• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The Shogun

The Shogun's Journey: The Moment has come

10 hours ago, RedStone said:

HA!!!! Yeah you do!!! What did you use to record? Do you think it hapenned in recording or uploading? Options for recording? (phone vs laptop?)

YUS DEETS PEEPS AND GOOD THINGS :D 

LE2ff3y.gif

So, I talked to my boss, and she's staying in a hotel. And she's afraid she might not be there at the hotel when the mail comes and it will get lost... 

Does that happen there? (Here, it totally does). I told her no, that surely the hotel will keep it and inform her when she returns but even if she doesn't dare to receive at the hotel, she has an aunt who can receive it and give it to her in a couple of weeks. 

48 minutes ago, The Shogun said:

So, I talked to my boss, and she's staying in a hotel. And she's afraid she might not be there at the hotel when the mail comes and it will get lost... 

Does that happen there? (Here, it totally does). I told her no, that surely the hotel will keep it and inform her when she returns but even if she doesn't dare to receive at the hotel, she has an aunt who can receive it and give it to her in a couple of weeks. 

Nope, doesn't happen. I can arrange it so it gets there before her, and they give it to her on arrival. Either way tho! (Actually I'm going to be in Southern and Western Florida in March... FYI...)

46 minutes ago, The Shogun said:

So, I downloaded the vimeo and the youtube capture app to use my phone to record video... let's give it another try.

YUS. Phones tend to be easier and more reliable!

Ehm... what week are we again?

I don't know. I've been doing little progress, but the progress I've made it's been significant. How do I feel about this challenge, the patreon site and my ultimate goal of surviving and escaping Venezuela? 

I try to fight back against this regime, against the corruption and the bureaucracy that make everything so absurdly complicated. But sometimes I feel that the harder I fight, another things comes up and I sink deeper in this hellhole until I'm trapped, paralyzed, breathless, because I'm way over my head. It's making me a nervous wreck. Before, I didn't fear staying here because I could ultimately manage and be "good enough"... but now that I have something to lose... I'm afraid.

Fortunately, all the planets have aligned again and everything seems momentarily better. I struggle to find a light in this darkness, even if it's a pinhole. The fact that is there is enough to overcome the dark. Even if it's only a distant light, it's enough to swim towards. I've saved enough money to make sure I can make better choices regarding my nutrition (but the president just increased the wages again... unleashing the already wild overinflation-kraken) and I've arranged to have several choices regarding my training. I still need to make some adjustments and sacrifices but... I've got to remember who the real enemy is.

I think I told you I found a yoga studio next to my house, and one of my roommates wants to sign up with me. So that's Yoga on Monday, Wednesday and (maybe) Fridays. Also, I managed to get a ride for me and my heavy bag to my place, and my other roommate is willing to practice with me a few rounds. I'll be teaching him how to throw some punches and kicks, so I'll have to watch a few youtube tutorials to clear the rust... any sugg-... wait, I should ask the Monks about that. So I can do that on tuesdays or on the weekends? Either way, I'll always have that as a backup plan along with BW workouts. And finally, I joined a CrossFit Box! Next week I'll start with Fundamentals (I guess I'll learn proper lifting form there?) You can check it out here. I wanted to go on Mon-Wed-Fri at 5pm after work, but they're so often booked at that time (no wonder, everyone finishes working at that time here) that they're no longer accepting new people in those timeslots, so I'll need to cancel one of my private lessons on Thursdays and maybe I'll on Thu-Fri.

So, that'll leave me with a schedule looking like these

Monday: Yoga

Tuesday: Heavy Bag

Wednesday: Yoga (or Crossfit, if I manage to change some things)

Thursday: Crossfit

Friday: Yoga or Crossfit

Saturday: ??? Heavy bag?

Sunday: Heavy bag / Wing Chun (if I ever join)

So. I'm becoming a Druid/Warrior/Assassin/Monk hybrid...

Soon, I'll be NF Captain Planet, I'm telling you guys.

Unless I'm never running... because running sucks.

Let's take a look at my goals.

DIET GOAL: NO MORE COFFEE

Ok, so far, I've accomplished my one day a cup goal. But since Friday, I'm visiting my folks this weekend. I'll stay until Tuesday... and here, cup flows like the blood on ancient babylon... which doesn't help a bit. Coffee is part as our rituals as a family! 

But once I'm out of here, it's tea time, sucka! I've stocked on green tea! 

Still haven't seen this ginger you guys keep talking about... but on Sunday I MIGHT be able to visit the chinese farmers market, surely, they'll have something there.

