• Waist 31"
  • Belly 35"
  • Hips 40"
  • Thigh 23 1/2"
  • Body Fat 27.11%

Previous Challenge

Goals

Sleep

10:30pm bedtime. Pay attention to the reminders on my phone re: getting ready for bed/getting to bed. 

Cardio

Minimum 1 "long" (read 30 minutes/5kish) run per week + 1 intervals session. Extra is encouraged 

Reading

Haven't been reading as much as I would like, so 210 minutes of reading per week (equivalent of 30 minutes/day) 

Mini Challenge

• Strength Feat - 1 extra lifting session COMPLETE
  • Ranger Feat - start next knitting project. Minimum 120 minutes of working on it throughout the week. COMPLETE
  • Distance Feat - 1 extra cardio session COMPLETE
  • Recovery Feat - Go to a yoga class COMPLETE
  • Like 7

Current status: need to get clothes/gym stuff ready for the morning and then brush teeth/wash face/get into bed, but am currently in a pile of blankets in my chilly bedroom (out all day with the heat off, a few hours worth of the heat being on is just starting to make it not-super-cold) and I don't want to get up!! So, natch, Nerd Fitness instead

• Like 4

Oh noice! Deskbound! How is that? I am neglecting Supple Leopard and it saddens me lol.

I feel you on the sleep.. or lack there of, lol. I'm still trying to catch up from pulling a couple very, very late nights gaming while my wife was out of town last week. I'm definitely taking a nap during lunch today.

2 hours ago, maegs said:

Need to make getting to bed on time a big focus as well.

Naps ^^

Power Nap Tips

Wolf 

• Like 2

Wild Wolf

Class: Hero/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 188#

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Triforce

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Gotham Project: 1

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

One of my friends read that book to me when I was crashing on her couch in the middle of a road trip. Classic! Here's my favorite reading of it:

also, yes to NF while waking up when the house is cold and bed is oh-so-cozy. 

• Like 2

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

On 2/15/2017 at 9:44 AM, Wild Wolf said:

Oh noice! Deskbound! How is that? I am neglecting Supple Leopard and it saddens me lol.

I feel you on the sleep.. or lack there of, lol. I'm still trying to catch up from pulling a couple very, very late nights gaming while my wife was out of town last week. I'm definitely taking a nap during lunch today.

Naps ^^

Power Nap Tips

Wolf 

I've definitely napped in our "health room" before! 

Deskbound is good, I'm only about halfway through but there's things that I've been able to incorporate into my routine that help (e.g. standing/walking for 2 minutes every 30 minutes of sitting at work)

On 2/15/2017 at 10:28 AM, elizevdmerwe said:

Oh I feel you on sleep! I've got the boys and myself on a sleep goal this challenge. I'm also keeping an eye on any books you mention.

I just finished The White Bone this weekend, it was very good! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_White_Bone

Sometimes compared to Richard Adams's Watership Down, it is an adult fantasy story about animals—in this case, African elephants—in a realistic natural setting but given the ability to speak to one another throughout the book. Subsequently, the elephants are given anthropomorphized personalities and have created their own religion, folklore, and customs, all based on the author's research on elephant behavior.

On 2/15/2017 at 10:43 AM, Twilight said:

Wow, that book looks intense. I'm standing at my desk right now, and I just got a ball chair. Sitting all day sucks.

I definitely noticed a difference when I started working in an office - I used to be able to workout in the morning and not get DOMS because I was moving around all day, now I sit down for a couple hours and seize up if I'm not careful! It's got a lot of info in it, so I'm taking notes/pictures as I go, but there's some simple changes that I've been able to incorporate into my routine already, like standing up for a couple minutes every half hour of sitting (I put an alarm on my phone and everything!)

On 2/15/2017 at 1:15 PM, IslandGirl_Becks said:

One of my friends read that book to me when I was crashing on her couch in the middle of a road trip. Classic! Here's my favorite reading of it:

also, yes to NF while waking up when the house is cold and bed is oh-so-cozy. 

Ahaha that's great! It's gotten quite a bit warmer than usual around here over the last few days, and it's definitely made it easier to convince myself to emerge from my warmth cocoon :) 

On 2/18/2017 at 9:02 PM, Xena said:

Sleep well my friend!

11 hours ago, Twilight said:

Blessed sleep! Win indeed!

<3

57 minutes ago, obax said:

A bit late, but I'm in! As usual, I'm with you on the sleep goal, though I have a bit harder time with the getting up than the getting in...

The getting-into-bed trouble has a way of translating into getting-up trouble, unfortunately. Although with it being warmer over the last few days it's made it easier to get out of bed!

• Like 3

Week 1:

• Sleep 2/7
  • Cardio 3/2
  • Reading 210+/210

large.FullSizeRender.jpg.b3d0d384f70fc34343bf4c0346c1a9e0.jpg

Last week was a busy one! Had a date on Monday (blerg), donated blood on Tuesday, had dinner with a friend and went to a HIIT workout class together on Wednesday, went to a professional event on Thursday, and on Friday morning had blood drawn for a blood test. And in there I also kept up with Duolingo, and working out, and doing mobility and eating right! 

