

Also, I thought you just grabbed a stock/goal photo for your icon.  Color me impressed!  I would post a picture of my abs, but we've all seen Patrick. :D

raw

• Like 1

(Already!?) Level 3 Ranger / Epic Declutterer / Prolific Writer

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/163280

"Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change."  - Jim Rohn

It's been over a week but it honestly didn't take me that long to recover from the spinning ;) . It was a pretty demanding and sweaty experience but luckily I didn't get any aches or pains from it or suffer from cardiac arrest from pushing too hard which I have a tendancy to do.

I spent this weekend doing a pull up and ab workout as it had been a couple of weeks and woah do I feel it today. The fine weather this weekend made me twitchy to go out on my bike so I went on a 11.6km ride along the hilly country roads and woodland tracks and did a bit of geocaching.

Next plan is to contact some martial arts clubs.

Character Profile

Strava