• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

I just picked up a copy of Mastermind: How to Think Like Sherlock Holmes. I'm still on the first chapter, but it looks like a chunk of the book will focus on mindfulness and how being more aware and more alert can keep your brain sharper. The book jacket says the author explores Sherlock's "unique methods of ever-present mindfulness, astute observation, and logical deduction."

Has anyone read this book? If so, what did you think? Are you a Sherlock Holmes fan? Comment below.

tumblr_o37rgmgO0q1rmm7qzo1_500.gif

• Like 1

I just picked up a copy of Mastermind: How to Think Like Sherlock Holmes. I'm still on the first chapter, but it looks like a chunk of the book will focus on mindfulness and how being more aware and more alert can keep your brain sharper. The book jacket says the author explores Sherlock's "unique methods of ever-present mindfulness, astute observation, and logical deduction."

Has anyone read this book? If so, what did you think? Are you a Sherlock Holmes fan? Comment below.

tumblr_o37rgmgO0q1rmm7qzo1_500.gif
Haven't read the book or heard of it, but your post and the photo have my full attention. I'm a huge fan of Sherlock, deductive reasoning, I meditate, and I'm a huge fan of Sherlock. Yes, I said it twice. :)

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 12/13/2017 at 8:07 PM, Wolfen said:

Glad it intrigues you. Your username has my full attention. InnerFire is the name of Wim Hof's company.

Hello Wolfen and my apologies for my late response, as December gets a bit busy and I am still playing catchup. Glad that you liked my username—unfortunately my username is not related to Wim Hof. InnerFire (or Inner Heat), incidentally, is also connected to an ancient Tibetan practice of gTummo, but my name did not come from that either (not that I know of, anyway). My username came to me many years ago (it was a gift from an old friend), but had no connection to any company, nor had I or my friend heard of Wim Hof. Thank you for the compliment anyway :)   May you be well. _/\_

• Like 1