• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

JustCallMeAmber

JustCallMeAmber just does the things

Right, well, a day late and a dollar short as they say. Zero week definitely beat me up this go around. Anyway, back to the regularly scheduled programming!

•  Resume Cut. (Rats!)
    • This is officially a no nut butter challenge.

(Cue dramatic music). I fell off the wagon (and got run over by said wagon) during zero week, so resetting 'days without incident' to 1.
  • Walking. Everyday. No excuses. 10 minutes minimum, with bonus for 8,000 steps. Somehow I seem to all out of this habit as soon as it's no longer on my challenge. But this is complimentary to mental health and weight loss goals, plus will help with the ol' DOMS. Move, keep walkin’ soldier keep movin’ on!
  • Mental Health. I have to be kind to myself for the duration of the challenge. Warrior affirmations? Reading more? Windows down/sunroof open sing-along? Probably a little of each.
    • Also, re: work stress? Yeah, it we could keep that to a minimum that would be great, mmkay? Goal: focus on ONE THING at a time.
  • #YogaEveryDadgumDay. Still keeping up with this. But I feel like it was more beneficial when I was doing a 10 minute session after I got home from work versus directly after lifting. So I may just add in another 5-10 minutes before any deep couch sitting.

Also I really need to get a new barbell and plates. Yep. 1 whole check box on my last challenge, and I’m having to copy it forward to this one. *grumble*excuses*grumble*. Have a decent idea of what I want, what I'm willing to spend, etc. Just a matter of finding the right opportunity. I figure with my current setup I have one more cycle (round? whatever they call it) of 5/3/1 before I max out the amount I can load on the bar for squats. Which will leave my alone with OHP and bench floor press for further progress until I can get new gear. (That fact should scare me into action ASAP!)

OJ7NGOFNMszC.gif

See, this is what happens when you are given carte blanche to post gifs related/unrelated to challenge goals. :P

• Like 5

NEW EQUIPMENT. It's like a holiday in February. New equipment is seriously so exciting. 

Also, unless you have a rack with pins to the floor to load the bar onto in the floor press position, you are probably going to want that new bar ASAP. ;) 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

NEW EQUIPMENT. It's like a holiday in February. New equipment is seriously so exciting. 

Also, unless you have a rack with pins to the floor to load the bar onto in the floor press position, you are probably going to want that new bar ASAP. ;) 

Yes! Crossing my fingers I can get this stuff squared away soon! I'm fortunate enough to have just such a rack, so I'm ok there. It's just the fact that my upper body strength is crap. (Not that I'm bitter about it or anything..) So press progress tends to be very slow.

21 hours ago, Alanna said:

I want my own barbell. One day...

Following!

Yes, but England 1st. :)

Also, welcome! I can pretty much guarantee I won't talk too much lol.

15 hours ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

Following.  I owe you a random gif.

Yay! You are cutting currently this cycle too, I think? Solidarity FTW :)

*waves merrily and waits patiently for a gif to appear*

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TiffanyD said:

We are all in this cut together!  Following, with a side of Al Bundy for your Wednesday.

giphy.gif

Yay! Happy to have you along! I think I'm going to need all the support I can get lol. Yesterday's food goals be like

DAAldV51KUzUA.gif

Days without incident 2 0.

Also, I have no idea what this is, but I love it

5EpektSV0faCY.gif

3 hours ago, Phoenix91 said:

Following for yoga every day!  Random gifs are also fun.

Hi! Following your challenge too. Always good to have another warrior yoga-ing!

KWjbT5HS4vMyY.gif

Can't help myself. I love gifs. Also, anyone who has ever done yoga with cats around can relate to this..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

Hi! Following your challenge too. Always good to have another warrior yoga-ing!

KWjbT5HS4vMyY.gif

Can't help myself. I love gifs. Also, anyone who has ever done yoga with cats around can relate to this..

I have 2 cats, yoga at home is interesting.  Last night my little white cat came down all awake and happy and i'm yoga-ing, she rolled right under me and just lay there :)  It was too cute.

3 hours ago, Phoenix91 said:

I have 2 cats, yoga at home is interesting.  Last night my little white cat came down all awake and happy and i'm yoga-ing, she rolled right under me and just lay there :)  It was too cute.

Aww, that's so sweet! I have 4 at the moment and mostly it's a matter of which one of us can get to the mat 1st lol. My male especially loves to get right up in my face for some reason. Silly thing! :D

On 2/17/2017 at 3:40 PM, CourtnieMarie said:

oh hiiiiiiiiiiii!

this gif is life

Hiya! :D

I confess I was doing this dance after my run today. 1st time I've run/jogged for 30 minutes straight without switching to a walk. (No idea about distance or how fast, etc. I just go around my backyard for 30 minutes.) Add that to the list of things I wouldn't have ever seen myself capable of doing before NF. :)

Then I yoga'd and now for the foods!

• Like 1

Week 1 summary (counting from Monday, since I didn't have my goals ready on Sunday/ the 12th.)

