Fruit Toss (Beginner Mini)

Infinity.Creates

Fruit Toss (Rebel Mini-challenge)

Image result for fruit toss gif

This mini-challenge is here to help ease you into the forums and give you some extra challenges along the way. This is by no means compulsory, but you may find it fun, or helpful, or a good way to meet fellow rebels. 

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask here (if it's relevant to the mini challenge), to the Juice Bar, or message me directly. 

There you have it, enjoy the challenges to come!

Week 1 : SMART Challenge

Week 2 : Support a fellow Rebel

Week 3 : Exercise Experiment

Week 4 : Foodie

Also, if you find this challenge too basic or want to focus specifically on food, then I ask you to check out the Veggie Chop Off Advanced Mini (HERE). 

they / them  |  half-orc paladin ( oath of the watcher )   --   lv 0

Challenge 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20Battle Log ~ Epic Quest

Week 1 : SMART Challenge

Welcome to the first Rebels mini challenge of 2017! Participation is entirely voluntary and you don't get any stat points, but you do get some cool challenges to help you on your journey from Rebel to Hero.

Is your challenge SMART? Not, is it a Vulcan or a computer or a being capable of processing information, but is it

S pecific

M easureable 

A chievable

R ealistic

T imely

If you can cross off these criteria, you know your challenge is in the running for a truly glorious success. But to double check you have a SMART challenge, can you answer a couple of questions? Post your answers in the chat below, and list a couple of ways you might change your challenge, if you want to.

If you get stuck for ideas or want any advice on how to improve your challenge, don't hesitate to ask over in the Juice Bar or take a look at other people's answers and challenges.

1. Are your goals able to measured and tracked?
  2. How will you track them over the course of the challenge? 
  3. How are you grading your goals? Is there a reward for effort?
  4. Are you trying to build multiple habits or is all your energy focused on your main quest?
  5. Do you have the time to complete all the goals you've set?
  6. Do you have a plan on altering the goals if you become ill/injured?
  7. Are your goals realistic? Can you scale them down to fit your life better. even if that takes longer?
  8. Are you giving yourself any rewards or accountability?
  • Like 2

Challenge 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20Battle Log ~ Epic Quest

1. Are your goals able to measured and tracked? - For the most part, except maybe the one where I'm trying to get a friend to pay me back for his phone bill. I suppose it can be measured by how much he actually pays me?
  2. How will you track them over the course of the challenge? - I bough stars and wrote them down in my planner. I do the thing, I get the star. 
  3. How are you grading your goals? Is there a reward for effort? Stickers! And @KaitSith is going to make me a pretty!
  4. Are you trying to build multiple habits or is all your energy focused on your main quest? Multiple habits but slowly. I want to build a workout habit and an editing habit but I can see the big picture and just how much Other Stuff is going on. I need to give myself some space and ease into it. 
  5. Do you have the time to complete all the goals you've set? Yes!
  6. Do you have a plan on altering the goals if you become ill/injured? If I can't lift weights, I can always swim? Otherwise, the plan is to fail, I guess. 
  7. Are your goals realistic? Can you scale them down to fit your life better. even if that takes longer? I think they're as scaled down as I can make them without completely forgetting that I'm trying to do them.
  8. Are you giving yourself any rewards or accountability? The reward is moar gainz! 
  • Like 2
  1. Are your goals able to measured and tracked?  Yep, all trackable measurable thingies.  
  2. How will you track them over the course of the challenge? Tracking everything on Habitbull, because it's awesome.
  3. How are you grading your goals? Is there a reward for effort? I'm not grading, because giving myself a sliding grade scale is like handing me a box of toffee and telling me not to eat it.  There's a minor reward for part of my four week challenge involvement, but most of it isn't rewarded.  I'm a 'life has no participation awards' gal.
  4. Are you trying to build multiple habits or is all your energy focused on your main quest?  Right now I'm just working on getting myself to a place where I can move forwards with serious intent.  This challenge is all about building that momentum for me.
  5. Do you have the time to complete all the goals you've set?  Yep, plenty of time.  
  6. Do you have a plan on altering the goals if you become ill/injured? I'm already recovering from an injury :P if I get injured again doing the very small goals in my challenge I may just have to look at becoming a giant blob.
  7. Are your goals realistic? Can you scale them down to fit your life better. even if that takes longer? If I scaled them down any more, I wouldn't really be doing much at all, to be honest.  
  8. Are you giving yourself any rewards or accountability? I post here pretty much every day about everything, even down to quite deeply personal things.  At this point, I think half the rebels could blackmail me into accountability if they really wanted to :P honestly, having the support network and being able to support others is rewarding in it's own right, and that suits me fine.
  • Like 3

