• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Gainsdalf the Whey

Gainsdalf- Lift, Eat, Recover Part 1

20 hours ago, matty_mcfly said:

Happy the baby is happy and healthy and I assume everyone is tired.

Very much so.

Haven't gotten in the gym since last week. Crazy weekend, then the holiday, then my grandfather was hospitalized and I needed to go help get him through PT and home. All is well there, probably gonna need some new knees me thinks. Yesterday was an all day long work meeting. All that combined to make today the first day I'll be able to take lunch and go to the gym since last week.

I was good on the sleep a few of the days, last night was terrible and I didn't go up until 11:30, then the baby woke me up every hour of the night. I'm dragging. but gonna get into the gym and move.

Protein wasn't good over the weekend. That's the time I typically suck as I can't just be on a regimen like I am during the week. Brought 3 scoops of whey today (78g) which I'm splitting between 2 cups of skim milk (16g) and water, as well as about 12 oz of chicken (75g) for lunch.Brings me to about 170g on the day, should have no trouble getting past 200g at dinner, assuming there's meat.

• Like 4

No lifting since Thursday, hope to get in today. It's just impossible to get done at home at night right now, or on the weekends since there's so much else to do during the small amount of down time when kids are asleep, so I'm going to have to get on a strict regimen of twice a week over lunch at work and the third time over lunch on Friday, on which I telework.

Protein wise I didn't track, but got closer over the weekend. I know I still didn't hit my goals though as I'm sore from Thursday still. Soreness and recovery for me depend on hitting protein and getting sleep, which is why they're part of the challenge. Still being sore today tells me I'm not doing enough of at least 1.

Got close on sleep most nights since Thursday, but not quite on the mark. I got 6 1/2 hours every night with a 7 on Friday night. Midge woke Tinker up at 5:45 Sunday morning, so that wasn't great. Had stayed up until midnight assuming I'd get to sleep in. So much for that, lesson learned.

• Like 2

Strap a kid to the back and do deadlifts...  Strap a kid to the front and do squats...  Obviously, I don't have kids.

and... its a thing!

Image result for squats with a baby

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Br0din said:

Strap a kid to the back and do deadlifts...  Strap a kid to the front and do squats...  Obviously, I don't have kids.

and... its a thing!

Image result for squats with a baby

Just don't be that crossfit retard that went round the web a few years ago that was doing a max overhead squat with baby strapped to the front...

• Like 1

I have Tinker, the older one, sit on my back while I do pushups.

13 hours ago, Blocky said:

Just don't be that crossfit retard that went round the web a few years ago that was doing a max overhead squat with baby strapped to the front...

What's wrong with this?

• Like 2

OK, didn't go to bed until 11:10 last night as I was having fun playing Hearthstone and didn't start the nightly clean up/next day prep until 10:30. Oops. Also didn't gym yesterday because I got invited to lunch by coworkers. Made sure I got my protein though.

Woke up today lethargic, even after coffee, but got into the gym and got moving and felt better. Solid workout, everything is starting to feel better movement and strength wise. The bar doesn't feel as heavy. I'm lacking the "pop" with movements though, the squat bar doesn't pop off my shoulders at the top like it used to. I'm chalking that up to a combination of detraining and shitty sleep habits. One of them is fixed with time, one is fixed with not being a moron, gotta be better about it.

Protein is looking good today, at 140g or so between the 65g milk+protein I have in the morning and the 3/4 lb of chicken for lunch. I have my chicken from yesterday that I didn't eat due to going out, so I'll be over 200g before heading home.

• Like 4

On 2/23/2017 at 1:01 PM, Gainsdalf the Whey said:

In mah belly.

Rocked the Squatobots tanks today, shoulda selfied. Need to learn from @miss_marissa and up my game. My skillz are weak.

YUPPP!!!! :P

Love/hate that pop at the top of a squat.

On 2/28/2017 at 5:11 PM, miss_marissa said:

YUPPP!!!! :P

Love/hate that pop at the top of a squat.

Came back a little yesterday. Just gotta lift tomorrow to make it to 3 this week.

Despite baby being crazy last night and not sitting down until 9:45, got to bed on time. Protein on point, it's been easy since I've started doing 2 scoops and 2 cups of milk in the morning, 3/4 lb chicken for lunch, scoop in the afternoon. That's 166 or so right there.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Gainsdalf the Whey said:

Came back a little yesterday. Just gotta lift tomorrow to make it to 3 this week.

Despite baby being crazy last night and not sitting down until 9:45, got to bed on time. Protein on point, it's been easy since I've started doing 2 scoops and 2 cups of milk in the morning, 3/4 lb chicken for lunch, scoop in the afternoon. That's 166 or so right there.

