• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Schaengel

[Schaengel] improves

So I'm kinda arriving in Berlin and now it's time to get fit again!!

I'm going to take my challenge goals from last month and change them so that they will be nearer to the point I'm at the moment:

1. Track what you're eating, track what you're doing

Goal: Track kcal and macros daily via myfitnesspal

Goal: Update this thread at least 3 times per week

Tracking was good the last challenge but posting wasn't. I'm going to follow not as much threads this time (I'm sorry you're all so amazing but it kinda keeps me away if I have so many things to read... :/)

2. Good food

Goal: Cook at least 2 days per week

The first weeks I realy had time to cook but the last days I either had things to do or didn't feel like it...

Improve my mind

Do meditation daily

read at least half an hour before going to sleep

3. Do shit that improves your situation

-Read job postings every other day

-work on cv/linkedin/xing

-look for new place to stay

4. Sport, that's the thing!

30 days of yoga challenge + 30 days of meditation

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jonesy said:

Following along again. :) 

I thought you already had a place to stay? 

I have a place till the end of May...but I don't want to stay here longer because I'm not really hitting it of with the flat-mate. It's okay and we get along but for longer time I'm looking for something other. So before it stresses me out I thought I start looking for something new (even though it doesn't makes sense to contact people until the start of april but it helps me to not freak out)

• Like 1

So I decided to pretty much change all the things in my challenge today....

I'm faceing the problem right now that I really feel anxious and out of balance as soon as I'm leaving work and I have some ideas where that might come from:

1) Job. I like my job. It's challenging, I get to work with/for bands and artists that I love listening to (their music not necessary their talking) and I'm good at what I'm doing

BUT I think that (also thanks to my fathers constant negging for the last 1 1/2 month) I know/feel like it's not for a long time.

I'm feeling like I can do it for some time and then go look for something new in the Eventmanaging market and probably still have a decent climb "up the ladder" but I kinda fear missing the point when I should try for that (or if you're following my fathers train of sort I already missed it)

2) Place where I stay. I like my room and I like the area but I'm not feeling at home. Living with the flatmate is okay but because he's significant older then me it's just not working out. That leads to me spending as much time as I can away or in my room. Also it kinda ruins my motivation for cooking because he's hanging around the kitchen quite often...

3) Food. I lost 20kg with low-carb. That was awesome. Now I don't have a clue how I can make low carb work again. I'm tracking food and staying on my calorie goal for most of the time but it's not low-carb. I'm not sure if I should just stay with it for now and hope that I still will loose some weight or if I should push for low carb by all means :/

Because of all that I eliminated the cooking goal for now...not gonna happen at the moment.

Also as long as I'm not ready to actually answer to a job-posting I'm not reading them anymore but will read other stuff that's work related.

I added meditation and reading to my goals. I think that might help me get back into a mindset where I can actually achieve shit.

Other goals:

- did tracking today, was over the goal because there was birthday cake at work :/

- did yoga in the morning

- read some job stuff, thinking about starting a log of my achievements tomorrow morning

• Like 2

Okay, yesterday I was to lazy to update and also got upset because of a stupid and really irrelevant mistake...giphy.gif

I still feel I'm somehow oversensitive at the moment :/

So yesterday started okay, woke up early, did yoga in the morning, tracked and worked pretty good then got thrown of by the mistake and ended overeating quite a bit because I felt like I needed a Döner for my feels (booh for stresseating booh). At least did some meditation work with headspace.

Today started with me not wanting to leave bed so I skipped yoga in the morning and did breakfast at work. Work was good and the first sunny day in what feels like ages improved my mood a lot (I'm so sensitive to the freaking weather...if it's grey and cold I would not leave home if I had the chance...). After work pretty much went straight to the Berlin Strength Gym to get my first Lifting session with @AugustaAdaByron...that was awesome. I really have a good feeling with this place and hope I can make a habbit out of that (payed for a 5 session card to get some extra motivation to at least go more than once). I did Overheadpresses, squats, bench and rows (I think) but didn't do Deadlifts. I will probably do them pretty soon but plan to do that with a colleague to help/guide me since that was the stuff that I couldn't get my head arround at the NF Edinburgh meetup. After Lifting took a little detour, there's this center that has a regular international boardgame meetup on wednesdays. I went there last week and liked it but because I was late today all people were allready playing (and most of them games that take quite a lor of time) so I talked a little with some people, had a Mate and a piece of Pizza and then went home.