DIET GOAL: 80/20 PALEO

Shut up

FITNESS GOAL: KEEP LIFTING

• Join a box: DONE!
  • Keep lifting or at least do something: So, I'm incorporating this BW workout to my morning ritual but guys! I can't do skullcrushers no matter how many times I see myself as The Mountain of Game of Thrones! I'm changing them for dips <.<... 
  • Keep reading SS: 50% done! I'm on the Bench Press chapter.

LIFE GOAL: PATREON

Should the fact that I don't have a explanatory video on my patreon page stop me from launching? Nope.

Should the fact that I knocked down my entire personal website (and its backups) stop me from launching? Maybe

Should the fact that I don't have an english version stop me from launching? Maybe. How would english-speaking people support my writing if they can't understand it!? (Also, the fact that this challenge update is plagued by a thousand mistakes isn't helping either).

Can I finish this by end of this challenge? Only if I move my ass, yes!

But hey! I've got two Patrons already! YAY!

Also, one of my closest friends refused to being a patron, but she sent me a significant amount to my PayPal account and send me ahead in the race like a blue shell or a star in Mario Kart. I'm really thankful to her.

I'll do my best so the next update is a video.

maybe an unboxing video @RedStone (nudge nudge)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RedStone said:

You like glitter, right? In... exploding form?

V1dZ8YZ.gif

It would be FUNNY AS HELL if anyone or my boss tries to open it. 

Like, imagine me trying to explain the glitter. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Shogun said:

It would be FUNNY AS HELL if anyone or my boss tries to open it. 

Like, imagine me trying to explain the glitter. 

I am so in.

Okay, so things are starting to get better. I've become an obnoxious pain in the ass for my family, but they really need to get their asses off the couch if we want to safely escape this country, or at least... my mother needs to do it because I need to change my citizenship ASAP.... I've talked about this in so many places and with so many people that I don't know how much you know or don't know about my escape plans... so sorry if it's been hard to keep up. I feel like I'm fighting this hydra of goverment in which whenever I cut one head, two come up.

*sighs*

Gabriel, you are (not) alone.

(my rl name is Gabriel, hi! nice to meet you)

DIET GOAL: NO MORE COFFEE

Monday and Tuesday were spent on my parents place, I drank a lot of coffee. But ever since Wednesdays I've keep it to one small cup per day. No courage still to go cold turkey.

DIET GOAL: 80/20 PALEO

Stop looking at me that way.

FITNESS GOAL: KEEP LIFTING

So, this update is to talk about, mostly, this goal.

DOMS! auch auch auch everybody hurts, sometimes.

I'm dying in here. Yesterday was my first Crossfit class. I went thinking I was going to see a Fundamentals class, really excited to put my Starting Strenght / Nerd Fitness knowledge and experience to the test, I guessed it'll be a class to teach and check form.

NOPE

One of the coaches comes to me and tells me: "Hey, Gabe... ehm, you're the only one signed up to the fundamentals class (no wonder, since mondays and tuesdays were off due to the carnival), so we're not going to invest one coach in one class just for you... so, we're gonna put you in the regular class, you're doing the WOD, but I'll be with you along the class coaching you.

SAY WHAT!?

So, we did

A. Every two minutes, for 16 minutes (8 sets of):
Front Squat x 2-3 reps
B.Three rounds for time of:
Run 400 Meters
30 Double-Unders
20 Deadlifts (155lbs)
10 Front Squats (155 lbs)

I was literally dying after the warm up, praying for forgiveness to Cthulhu, the Time Lords and any other diety in existence.

First time I do front squats, I noticed I need to work on my flexibility and my coach told me so, too.

I CAN'T DO DOUBLE-UNDERS, SUCKA! but I did 60 regular jump ropes, and that was okay.

I'm getting ready to do my deadlifts, I do a couple of reps and the coach arches an eyebrow but says nothing. At the end of the class he comes up to me and says "Have you done deadlifts before? Your form was perfect! I really liked that deadlift."

Ka-motherfucking-BOOM!

Starting Strenght FTW.

LIFE GOAL: PATREON

FIRST PAYOUT DONE!

I'm really, really excited. It's not much, but just the fact that I could have an inordinate amount of savings protected from the wild inflation of my country fills me with hope. Today, once I get home, I'm working on a thank you post and on the rewards for my patreons.

Seriously, you should consider supporting me, guys. I'm amazing and you can help with as little with 1$, which isn't much, but it goes a long way for me.

WAIT!?

Is this spam!? DO I HAVE TO REPORT MY OWN THREAD!?

is  there a guild leader for guild leaders!? AM I ABUSING MY MOD POWERS!?