Do the thing

2 hours ago, Miw_Sher said:

This is reminding me I still have not set up a tracking spreadsheet. .___.

Anyone have one I can borrow?

I think this works? I grabbed the link from the google sheets app so idk if it's public or not. If it doesn't work it should be linked in my first post?

not sure if you were joking or not but I'm sharing anyway lol.

dear everyone, last challenge several people found this tracker useful and adapted it for their own challenges. Have at it if it will help. (I'm pretty sure I modeled it off someone else's at some point.)

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I'll actually do this for good measure...

1. Are your goals able to measured and tracked? - Ja.
  2. How will you track them over the course of the challenge? - Spreadsheeeet!
  3. How are you grading your goals? Is there a reward for effort? - Even if it's not specified, my goals are always graded on eprcentages. A to 85%, B to 75% C to 60%, D to 50%. Anything below is an F.
    There is a reward, but it's a surprise. :)
  4. Are you trying to build multiple habits or is all your energy focused on your main quest? - I have two/three main quests going on, and my goals are very focussed on them. :) They all build up to a longer, multi-year-long quest.
  5. Do you have the time to complete all the goals you've set? - Yes. And if not I'll have to make it, since 2/3 goals don't have an option to fail.
  6. Do you have a plan on altering the goals if you become ill/injured? - Already doing so. A big, bit issue would be if I got injured on my running, which is why I'm being extra careful with that.
  7. Are your goals realistic? Can you scale them down to fit your life better. even if that takes longer? - Erm, well they are based on races I already signed up for so, erm...
  8. Are you giving yourself any rewards or accountability? - I have signed up for races. I don't see a better reward/accountability measure. x) More seriously though, yes, I do have a secret reward for each challenge.
  • Like 1

Goblin | Level 7 | STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 3 | CON: 3.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 2.5

Nerdfitness Character, Past challenges: 1 1 2 2 3 4 5 5 6, Current challenge (March 19 - April 15): click

Tough Mudder Ireland || Battle for Graduation || My Neverending Story (on hiatus)

On 2/13/2017 at 10:57 AM, IAmInfinite said:

1. Are your goals able to measured and tracked?  Tracking activity thru apple activity watch app, food by Fat Secret app
  2. How will you track them over the course of the challenge? all apps have internal charting and such 
  3. How are you grading your goals? Is there a reward for effort? Grading NO i hate school lol, Rewards Yes. as long as it is not sugar!! (the substance)
  4. Are you trying to build multiple habits or is all your energy focused on your main quest? building Habits is what i need. i have loss'd quite a bit but i want to be more active.
  5. Do you have the time to complete all the goals you've set? i work at an office and a very flexible schedule
  6. Do you have a plan on altering the goals if you become ill/injured? i hope not, but i will see...Good Question 
  7. Are your goals realistic? Can you scale them down to fit your life better. even if that takes longer? yes, i would like these to be everyday life. i have made a decision to keep it simple.
  8. Are you giving yourself any rewards or accountability? yes i will still go out to eat, no fast food no soda