That's basically how I get my protein.  2 scoops whey for breakfast and 2nd lunch,  3/4lbs of chicken thighs and some cheese with my second lunch = 188 gr of protein with dinner to go.  I'll change lunch out for fish or ham on the weekends to break the routine, but with all my meals set except diner, its easy to keep portion control under control and I don't have to worry about being precise with the macros.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Br0din said:

That's basically how I get my protein.  2 scoops whey for breakfast and 2nd lunch,  3/4lbs of chicken thighs and some cheese with my second lunch = 188 gr of protein with dinner to go.  I'll change lunch out for fish or ham on the weekends to break the routine, but with all my meals set except diner, its easy to keep portion control under control and I don't have to worry about being precise with the macros.  

Similar. Eggs, chicken or fish (or all of it) for breakfast to start the day with 60-100, 50g with a shake for lunch, leaving a pretty attainable 30-70g to get for dinner. If it's Friday, I'll go protein heavy in the mornings so a pizza dinner (20-30g) won't derail me, but weekdays a chicken dinner can knock out the remainder handily.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2017 at 10:54 AM, Laghail said:

Similar. Eggs, chicken or fish (or all of it) for breakfast to start the day with 60-100, 50g with a shake for lunch, leaving a pretty attainable 30-70g to get for dinner. If it's Friday, I'll go protein heavy in the mornings so a pizza dinner (20-30g) won't derail me, but weekdays a chicken dinner can knock out the remainder handily.

If I can ever get my life to be less chaotic and be good about getting my workouts in to afford the extra calories, I want to go back to the eggs. 6 eggs +1 scoop is is 61g protein for 520 calories. The skim milk +2 scoops is 66g for 381 calories. I prefer the eggs, they just take more time and higher BMR. That said, I think I"ll be having those on Fridays when I telework and have more time in the morning like I did this past week.

I'm really bad with hitting goals over the weekends when everything gets shaken up. I doubt I hit protein either day, but my calories weren't crazy either of the days either, so that's good. For the first time since I can remember I only had 2 slices of pizza on a pizza night. That was more about craziness of Midge not being a happy camper in the moment, but I resisted going back for seconds later.

Sleep was meh, probably got 6 hours a night, so didn't hit the goals. Part of this is that on weekend nights when I don't have work the next day I'm going to be doing the first middle of the night feeding with a bottle to give WIfey a bit of a break. Did that Saturday night, otherwise I think I would have hit it. Last night we got back late from a family party and I couldn't get all my prep done in time to hit the sack at 10:30, ended up more like 11:15.

Didn't have time to do the 3rd lifting day on Friday as I had to cover down on baby over lunch for Wifey to go to the dentist. Got it in over Sunday nap time though since we actually had both kids down at the same time for once, so got all 3 days in, just means I have to lift 2 days in a row again. Realizing as I type this that I forgot my gym bag at home, so it won't be happening today.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gainsdalf the Whey said:

Realizing as I type this that I forgot my gym bag at home, so it won't be happening today.

I hate it when that realization dawns. Second only to getting dressed in the locker room and realizing you left your work pants/shirt/essential whatever at home.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Laghail said:

I hate it when that realization dawns. Second only to getting dressed in the locker room and realizing you left your work pants/shirt/essential whatever at home.

Sports bra.... yea I know you guys feel that pain too ;)

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Laghail said:

Mismatched socks...badly mismatched socks.  Or worse, mismatched gym shoes....

Or razor but no shave cream which is slightly better than the inverse.

17 hours ago, wildross said:

Or worse, mismatched gym shoes....

I ended up wearing mismatched shoes to a funeral once; I must have zoned out while packing them. Was absolutely horrified when I realized it as I was three hours from home and there was no time to go buy new ones or anything. Fortunately they looked pretty similar so either no one noticed or they were kind enough to ignore it.

• Like 1

TOWEL. 

There are only a few things worse than having to dry off with paper towels or my sweaty gym clothes. 

In the year that I went to a pay gym, I forgot my towel twice when working out in the morning before work. 

Blech. 

200.gif#244

My good taste and sense of propriety should forbid me from posting the following towel gifs that made me laugh:

towel

towel

And yet it didn't.  Huh. 

• Like 5

Failed to keep up this time, work got crazy busy and I couldn't keep up with the gym. 10:30 bedtime was leaving me with too little downtime and I was getting stressed, so I bailed on that and couldn't recover well from lifting, and strained my back again. I haven't been eating like as asshole at least, but my weight hasn't gone down, but that's because my physical activity is shit right now. I think I need to focus on getting moving in some form each day, whether it's walking on the treadmill, push-ups, something.

edit: also, firefox at work broke for a week or two, so I couldn't post at lunch or morning coffee break for a bit, which tends to be when I jump on here.

• Like 1

aw sorry, gains. tell work they're ruining everything!

i think you're thought about a little movement each day will be good and something you can fit into a busy schedule :D might even be able to walk outside with the fam soon...? maybe. we had hail this past weekend.

4 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

aw sorry, gains. tell work they're ruining everything!

i think you're thought about a little movement each day will be good and something you can fit into a busy schedule :D might even be able to walk outside with the fam soon...? maybe. we had hail this past weekend.

We actually did get out this weekend and do some walking, all 4 of us. It was good to get some fresh air.

• Like 1