Flagwaver's HIIT and Run

Welcome to the Daily Battle Log of Flagwaver.

I'll try to keep this updated, but there might be some days when I can't do so.  Primarily, you will see the dead text of my daily training journal, as well as some dietary information.  Weekly, I'll post a wrap-up of the past seven days with actual descriptions of what I did good and bad.  Monthly, you'll see the pictures and measurements I took (with a breakdown of the measurements below and pictures in my signature-linked album).  When I begin a new fitness program, I'll make a quick video and post it showing what's happened and what will happen.

Overall, my fitness goal is to get in shape and feel better about myself.  That's the quick and easy answer, at any rate.  For me, my goals are to get into the kind of shape I used to be in a decade ago and more.  Ultimately, I want to pull off a spandex costume and maybe a Spartan Race in a kilt!

Fanfare (1/1/2017 to ongoing)

Program Series: Cardio
Program Length: 13 weeks
Program Level: LOW
Cardio Type:
Walking, 1 hr
Program Goal: Lower BFI to 33% or below

Biceps                                  Thighs          Calves
 Date | Ht | Wt    | Neck  | Right   Left  | Chest | Waist | Hips  | Right   Left  | Right   Left  | BFI
------|----|-------|-------|-------|-------|-------|-------|-------|-------|-------|-------|-------|------
01Jan | 74 | 310.2 | 18.5  | 17.5  | 17.25 | 52.75 | 49.5  | 51.75 | 28    | 28    | 18    | 17.5  | 34.3%
29Jan | 74 | 311.8 | 19    | 18    | 17.5  | 53.5  | 49.75 | 52.5  | 28    | 27.75 | 18    | 17.75 | 34.3%
26Feb | 74 | 315.0 | 19.5  | 17    | 17.5  | 52    | 49.5  | 51.5  | 27.5  | 27.5  | 18.25 | 18    | 33.0%
  • Like 1

Date:

05-Mar-2017

Cardio Type:

Walking

Time:

1:01:58

Distance:

3.22 miles

Weekly Notes:

Technically speaking, I’ve been doing this program since January 1st.  It involves walking during the afternoon and then walking in the evening.  It's not much, but it's a good point for kicking off any exercise routine when I have basically been sedentary for the past few months.

I will fully admit that I am in better shape than I was when I began my fitness routine a little over a year ago.  I did back slide some from my last fitness weigh-in.  I went from 31% BFI in July to 34.3% in January.  With that said, my walking has made a whole heap of difference in my fitness level.

Date:

19-Mar-2017

Cardio Type:

Walking

Time:

0:56:55

Distance:

2.88 miles

Weekly Notes:
Now begins both the Challenge and the final two weeks of this 13 week workout fanfare.  After this is a rest week with more walking and then my next routine.  The weather is also heating up a little, so my walks should be a bit more comfortable!