Also decieded I have to do more work on my mind. I think my (first-world) problem is that I kinda managed to achieve all my (work)goals and now I don't know where to go from here. So I will look into technices to create good goals for my worklife... I think my goal here will be to set a SMART goal for where I want to be in 1year from now...

Now I will start reading all the threads here :D

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Schaengel said:

After work pretty much went straight to the Berlin Strength Gym to get my first Lifting session with @AugustaAdaByron...that was awesome. I really have a good feeling with this place and hope I can make a habbit out of that (payed for a 5 session card to get some extra motivation to at least go more than once). I did Overheadpresses, squats, bench and rows (I think) but didn't do Deadlifts. I will probably do them pretty soon but plan to do that with a colleague to help/guide me since that was the stuff that I couldn't get my head arround at the NF Edinburgh meetup.

It was fun to lift with yet another Nerd at Berlin Strength. I'm sure if you decide to join permanently you'll find the atmosphere very friendly. They also arrange beginner seminars for squat and deadlift quite often, I forgot to tell you about it.

Yup, you did DB rows.

I'm still curious about whether I've seen your colleague at the gym or no.

• Like 3

Yeah so today in the morning the person I'm sharing the flat with said he wanted to talk tomorrow morning because it isn't working out...

On one hand I'm okay with the general thing because I'm not feeling welcome at "my own home" on the other side that means searching for a new place without knowing if my contract will be extended (it looks quite good but nothing binding so far).

So I will see what he plans and depending on what he's imagining we're probably going to get into a legal fight (he's that kind of person that's one part of why it's not working out here)...so even though I am super stressed and upset right now I managed to keep stress-eating (mainly) at bay. Had a second breakfast for my nerves but nothing more so far.

I started looking for a new place to stay at work and also phoned some people already..

Later I will meet with a colleague to go to a "Moscow Death Brigade" concert (hooray for all the concert connections ;) ) I planed to go to another concert but hanging around with the colleagues sounds like a good ide today.

Tomorrow I will also go on a concert and on sunday it is quidditch time so the weekend will hopefully help me get into a better mood again :/

• Like 2

So update, update, update

I started looking for a new flat and that's a lot of work (there's like 20 new per hour on the site I'm using) but I still feel more or less positive (but knowing me that will change in two weeks latest if I don't have something fixed by then :/)

Went to the Kreator/Sepultura concert yesterday that was awesome (like always because Kreator are always good).

Went to play Quidditch today and it's fun and I will try to keep going...but it's really really exhausting too. After that I choose to spent some time at a weekly yard sale arround the corner (at RAW just for Ada because she's the only one that has a benefit from this information ;) ) not to buy anything but to be outside because it was sunny for once...and only for like 20minutes :(

The rest of the day was housework, watching ROH and Bull and playing Stardew Valley.

Quest 1:

Tracking: Was done the last days, I'm okay meaning not hitting my calorie goals but not far away from them. I need to check my weight at the gym next time because I'm walking more than at home so maybee it's enough to lose a little.

Quest 2:

Meditation and reading happend on some days on others I just forgot.

Also found out that Stardew Valley (like Harvest Moon) is good for my mood and helps me relax :D

Quest 3:

Looked for a place to stay and wrote to 12 shared flats so far

Quest 4:

I did a lot of other sports the last day so still stuck at day 3 of 30 days of yoga

• Like 2

Following along. A quick question at the risk of looking not tech savvy, but did you mean to post your current challenge in the previous challenge forum? This totally looks like a move I would try. :P 

Bummer about your flatmate not working out. I hope you find something better soon. Having a place you're happy to be at will definitely make it easier to reach your other goals. 