•  Resume Cut. 6/7. Not bad, save the Valentine's Day peanut butter massacre. Stayed pretty well on track and no nut butter since Tuesday.
  • Walking. Everyday. 10 minutes minimum, with bonus for 8,000 steps. 7/7. Did not take dedicated walk on Saturday, but I'd already racked up 8k steps before run.
  • Mental Health. Self-kindness; warrior affirmations/ reading more/ windows down/sunroof open sing-along. 6/7. Don't think I did anything Saturday. (Leastwise I couldn't remember when I filled out log Saturday night.)
    • Also, re: work stress?  Goal: focus on ONE THING at a time. Meh. 'Focus' would be stretching definitions.
  • #YogaEveryDadgumDay. Yep! Also made a few attempts at firefly pose, or at least a very ugly attempt at the end result of it. Wound up on my tookus a bunch, but kinda fun to try something new.

Ok, y'all. The sale on the barbell I've chosen ends today, so I'm ordering it. Probably pickup a couple of bumpers at the same time. :D

Craigslist has had a lot more activity of late, so I'm hopeful that I can get some plates soon. I already ordered some fractional plates, so those should be here Friday or Saturday. (Which reminds me, I should probably get my tax return filed so I can replenish my gil..)

Onward to Week 2!

AioMjhO0oiAmI.gif

• Like 3

Week 2 summary. It is at this point I apparently suck at math. Last week's summary was off by 1 on all the totals. I'm not going back to fix it, it just seemed ironic that I took the time to spell out I was only counting it as a 6 day week and then scored based on 7.

•  Resume Cut. 6/7. Since it was a deload week, I thought it would be a good idea to l lower my calorie goals...crashed and burned mentally on Wednesday and decided to end that particular experiment early. I also decided that if peanut butter fit my macros best, I was going to be ok with eating it. My whole point of not eating it was simply because I felt like I was not in control. Only exceeded on Wednesday.
  • Walking. Everyday. 10 minutes minimum, with bonus for 8,000 steps. 7/7.
  • Mental Health. Self-kindness; warrior affirmations/ reading more/ windows down/sunroof open sing-along. 3/7. Kind of a rough week, but felt much better later in the week.
    • Also, re: work stress?  Goal: focus on ONE THING at a time. Uh, well, I got done M-W workload on Thursday, so I guess that counts as 'Focus'?
  • #YogaEveryDadgumDay. Yep!

So, my shiny new barbell is still in a box in the garage. I may possibly have forgotten to include the bumper plates when I ordered it. :lol: Went to a flea market on Saturday on the off chance I might find some plates on the cheap. No dice. Although I could have gotten a plethora of ab machines..

hBBJ5MKAplDiw.gif

[Week 3 loading.. Please wait..]

• Like 4

Week 3 summary. I must say it's a good thing I track stuff. For what felt like a dumpster fire week, it wasn't really THAT bad.

•  Resume Cut. 4/7. Right. That is the reason for the aforementioned dumpster fire self-evaluation. I was over a lot, BUT not a lot over. (Read that thrice to make sure I got it right..) According to the weekly average on MFP, I was at 1766 instead of 1700. only 66 over my goal, so, yeah..
  • Walking. Everyday. 10 minutes minimum, with bonus for 8,000 steps. 7/7. Did not take dedicated walk on Saturday, but yard work racked up 10k steps.
  • Mental Health. Self-kindness; warrior affirmations/ reading more/ windows down/sunroof open sing-along. 5/7. Better than last week anyways.
    • Also, re: work stress?  Goal: focus on ONE THING at a time. Much better this week, though I was freaking tired for most of it.
  • #YogaEveryDadgumDay. Yep!

I did the Warrior Mini Thursday. It was fun! I may have been walking funny for a couple of days, but I'm glad I did it. (Also we have some really strong folks here. Really.)

RANT/ Still been having an argument with my scale, which steadfastly refuses to go down. That then leads to a debate about what to change; fewer calories (how much do you REALLY need to eat lifting ~45min/ 4 d/w? You aren't losing, so probably too much?) versus macro breakdown (low carb vs keto? Whole30? Just cut out grains?). Most of last week's lifts felt harder than they should have. And then there's the further hitch-in-my-gitalong of my mental health that I'm not sure whether it's food-related. Too few calories (or whatever) = tired = wallow in self-pity? Gah! 655 days logged in MFP and I still have no Idea what I'm doing. /END RANT

Ok, now that I've got THAT out of my system, here's this week's gif.

YBQI2pzetCV44.gif

• Like 1

hmm. the lack of weight loss could be so many things. slow metabolism due to long term cutting in your past? how do your measurements look? is 1750 actually a cut number for you, depending on you height, weight, and intensity of workouts. technically macro breakdown shouldn't really matter at this point.

i was really impressed with @Emerald_Dragonfly's recent quest to ramp up calories slowly to find her maintenance number and now knows where to hit if she's wants to cut.

my scale also refuses to go down but i already know it's because i eat and drink too much on the weekends.

• Like 3