I guess I'm doing 3/4 of a challenge this month. But that's okay because it's better than no challenge at all.

I'll flesh out my goals a bit but I wanted to make a mark here while my mood was up and I had time.

Gym) 3x per week, get back to my program

Food) Eat reasonably. No calorie counting, no macros, nothing fancy. Just eat reasonably to promote my goals.

Life) Plan things better. On Friday, plan the next week. Food, gym days, etc. Get myself organized and actually pack lunches and gym clothes and all my gear for rugby practice. 

For the last 2-3 weeks I've just been floating through life like a leaf in floodwaters. The chaotic life feeds the depression/anxiety which locks me up from being organized which leads to more chaos, etc. Gotta turn that ship around. 

• Like 1

joedog, level 15 Monk

Current Challenge

hi! I was a little late too. it's good you're here.

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

On 2/16/2017 at 4:26 PM, Teirin said:

There you are!  Yay!!!  All good goals.  Eat reasonably sums it up well.

I keep trying to make more stringent goals here. Then my brain goes "YOURENOTMYREALMOM!!!" and I eat nothing but candy bars. So I thought I would try a different strategy for a bit. 

On 2/16/2017 at 8:53 PM, Kishi said:

And there she is! Good to see you back with us, 'neesan!

Can't go too far. 

On 2/17/2017 at 1:32 AM, Alcnedlor said:

Good planning, reasonable eating and consistent gyming... You're on the road to success !

Thanks! 

On 2/17/2017 at 7:29 AM, karinajean said:

hi! I was a little late too. it's good you're here.

It is good that I'm here. Thanks! 

• Like 1

joedog, level 15 Monk

Current Challenge

So, I'm a semi-hoarder. Always have been. It's always been manageable but I'm at a tipping point. I read Coming Clean by Kimberly Rae Miller about her experiences as the child of hoarders and it was a real call to action. The first area I'm dehoarding is my bathroom. That's where my day starts and when it gets too messy it causes me to not do my normal morning routine. Not starting the day with a routine jacks up my whole day. As a result, I was in my bathroom at 930 last night working on it because I put it off all weekend. But I made some progress. Still have a lot of work to do. But at least I was able to brush my teeth and find my deodorant this morning. 

Going to the gym today and rugby practice tonight. I didn't pack lunch because I've got some work to do in the kitchen before I can make food there but I have a plan for a reasonable lunch. Wednesday will be gym day 2. I might only get 2 gym days in this week because I'm going to a 5 hour rugby practice on Saturday that may count if I can't slip away to the gym on Friday. 

I'm checking out Habitica to see if that will stimulate me the right way to get going on good habit building. Still working on getting to a psychiatrist so I can get my meds worked out. It is way harder than it should have to be to get in to a psych in this town without having a meltdown and getting a 3 day hold. Anyway, my weekend was rough because it was the 3 year mark of my Dad's passing but nothing but rugby and blue skies ahead! 

joedog, level 15 Monk

Current Challenge

it is WONDERFUL that you are clearing out space for the lifestyle that you want to live routinely.

have you heard of the Marie Kondo book about tidying up? it basically says "get rid of everything that doesn't bring joy." I read about 50% of it, and it's changed the way I treat my clothes and bathroom supplies and extra dishes. (full confession I will probably never read the rest of the book, and also, I will probably never apply this method to my craft supplies or my books or my old family photographs.)

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

On 2/20/2017 at 11:27 AM, Kishi said:

Oh no, only 5 hours of rugby practice? Gosh, is that all? You're getting lazy. /sarcasm

Anyway. I'm sorry it was a rough weekend for you. But I'm glad that there are good things to follow it. :)

Well...it's a clinic and I'll be alternating between participant and coach. But yeah, I'll be moving around a lot. I keep thinking it's not going to bother me as much. But I still miss him. My obsessive thinking falls into the pattern of reliving the last day and it just isn't healthy. I'm reading a book that claims it will help me break up my obsessive thinking patters but mostly so far it claims to help people break out of OCD by deciding not to be OCD anymore so I'm pretty skeptical. 

8 hours ago, karinajean said:

it is WONDERFUL that you are clearing out space for the lifestyle that you want to live routinely.

have you heard of the Marie Kondo book about tidying up? it basically says "get rid of everything that doesn't bring joy." I read about 50% of it, and it's changed the way I treat my clothes and bathroom supplies and extra dishes. (full confession I will probably never read the rest of the book, and also, I will probably never apply this method to my craft supplies or my books or my old family photographs.)

In the book about the hoarders, they have a pipe burst in their house. The house is so full of stuff that they are afraid to call someone to fix it so they shut the water off at the main and join a gym to shower. My house is nowhere near that point but...like I said, we're at the fork in the road on it. Amy is struggling with depression too and we're really letting it get away from us. I have read part of the Kondo book. I should read more of it to get inspired. 

3 hours ago, Teirin said:

Sorry it was a bad weekend :-( 

5 hours of rugby really counts.  Definitely.

Congrats on getting the bathroom started!  Another possible resource is Unfuck Your Habitat.  May or may not be your type of resource.

I've looked at UYH before! In fact, one of my very earliest challenges here on NF included it. I'll have to check that out again too!

Also, everyone, thanks for still being my friend and supporting me when I say things like I'm a semi-hoarder. You guys are seriously the best! 

• Like 1

joedog, level 15 Monk

Current Challenge

My week got a bit jumbled up. My session with Greg was actually Tuesday not Monday and then I cancelled because its the first day of shark week. It makes all my joints hurt and I'm too weak to make the gym a good thing. But I did a lot more running around at rugby practice last night than  I usually do. So that doesn't count but it was activity. 

Eating has been better than the last couple of weeks. I started to say "but" and decided eff that. No buts. It's better than it was. It doesn't have to be perfect, just better than last week and so far I'm doing that. 

My plan is a bit messed up but I'm still feeling good about this reset. 

• Like 2

joedog, level 15 Monk

Current Challenge