16 hours ago, Schaengel said:

a weekly yard sale arround the corner (at RAW just for Ada because she's the only one that has a benefit from this information ;) )

Guess who sees the yard sale on her way to the gym on weekend mornings ;) 

19 hours ago, Jayniana Jones said:

Following along. A quick question at the risk of looking not tech savvy, but did you mean to post your current challenge in the previous challenge forum? This totally looks like a move I would try. :P 

Bummer about your flatmate not working out. I hope you find something better soon. Having a place you're happy to be at will definitely make it easier to reach your other goals. 

Yeah Welcome :)

Oops I didn't planed to do that...how can I fix it?? O_O

8 hours ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

Guess who sees the yard sale on her way to the gym on weekend mornings ;) 

straight-outta-friedrichshain-berlin-hip(and I hope that stays this way cause I like it)

• Like 1

Good day overall.

Work was okay. I'm pushing for my contract negotiation because I need/want a long time contract otherwise I'll have to look for another companie (I really like the company and the people but I want to stay in Berlin for at least the next 1-2 years so I need something more longterm).

Went to the gym with my colleague after work. Tried deadlifts and failed horrible again (I forgot to make a video but Tim and also the Girl from the gym both said that my upper back losses any tension as soon as the weight begins to be at work leading to around back and bad form). I'm really dreading deadlifts already because I just don't get them (and I already spent quite some time the last week reading about them and watching youtube clips). The rest of the training was diffrent back-exercises and some situps and curls.

Good news on the flat situation. Got an invitation to meet with some people from a flat not far away (and in the same price-range) on wednesday. I hope they are nice and this works out (at last they are the same age and not 40+ that's one part of the actual situation not working...)

Quest 1:

tracked and should be really okay today

Quest 2:

Tried yesterday but didn't worked was to distracted

Quest 3:

Nope tomorrow again

Quest 4:

Still stuck at day 3

• Like 1

Had my first flat "casting" the people seemed really nice, would be cool if it works out but I'm not starting to get hopes up to soon...will know on friday.

Also talked to my boss and will now get an contract for an unlimited period. I told them otherwise I would have to look for another company and that worked. Since I'm filling in for a friend who's long-term ill, that's kinda special though cause if he get's better (which I hope cause I like him) I'll probably have to leave the company nonetheless.

Everything challenge related was rubbish...bad food, no tracking no meditation or yoga...best I could manage was to not start smoking again...

• Like 1

On 20 Feb 2017 at 9:20 PM, Schaengel said:

Tried deadlifts and failed horrible again (I forgot to make a video but Tim and also the Girl from the gym both said that my upper back losses any tension as soon as the weight begins to be at work leading to around back and bad form).

Want to try again tonight? ;) 

On 20 Feb 2017 at 9:20 PM, Schaengel said:

I'm really dreading deadlifts already 

Don't worry, many people do!

• Like 2

Deadlifts and me, that is a love-hate relationship. I dread them when I step to the loaded bar; but they give such a great feeling of accomplishment afterwards. 

• Like 1

So everything is focusing on flat-casting right now...and not murdering the guy I'm sharing with.

Todays complaints where that I don't walk into the kitchen the first thing in the morning to wish him a good day. When I said if that's important to him I don't have a problem doing that he declined that offer.

I have the feeling that he's one of the so-called "Wutbürger". He's oblivously not happy with his life and his way to deal with that is to stress me with everything he can find. And if he doesn't finds something he imagines stuff.

This daily stress is interfering with my challenge and well-being. I can't cook good food because I don't feel comfortable in the kitchen with him around (he also always needs to do something in my way when I'm cooking) and I get anxious when I'm "at home" longer...I even started looking for flats that I would have to rent while still being here but depending on the price I'm willing to pay rent for two places as long as I don't have to be around that guy anymore... :(

roommate1.jpg