• Like 1
  1. Are your goals able to measured and tracked? My goals are pretty clear - did I do ___ today? yes/no.
  2. How will you track them over the course of the challenge? Um, I have just been counting them? They are all dailies but one, so are easy to track. The other has four parts which correspond to the four weeks, so I know if I am on track. Also, I do have the dailies pop up in Firetask, so I get a reminder there to check it off.
  3. How are you grading your goals? Is there a reward for effort? I haven't thought about grading yet. I either did the thing or I didn't, so I guess I could count them up and give a %. I don't really believe in reward for effort. The reward for effort is the result achieved and the satisfaction from that. I picked goals that anyone could achieve, so "effort" would just be an excuse.
  4. Are you trying to build multiple habits or is all your energy focused on your main quest? My habits are in a few different categories, and that is probably the approach I will stick with. I can't put off everything to single-mindedly pursue one goal, because a) most of my goals are long-term, and b ) I would totally end up putting everything else aside, perhaps for years, and I don't want that. I might pick a challenge that is more focused time or energy-wise on one quest, but I have try to make progress on other things, too.
  5. Do you have the time to complete all the goals you've set? Yes. My goals this month are not time-intensive, they just require willpower. I literally cranked out three of them in 10  minutes yesterday.
  6. Do you have a plan on altering the goals if you become ill/injured? If I am sick I am okay with downgrading, as long as I am making the effort I am capable of making.
  7. Are your goals realistic? Can you scale them down to fit your life better. even if that takes longer? They are absolutely realistic. They are already baby steps toward where I want to be. The biggest part is having the will to start and pushing myself to actually do it.
  8. Are you giving yourself any rewards or accountability? Not for this challenge This time round I am learning how the challenges work and building some basic habits. When I start working on my main quests, I plan to have nice rewards for milestones.
  • Like 2

Challenge:   0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49 

1 hour ago, juliebarkley said:
  1. Are your goals able to measured and tracked? My goals are pretty clear - did I do ___ today? yes/no.
  2. How will you track them over the course of the challenge? Um, I have just been counting them? They are all dailies but one, so are easy to track. The other has four parts which correspond to the four weeks, so I know if I am on track. Also, I do have the dailies pop up in Firetask, so I get a reminder there to check it off.
  3. How are you grading your goals? Is there a reward for effort? I haven't thought about grading yet. I either did the thing or I didn't, so I guess I could count them up and give a %. I don't really believe in reward for effort. The reward for effort is the result achieved and the satisfaction from that. I picked goals that anyone could achieve, so "effort" would just be an excuse.
  4. Are you trying to build multiple habits or is all your energy focused on your main quest? My habits are in a few different categories, and that is probably the approach I will stick with. I can't put off everything to single-mindedly pursue one goal, because a) most of my goals are long-term, and b ) I would totally end up putting everything else aside, perhaps for years, and I don't want that. I might pick a challenge that is more focused time or energy-wise on one quest, but I have try to make progress on other things, too.
  5. Do you have the time to complete all the goals you've set? Yes. My goals this month are not time-intensive, they just require willpower. I literally cranked out three of them in 10  minutes yesterday.
  6. Do you have a plan on altering the goals if you become ill/injured? If I am sick I am okay with downgrading, as long as I am making the effort I am capable of making.
  7. Are your goals realistic? Can you scale them down to fit your life better. even if that takes longer? They are absolutely realistic. They are already baby steps toward where I want to be. The biggest part is having the will to start and pushing myself to actually do it.
  8. Are you giving yourself any rewards or accountability? Not for this challenge This time round I am learning how the challenges work and building some basic habits. When I start working on my main quests, I plan to have nice rewards for milestones.

Cool self-reflection. Though I do recommend thinking about grading your goals after all. Otherwise, if you miss just one day you risk falling in a "all is ruined" mindset and throw hte towel.

• Like 1

Nerdfitness Character, Past challenges: 1 1 2 2 3 4 5 5 6, Current challenge (March 19 - April 15): click

Tough Mudder Ireland || Battle for Graduation || My Neverending Story (on hiatus)

Are your goals able to measured and tracked? Yes. All nice and trackable.

How will you track them over the course of the challenge? By noticing whether I forget to do something, or do to little of it (IE: Spending half an hour too much on the computer)

How are you grading your goals? Is there a reward for effort? I feel better about myself. Virtue is it's own reward.

