• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The Shogun

The Shogun's Journey: The Moment has come

JEEZ! Joining late to the party!

I'm busy as hell, so I'll keep it short. Last challenge I was on 118,1kgs and last week I was on 111kgs. so, 7kgs lost in a month? still a win, even if I lost my PVP challenge. I want to continue working hard on this. Also, this challenge is HEAVILY influenced by some HUGE important life events. I've got a girlfriend now, and a stepdaughter, too. And they're eagerly waiting for me on the other side, which puts more pressure on this "get out Gotham" plan I've been mumbling about. The Moment is here and I'll need all the support I can get. (Read more below)

T5JpwqqgVWbU4.gif

DIET GOAL: NO MORE COFFEE

I know, blasphemy. Fuck me, right? But I'm dealing with extremely high levels of anxiety here, I'm even considering therapy. And to be honest, I don't really need an stimulant drink which gets me all worked up. So, from today on, no more coffee.

DIET GOAL: 80/20 PALEO

Ok, so you know I can't always control what I eat. Sometimes I've got to eat to survive. But I still want my meals to be MOSTLY paleo or clean. I'll eventually get serious about this and make a smarter more detailed goal but... I've got a lot on my plate right now. (see what I did there?)

That includes keep fasting, keep focusing on meal prep and avoiding sugar and sweets like the plague.

FITNESS GOAL: KEEP LIFTING

• Join a box
  • Keep lifting
  • Keep reading SS
  • If anything fails, at least do SOMETHING! (even if it means just a few push-ups or just a few katas.

LIFE GOAL: PATREON

So, I'm launching a Patreon soon, to fund my exodus, among other things. I'd greatly appreciate any support, even if it means you'll share it on social media. But still, I need to launch it first, sucka!

• Launch Patreon
  • Expand my personal website to include an English section
  • Include a explanatory video on my patreon site.
  • Post regularly, at least once a week. 

Again, given the importance of this challenge (maybe the most important one so far) I feel like I should elaborate more on my goals and the story behind them but 1.- busy as fuck 2.- I should save that for my patreon site.

Oh, you can totally visit the patreon site (in alpha state) right now. =D

Thank you! As I've said before, you're my lucky guild. (even if you're not my original one)

• Like 3

I've done the "limit/quit coffee" a few times. It is a pain at first due to sleepiness but I usually feel better afterwards.

(I'm also a bit of a coffee junkie though so I always go back but I try to keep it in control and have at most one cup per day.)

Good luck on your goals! :D 

So, I'm forcing myself to update this already, because I don't feel like doing it but specially because tomorrow I don't think I'll be able to update.

Today, I feel like crap. My boss is going on a trip and she just told me I'll be in charge of the ship while she's gone. It's Spelling Bee Competition week at the school, which feels like The Hunger Games for the children. Does that makes us the Gamemakers? I also bought some groceries today and faced the harsh reality of my country chaotic situation. Everything is three times more expensive than the last time. I had to use the money I've kept to join the box while I wait for other payments to come through. I feel alone, isolated, and under a lot of pressure. I'm having communication problems with Her, too... and that doesn't help a bit.

DIET GOAL: NO MORE COFFEE

HA, YOU FOOL! You can't quit coffee cold turkey! Today I was literally falling asleep during the competition, and I'm one of the judges. I'm limiting my coffee intake to one cup a day for the beginning of the challenge. 

I had one cup to resist getting fired for falling asleep in the middle of an important competition.

DIET GOAL: 80/20 PALEO

Depressive Groceries done. I'll have some pork with veggies and steamed plantain for lunch for the rest of the week and I'll have some fried eggs with sausages for dinner, with some brown bread. Brinner always makes me feel happy. =D

FITNESS GOAL: KEEP LIFTING

Meh, barely had anytime at all, did some push-ups at home while working on my website during the pomodoro breaks, but nothing much else.

LIFE GOAL: PATREON

So, trying to move my website to a wordpress multi lingual version... I knocked down the entire website, do'h. So, I worked today on reestablishing the original one (the spanish version) before expanding to English.

The good thing? Tomorrow I'm visiting the Colombian consulate to do some progress towards my escape. 

The motivation? I pass by the box every day on my way to work, and I see these amazing guys running (ew) and climbing ropes and training... and they ALL look like I want to look.

15 hours ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

I've done the "limit/quit coffee" a few times. It is a pain at first due to sleepiness but I usually feel better afterwards.

(I'm also a bit of a coffee junkie though so I always go back but I try to keep it in control and have at most one cup per day.)

Good luck on your goals! :D 

Tell me about it!!!! I need to find myself a new way to keep me awake. I trying pinching myself but that's just one step away from self-mutilation right? the things we do to level up our lives. 

Thank you for your support. 

9 hours ago, The Shogun said:

Tell me about it!!!! I need to find myself a new way to keep me awake. I trying pinching myself but that's just one step away from self-mutilation right?

I just tried it. It hurt but I'm still sleepy.

How many cups do you usually drink per day?

16 hours ago, The Shogun said:

Tell me about it!!!! I need to find myself a new way to keep me awake.

Have you tried ginger tea? I feel the struggle on coffee. I tapered down to one cup a day, but at first that was a morning cuppa, then bottomless green teas to keep the day possible. Then I cut the caf tea and just had the one coffee. After a bit of my body recovering healthier adrenal function, I notice that herbal ginger tea of any kind gives me a bit of an energized buzz. Part of the hot chi bit of Chinese medicine, or just ginger as a herbal thermogenic.