This weekend was a long weekend. On Saturday I met up with my parents and brother for brunch and then we went to see The Bodyguard (musical based on the Whitney Houston movie). Then we headed out of town to visit some of my dad's family. We just had dinner and visited with one of my aunts on Saturday, then on Sunday we all headed over to my other aunt's house to see her, and my cousins, and their kids, etc. (it was a very small gathering, for my family, only 12 people and a big Malamute!). On Sunday night we went out for dinner in a local restaurant with the aunt we were staying with. And then on Monday we headed home a bit before lunchtime. So it was a quick visit but a good one! 

My aunts are both involved in a project to knit blankets, sweaters, and hats for preemie babies. I've got lots of stuff I've knit for myself, and I don't have any gifts planned out to knit at the moment, so I got the patterns from them and I'm going to pick up some yarn tomorrow to make some stuff. I also picked up some yarn I ordered from my LYS (local yarn store) tonight that I'm going to make Lambing Mitts with. So it's pretty perfect that the mini challenge feat this week is the RANGER FEAT, since mine is doing at least 120 minutes of knitting!

• Like 6

Workouts!

Jan 15

• Good morning 65lb x10; 85lb x10; 95lb 4x7
  • Jump squats 95lb x5; 105lb x5; 115lb 3x3
  • Back extension 25lb x20 2x15
  • Hamstring curls SL 55lb 2x8
  • KB swings 12kg 2x20
  • HIIT class
    • Round 1 - 20 step up bicep curl - 16 ball slams - 20 jump squats - 20 shoulder press in plie - 16 burpees  -> almost finished 2 rounds, was partway through the burpees
    • Dance break
    • Treadmill cardio intervals
    • Round 2 - 20 step up shoulder press - 16 ball slam burpees - 40 mountain climbers - 16 push-ups - 20 crunches -> Started 2nd round, got to burpees
    • Treadmill cardio intervals

Feb 16

• Pull ups - various bands, worked on kipping
  • Floor press 65lb x15 x12 x12
  • A. Sled push/pull 45lb 3x2
  • B. Push up 3x10
  • Other things ??

Feb 17

• Row 3k 15:55

Feb 18

• A. Good morning 45lb 2x15
  • B. Lat raise 5lb DB 2x15
  • A. Butterfly sit up 4x25
  • B. Walking OH lunge 40lb 4x20
  • Box pause squat 115lb x5; 155lb x3; 175lb x3; 195lb x3; 205lb x3; 210lb x3; 215lb x3; 220lb x3; 225lb x3 :D 
  • A. Hip bridge 95lb 3x12
  • B. Hamstring curl 50lb x12; 65lb 2x12
  • Bike 2.5 miles 16:37

Feb 20

• A. Leg Press + 90lb (15/12/9/6/3 w 10s pause) x3
  • B. Jump Squat 3x20 Leg Extension 90lb 5x10
  • SA Landmine Thruster 10lb 1x10; 25lb 2x10
  • 2 Arm Landmine Thruster 50lb 2x10
  • A. KB Suitcase Swing 14kg KBs 2x12; 1x15
  • B. Hollow Body Rock 3x20
  • Pull ups (various bands) 1x10; 6x1; 1x10

Feb 21

In my head, push/pull day is bro day

• OHP 45lb x10; 65lb x5
  • Push press 85lb 5x5
  • Bench 45lb x10; 65lb x10; 85lb x5
  • Pause bench 100lb 5x5 - could have started higher, it turns out. Even though I started 5lb higher than I did the last time I did these a few weeks ago :) 
  • Pendlay row 95lb 4x8 - need to go higher on these too
  • Lat pull down 80lb 4x10
  • Lat hold 25lb 3x(5x5s)
  • Tricep pull down 30lb 3x10
  • DB Flies 12.5lb 3x15
  • Face pull 30lb 1x10; 35lb 3x12
  • Leg raises 3x12
  • Back extension 25lb 3x15
  • Like 4
3 hours ago, maegs said:

I just finished The White Bone this weekend, it was very good! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_White_Bone

It sounded so interesting, but I see Amazon doesn't have it in Kindle :( I'll put it on my list for when I get to a real book store again.

3 hours ago, maegs said:

My aunts are both involved in a project to knit blankets, sweaters, and hats for preemie babies. I've got lots of stuff I've knit for myself, and I don't have any gifts planned out to knit at the moment, so I got the patterns from them and I'm going to pick up some yarn tomorrow to make some stuff. I also picked up some yarn I ordered from my LYS (local yarn store) tonight that I'm going to make Lambing Mitts with. So it's pretty perfect that the mini challenge feat this week is the RANGER FEAT, since mine is doing at least 120 minutes of knitting!

Oh that is awesome. Enjoy!

2 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Clothes for preemies are a great idea. When that happens you're not prepared and even if you were you don't have stuff in size extra tiny. That's nice of you and your aunts.

Yip, exactly! When Youngest was born, he was 2.6kg and tiny! All the newborn stuff was too big. Luckily I had some knitted and crocheted baby things from Oldest that was way too small when he was born, which I could use. That was about the only time I enjoyed knitting.

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

On ‎26‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 3:05 AM, elizevdmerwe said:

Wow, that is a huge difference between the different days!

Ya, I basically have no idea how to dress myself anymore XD

1 hour ago, Xena said:

Did you get those glasses or just like the picture? They are super cool!

I totally got them! (GNC has them for buy one, get one 1/2 off atm!)

• Like 3