Are you trying to build multiple habits or is all your energy focused on your main quest? They're all tied to the same overall goal. So yes?

Do you have the time to complete all the goals you've set? Definitely

Do you have a plan on altering the goals if you become ill/injured? Mostly. It really depends on the case, I mean if I just have a headache and can't do it then I can do something simpler. Same for injured.

Are your goals realistic? Can you scale them down to fit your life better. even if that takes longer? Yes.

Are you giving yourself any rewards or accountability? Yes. For most of my goals I can buy something that improves it or helps it. (For example, If i drink water instead of orange juice when on  the internet, I will buy myself a new water bottle or something.

• Like 3

If you ever feel scared to do something really fun, just do it. Do it today. then say "What the hell did I just do."

1. Are your goals able to measured and tracked? All my goals but one are measurable however im fine with the one not being measurable as its important to my mental health
  2. How will you track them over the course of the challenge?  Weight is trackable by the scale (i know this is a bad idea), gym is trackable by journal, and travel is also trackable that way 
  3. How are you grading your goals? Is there a reward for effort? a slow body transformation (both mentally and physically) is my grade on my goals. I've already noticed some differences and I've only been really at it for 3 days. I haven't decided on a specific reward, but i might put the money I've ended up saving as a result of the little lifestyle changes towards my move to Scotland. 
  4. Are you trying to build multiple habits or is all your energy focused on your main quest? Trying to build mulitple habits but these habits should be benefical to my main quest ;)
  5. Do you have the time to complete all the goals you've set? I've been recently trying to get into a new sleep schedule of going to bed at 8pm and waking up at 330am (i work early mornings) I find that im struggling to fill my time at the end of the day so i should have all the time i need to complete these goals. 
  6. Do you have a plan on altering the goals if you become ill/injured? I would likely drop the gym, however i think id try and keep some cardio. I very much enjoy being in water so i would water jog or even just tread water if i had too. I am taking special care to make sure i don't injure myself thou. 
  7. Are your goals realistic? Can you scale them down to fit your life better. even if that takes longer?  This one is a hard question for me, I feel like my goals are realistic, and im going to try my best to make them work. Of course, they could be scaled down to fit my life better but i was unhappy with my life so I'm changing it. I feel like this is a bigger and better priority than anything else in my life
  8. Are you giving yourself any rewards or accountability? I want to build a reward system in for myself but i haven't figured it all out yet. Once i find something that I will feel rewarded by and is not something id just get myself even if i didn't complete my goals, i will put that in place. I got myself a membership to this site for completing my visa application. If i can find something like that than I feel like that would work well.
  • Like 1

Week 2 : Support a fellow Rebel!

Everyone is doing fantastic with the mini this time round, and super happy to be in a group that is honestly dedicating their lives to being the best version of themself they can be!

Now look around at everyone else doing this challenge, doing the other challenges, and in the Rebel forum. It's like a Hogwarts house we are now all your family for life. 

Image result for deal with it gif

So, this week, the challenge is to support the other people who are on this journey with you. Support them! Say hi! We are all here to encourage each other. If you read someone posting about something that they're struggling with and you have advice, or consolation, or empathy, or just a listening ear, go for it! On the flip side, don't be afraid to ask for advice or support because there are plenty of us on here willing to help out and have probably gone through something similar.

In this challenge, I want to you to comment on 3 people's threads. Just say hi, or a longer comment if you want. I want you to follow at least one person's thread (click 'Notify me of replies' at the bottom of the text box) and check in on them once a week or so. Put a post in this thread of who you followed and how you plan on encouraging other people.

Image result for all the love gif

• Like 2

When you get to Week 4, try this one:

roasted brussels sprouts with a little oil, salt, and feta. Dee-lish!

• Like 2

*Member of 2018 Hogwarts House Cup Championship Team*

If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress. -Barack Obama

Anyone who moves on, even a little, walks like Jesus on the water. -Antonio Machado

11 hours ago, Miw_Sher said:

Do "likes" count as well @IAmInfinite? :D
(to be read in the voice of a British child asking a question to his teacher)

Nope! Actual posts are needed here. Likes are great as a passive way of showing encouragement, but most people don't track them. Let them know that you're actually there!