13 hours ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

I just tried it. It hurt but I'm still sleepy.

How many cups do you usually drink per day?

Yeah, it doesn't work.

I usually when Mordor allows it, drink from two to three big cups a day.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Laghail said:

Have you tried ginger tea? I feel the struggle on coffee. I tapered down to one cup a day, but at first that was a morning cuppa, then bottomless green teas to keep the day possible. Then I cut the caf tea and just had the one coffee. After a bit of my body recovering healthier adrenal function, I notice that herbal ginger tea of any kind gives me a bit of an energized buzz. Part of the hot chi bit of Chinese medicine, or just ginger as a herbal thermogenic.

I'll look into this, but then again... where do you find ginger tea at Mordor?

29 minutes ago, The Shogun said:

I'll look into this, but then again... where do you find ginger tea at Mordor?

Maybe just buy ginger root, cut it into matchstick sized pieces, drop it into hot water, maybe with a sachet of a fruity herbal for flavor, or green tea for caffeine kick, and call it a day? Either use loose leaf preparations like a tea ball or a filter to remove the veggie matter, or just drink around it.

Edit: the interwebs say I'm not crazy. Not this time anyway.

http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-12468/the-best-homemade-ginger-tea-ever.html

• Like 1

It is a terrible feeling, dear rebels, when you feel your body trapped, your arms tied, and your mind, your soul and your hearts are elsewhere yearning and calling you out. 

sigh

I feel under a lot of pressure. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The Shogun said:

Yeah, it doesn't work.

I usually when Mordor allows it, drink from two to three big cups a day.

Hehe, yes. I get sleepy even when I cut out the one cup of coffee I usually have per day.

I'm pretty sure you can find ginger tea in the grocery store, at least a big grocery store. I've seen every kind of damn tea possible. Except for when I wanted lemon lift (black tea with lemon), do they not make that anymore? So now I just lemon juice in my tea but am doing green tea. So I guess I can understand just putting chunks of ginger in your tea. 

raw

4 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Except for when I wanted lemon lift (black tea with lemon), do they not make that anymore?

Lemon lift is lyyyfe!! I just found it again at my grocery! I swear it's like a seasonal thing, but they can't decide which season. Also, plantation mint, another bigelow flavored black tea, also excellent.

• Like 1

On 16/2/2017 at 7:07 PM, Laghail said:

Maybe just buy ginger root, cut it into matchstick sized pieces, drop it into hot water, maybe with a sachet of a fruity herbal for flavor, or green tea for caffeine kick, and call it a day? Either use loose leaf preparations like a tea ball or a filter to remove the veggie matter, or just drink around it.

Edit: the interwebs say I'm not crazy. Not this time anyway.

http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-12468/the-best-homemade-ginger-tea-ever.html

11 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I'm pretty sure you can find ginger tea in the grocery store, at least a big grocery store. I've seen every kind of damn tea possible. Except for when I wanted lemon lift (black tea with lemon), do they not make that anymore? So now I just lemon juice in my tea but am doing green tea. So I guess I can understand just putting chunks of ginger in your tea. 

raw

6 hours ago, Laghail said:

Lemon lift is lyyyfe!! I just found it again at my grocery! I swear it's like a seasonal thing, but they can't decide which season. Also, plantation mint, another bigelow flavored black tea, also excellent.

Well... considering that most of the times it's hard to find even basic toiletries and other essential things in here, I think that ginger tea or lemon lift or anything similar will be very unlikely.

Food scarcity is a bitch.

23 hours ago, RedStone said:

Is where you're going to go... obviously emoji14.png

Sent from FrogStar World B

Hahahaha try Colombia instead.

Also <.< ahem... my boss is leaving to Florida next week. She might be able to receive a package of peeps or other undiscovered pleasures and give it directly to a certain impoverished Shogun.

710.jpg

• Like 1

Ok, guys. So I went to the box today. They don't have a receptionist to I had to interrupt someone's WOD. Shame on me. It turns out they're full on the timeslot I wanted to attend. But if I adjust a little bit my schedule (and quit one of my lessons) I can go to the box twice a week. So, I might be considering following the next schedule

Monday: Yoga (studio next to my house).

Tuesday: Rest? (heavy bag work at my house?)

Wednesday: Yoga.

Thursday: Crossfit

Friday: Functional Training (at my work's Hyperbolic Time Chamber)

Saturday: Crossfit

Sunday: Wing Chun

First, I'd join the box, then Wing Chun and then Yoga.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Shogun said:

Hahahaha try Colombia instead.

H3rFMZ3.gif

1 hour ago, The Shogun said:

Also <.< ahem... my boss is leaving to Florida next week. She might be able to receive a package of peeps or other undiscovered pleasures and give it directly to a certain impoverished Shogun.

DETAILS! PM ME! SERIOUS!!!

• Like 1

Ok, so I spend most of my evening recording and uploading a video update... and IT SUCKS!... any advice?

@RedStone I'm looking at you. Also. I'll talk to my boss tomorrow and send you the details as soon as I get them.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The Shogun said:

HAHAHAHAA IT'S SO FUNNY I'M POSTING IT ANYWAYS HAHAHAHAHAHA I GET DARTH VADER VOICE!

HA!!!! Yeah you do!!! What did you use to record? Do you think it hapenned in recording or uploading? Options for recording? (phone vs laptop?)

YUS DEETS PEEPS AND GOOD THINGS :D 

LE2ff3y.gif

• Like 1