Oh, I'm just like redstone's BUJO now!!!

OH THE HORROR WHAT HAVE I BECOME!?

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, The Shogun said:

I was literally dying after the warm up, praying for forgiveness to Cthulhu, the Time Lords and any other diety in existence.

LOL. This is me any time I try to take a cardio class. But you did it, you did the thing! AND your deadlifts kicked ass. 

• Like 3

Jeez! gotta change that thumbnail video pic...

No video today, I'm too tired, so just a quick update.

I forgot to talk about yesterday's WOD. Since it's the first of three fundamentals class, we didn't do the official WOD but one designed to practice the movements we reviewed.

We reviewed: Air Squats, Front Squats, Back Squats, and Overhead Squats. I did several series of them, but only with a pvc tube so I didn't even bother to count.

The workout was

3RFT

Run 250M

15 Front Squats (Just the bar)

10 KB Swings (30kg KB)

and 5 Wallballs something something (when you squat, throw a 20lbs medicine ball to the wall and catch it back)

Today's Update

Just one cup of coffee

Lunch=Buttercup squash soup, beef and veggies stir fry and half a cup of rice.

Dinner, kinda the same... without the soup, and instead of beef I had eggs with sausages with the same vegetables. (I used tomorrow's lunch because they're serving my favorite venezuelan dish tomorrow at work, and I'm WOD for that thing... )

Didn't work at all on my patreon or website =(

Today I attended my second fundamentals class, we learned about the strict press, the push press and the press jerk, and the thrusters. 

Afterwards we did 3RFT

250M Row

15 Thrusters

30 sit ups

10 burpees.

The coach is really, reeeeally glad with my form, even when thrusters took me a little bit longer.

I'm just taking a shower and dropping dead on my bed in 3...2...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The Shogun said:

Today's Update

Just one cup of coffee

Lunch=Buttercup squash soup, beef and veggies stir fry and half a cup of rice.

Dinner, kinda the same... without the soup, and instead of beef I had eggs with sausages with the same vegetables. (I used tomorrow's lunch because they're serving my favorite venezuelan dish tomorrow at work, and I'm WOD for that thing... )

What is your fave venezuelan dish? 

On 8/3/2017 at 8:49 AM, Taddea Zhaan said:

What is your fave venezuelan dish? 

PABELLON! It's a very traditional dish consisting of black beans (with sugar! and sometimes cheese on top), fried plantains, shredded beef and rice.

IT'S SOOO GOOD. It's the first thing I learned to cook, and I tried to make a paleo version of it... but it was too sex-with-your-pants-on.

16 hours ago, The Shogun said:

PABELLON! It's a very traditional dish consisting of black beans (with sugar! and sometimes cheese on top), fried plantains, shredded beef and rice.

IT'S SOOO GOOD. It's the first thing I learned to cook, and I tried to make a paleo version of it... but it was too sex-with-your-pants-on.

I have never heard of this before, sounds awesome though! I have had the sex-with-pants on problem with trying to make many of my favorite foods paleo friendly.

17 hours ago, The Shogun said:

That may be the best metaphor ever.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Laghail said:

You have never heard of paleo sex-with-your-pants-on? 

I would google the link for you but that seems very NSFW. 

• Like 2

On 10/3/2017 at 10:49 AM, brutalbears said:

I have never heard of this before, sounds awesome though! I have had the sex-with-pants on problem with trying to make many of my favorite foods paleo friendly.

On 10/3/2017 at 11:29 AM, Laghail said:

On 10/3/2017 at 1:19 PM, Taddea Zhaan said:

You have never heard of paleo sex-with-your-pants-on? 

I would google the link for you but that seems very NSFW. 

YAY! I'M STILL TEACHING THINGS IN HERE!

• Like 1

Ok, so The Moment came and it was a big cataclysm, a galaxy destroyer. But no the one I was expecting. A few things ended but a few other things begin, too. After several weeks of problems and arguments, I broke up with my girlfriend. And... I don't really want to talk about it. I feel really sad. Turns out coffee had nothing to do with my anxiety levels. And I can enjoy a proper cup of coffee guilt-free now.

Fortunately, I had a stash of Peeps courtesy of @RedStone ironic care package. (I loved it). And now I'm taking back the reins of my life, focusing on what really matter and what's left. I'm starting a new yoga practice with my roommate, attending regularly a crossfit box, learned how to lift, and now I'm planning to take on hiking and getting back to the dojo.

...which means, that I'm going back to The Monks. 

I'm gonna miss my warriors friends.

But hey! I'll make sure to come back and check on you. Also, I follow you so, it's kinda hard to miss you.