• Like 2

When you get to Week 4, try this one:

roasted brussels sprouts with a little oil, salt, and feta. Dee-lish!

I'll be cross posting this in the veggie chop mini! We're having a cabbage week. :)

Inviato dal mio SM-G930F utilizzando Tapatalk

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Miw_Sher said:

I'll be cross posting this in the veggie chop mini! We're having a cabbage week. :)

Inviato dal mio SM-G930F utilizzando Tapatalk

ooo la la, I do love me some cabbage!

*Member of 2018 Hogwarts House Cup Championship Team*

If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress. -Barack Obama

Anyone who moves on, even a little, walks like Jesus on the water. -Antonio Machado

I'm extremely late to the party, by like three or four days after signing up. :P But just so I get prepared for the next challenge, I'll go ahead and participate with y'all and just play catch-up!

1. Are your goals able to measured and tracked? Yes.
  2. How will you track them over the course of the challenge? I'm currently using my daily battle journal while I figure out what I like using best.
  3. How are you grading your goals? Is there a reward for effort? No, because my goals are all very minimal and I'm not going to throw in the towel over something as dumb as a sip of soda when tomorrow is a new day. 
  4. Are you trying to build multiple habits or is all your energy focused on your main quest? I'm trying to build small multiple habits that will take half an hour or less to complete each day. 
  5. Do you have the time to complete all the goals you've set? And plenty of time to continue work and school!
  6. Do you have a plan on altering the goals if you become ill/injured? Only two of them are physical, all others can and should be completed even if I'm ill or injured. I don't have a good plan for backup physical exercise plans yet. Maybe I'll start just lifting gallon jugs and doing small reps if that happens. 
  7. Are your goals realistic? Can you scale them down to fit your life better. even if that takes longer? My goals are just about as realistic as they get. I made sure to not overdo it and keep it as minimalistic as possible with a newborn and toddler in the household.
  8. Are you giving yourself any rewards or accountability? Accountability is being tracked in my daily battle journal. I hadn't even considered a reward, since I'm a very "doing the right thing and feeling better is its own reward" type, but to be able to officially recognize myself as being better would be nice, I think. 

I'm going to be following @Bookish Badger! They're starting late like me and their goals are something I super understand and support, so I'll be cheering them along!

• Like 2

Starting Afresh - Battle Log

"You start off as a level one human with no class. At all." - Munchkin Player's Guide

"What is the you that you've dreamed of? Who do you see in the mirror? Go on your path. Even if you live for a day, do something, put away your weakness." - BTS No More Dream translated

Week 3 : Exercise Experiment

Most of you are starting off your healthy adventure, and I know many like to include some form of exercise in there. Diet should be first priority, but that doesn't mean we don't like a good bit of movement! Also, many of you may be trying out new things, like moving from cardio to weights, or vice versa. There's a lot of options out there!

Image result for the breakfast club dancing gif

So, for this challenge, the goal is to pick something new - movement wise.  Maybe you want to try out that local dance club, or martial arts class. Maybe you want to step foot in the gym, or try something body weight. Look around your local area, they might offer a first session free, and then go do it. The last bit is the most important, but the aim is to push you into doing something you've always wanted to do, or to step outside your comfort zone.

Afterwards, post here and tell us how it went! Where did you go, did it go wonderfully or did you encounter some mishaps? Maybe you didn't like salsa dancing as much as you thought? Who knows, next time you could try out tap dancing? 

Try something new and learn something from it. If you want any ideas of advice, don't hesitate to ask for it!

• Like 1

I read "lap" instead of "tap." Oops. Still a work though?

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

2 minutes ago, fleaball said:

I read "lap" instead of "tap." Oops. Still a work though?

That's certainly one way to do it :P Though I might recommend pole dancing instead - suppose to do fabulous things for your core.

• Like 1