Flagwaver's Respawn, Take 2

I have returned... Again

Last year, I was forced to stop my fitness program because life decided to hit me.  By life, I mean a truck.  By me, I mean me in my car.  I spent three days in the hospital with whiplash and a concussion and then another three weeks on bed rest/climbing the walls with boredom (though, I got another character to level cap in Star Wars: The Old Republic).

The VA sent me to physical therapy to make sure that I was okay.  I had a wonderful physical therapist names Grand Inquisitor Torquemada.  Somehow, he found a way to therapy my replaced kneecap right off of the meniscus that it was connected to.  That resulted in another surgery and another month on my butt, and three more of physical therapy (this time with a much cuter and nicer inquisitor).  Also, I maxed out another character.

This all ended close to my birthday, in October, where I attempted to do the exercises I had previously.  Needless to say, I failed.  I didn’t just fail, I failed miserably.  This sunk me into a depression, which then turned into anxiety because of the holidays.  That all led me to the hospital in December with what I thought was a slow-build heart attack.  Thankfully, I think, it turned out to be just an anxiety attack, but it got my head space and timing back on track.

I did measurements in January to see my gains and losses since July.  They weren’t too bad, but still weren’t too good.  I gained 7 pounds, lost an inch off of my neck, gained half an inch off one bicep and a quarter off the other, gained three quarters of an inch on my chest, an inch and a half on my waist, three-quarters of an inch on my hips, a quarter of an inch on one thigh and a half an inch on the other, half an inch on one calf and a quarter of an inch on the other.  In the end, I gained 3.3% to my BFI, meaning 12.4 pounds of fat.

So, now I’m back and I’m starting from square one.  Well, I’ve started at square one, since I’ve been doing my training program since January 1st.  Expect to see me around a great deal more.

Thank you!  Also, I have to say... your avatar is creepily cute.

Haha thanks!

Inviato dal mio SM-G930F utilizzando Tapatalk

Goblin | Level 7 | STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 3 | CON: 3.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 2.5

Nerdfitness Character, Past challenges: 1 1 2 2 3 4 5 5 6, Current challenge (March 19 - April 15): click

Tough Mudder Ireland || Battle for Graduation || My Neverending Story (on hiatus)

giphy.gif

I’m back!

Yes, this is my second rising from the undead in the year.  Unfortunately, back in Mayish, I failed a Constitution roll.  Well, I failed a couple and nat 1’d one of them.  I caught a cold from my wife.  After two weeks, I was allowed another Constitution roll and failed it, thus turning it into the flu.  My third roll came up as a crit fail and I ended up with pneumonia.

I ended up in the hospital for a week and then bed rest for another.  Needless to say the conditioning I had for my two months of fitness went straight out the window.  My first day back on the track saw me completely winded and I had to stop in 30 minutes of beginning.  It’s taken me a month and a half to get back to being able to walk the track for an hour without dying.

So, now I’m beginning over.  My first couple of routines will be beginner-level video routines.  The first will be the Great Body Guaranteed film series from Beachbody.com.  The second will be the Ho’Ala Ke Kino (Awaken the Body) yoga program.  Both of these will be run for five weeks each.

Tomorrow begins my first day, taking part in the Week One Ranger Challenge (a double workout).  With that said, wish me luck!