• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Mike Wazowski

Mike Wazowski: Eating right (or at least better)

4 hours ago, Laghail said:

This is practically a human right. Moxey does great macho DL socks, but socks are where you get to flash some PL personality. Ironic unicorn socks, or unironic MLP socks like @Br0din rocks just to flash his pony love; there's no bad way to play it.

th?id=OIP.cHtkVfkUCWuNnEY9ZSfkpQEsEs&w=2

Love it! Though I'm not sure I have the lifts to justify any sort of swag (ironic or un-) in my DL socks, might go for plain colors (or wearing long warmups for DL sets / in general).

Yesterday's workout:

Squat - 45x5x2, 135x5, 165x5, 185x5, 205x5, 230x5x3

Bench - 45x5x2, 95x5, 135x5, 150x5, 170x5x3- failed set 2

Cleans / power cleans - Drills 45x3 each, then 65x3x5

• Super w/ chins - 5,5,5,5,5

Super

• OHS 45x8x2, 45x5
  • Dips BWx10x2, BWx6

Cleans are starting to feel almost comfortable, which is a nice contrast from snatches on Wednesday being an absolute s*** show. Felt weak overall yesterday, probably due to <6 hours of sleep the night before (and by probably I mean definitely). 

With ballroom nationals coming up on the 9th - 10th, planning to take next week super easy on the lifting front and do weights I can comfortably handle 100% of the time for my 5 reps x 3 sets working weights (and will do similar for accessory work as well):

• Squats: 185
  • Bench: 135
  • Cleans: 65
  • Deadlift: 230
  • OHP: 95
  • Snatch: 45 (from hip for now)
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

YOU FINALLY HAVE AN AVATAR. FINALLY. 

Also, great workout I guess. :P 

Haha priorities. I knew what I wanted to do avatar wise for like a month before actually setting it up. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

YOU FINALLY HAVE AN AVATAR. FINALLY. 

HAHAHA THIS! And it's seeeewwwww cuuuuuuuuutee ^___^

18 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Also, great workout I guess. :P 

*Shrug* also this, I guess ;) 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RedStone said:

HAHAHA THIS! And it's seeeewwwww cuuuuuuuuutee ^___^

I appreciate this pun immensely. Especially since sewing dance accessories has eaten up a bunch of my free time the past two weeks.

• Like 1

Yesterday morning's workout below. Had to wait for a rack, ended up starting with accessory supersets, then 

Not pushing it much on the weight front this week with ballroom nationals coming up, likely will jump back into a novice strength progression when I get back, though I'm also considering something like juggernaut or 5/3/1 that's explicitly not designed to be the main focus of one's training (since I do have a pretty brutal dance schedule to recover from too). 

Eating right hasn't happened - I probably should have realized this was a sign I was getting sick, but I didn't catch that - I'm now home after leaving work early. On the plus side, I've decided to give up all sweets for Lent, so eating right will be at least a little easier for the next month and a half (starting tomorrow).

Deadlift - 135x5x2, 165x5, 185x5, 210x5, 230x5

Press - 45x5x2, 70x5, 80x5, 95x5x3

Snatch from hips - 45x3x5

• Super w/ pull-ups: 4, 4, 4, 4, 4

Super

• DB Bench 35x12x3
  • BB row 70x10x3

Super

• Pistol squat BWx6@x3
  • Push ups 3x8 (4s down)
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RedStone said:

OH NOES you got the sick :( Feel better! Get that biz all better!!! Hope you got in a pixie stick before lent starts ;) 

Thanks! Getting to nap instead of being cranky at work all afternoon helped a ton.

I had zero pixie sticks, but an uncountable number of peanut m&m's, so still an on-theme Fat Tuesday! Sadly no paczki to be found in Dallas, I do miss those from growing up in Chicago.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MikeWazowski said:

Thanks! Getting to nap instead of being cranky at work all afternoon helped a ton.

I had zero pixie sticks, but an uncountable number of peanut m&m's, so still an on-theme Fat Tuesday! Sadly no paczki to be found in Dallas, I do miss those from growing up in Chicago.

Paczki are life. Gourmet donuts have nothing on these beauties.  

• Like 1

This morning's workout below - continuing the deload week, which will be starting weights when I re-run Starting Strength post ballroom nationals. Today was my first time using an ab wheel, not sure if I did it right but I felt something at least. Also my first time warming up before doing the lifting - probably something I should have been doing all along.

Mobility warm-up - DeFranco Agile 8

Squat - 45x5x2, 135x5, 165x5x 185x5x3
Bench - 45x5x2, 95x5, 115x5, 135x5x3
Clean - 65x3x5
- Super w/ chins: 6, 6, 6, 5(Pull-ups instead), 6

Super - 4x
- Ab wheel 15
- Back extension 12

Super 3x
- Hollow hold 45s
- Super man hold 30s - skipped last 1

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Laghail said:

Paczki are life. Gourmet donuts have nothing on these beauties.  

PREACH! Though I sadly haven't had them in a couple years, my best efforts a couple years ago came up empty finding any places that sell Paczki in Dallas. I've already started researching overnight shipping options for next year, and might have found an in-town place.

Speaking of nutrition, wasn't happy to see the scale weight this morning (highest by ~1 lb in a month of data) so I'm going to start tracking via MFP again to try and reverse that trend ASAP (because beer bellies and dance costumes do not mix well).

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, MikeWazowski said:

PREACH! Though I sadly haven't had them in a couple years, my best efforts a couple years ago came up empty finding any places that sell Paczki in Dallas. I've already started researching overnight shipping options for next year, and might have found an in-town place.

Speaking of nutrition, wasn't happy to see the scale weight this morning (highest by ~1 lb in a month of data) so I'm going to start tracking via MFP again to try and reverse that trend ASAP (because beer bellies and dance costumes do not mix well).

If you want a stalker shoot me your username! Also very curious about your costuming... and sewing.... 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, RedStone said:

If you want a stalker shoot me your username! Also very curious about your costuming... and sewing.... 

I will do this, once I find my username in the app.

I'll try and take some pictures of the costuming / sewing work and upload them to a photo sharing site to paste links here - I noticed that I very quickly ran out of storage space with my one BuJo page.

On ‎03‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 11:24 AM, MikeWazowski said:

I dunno, if I was in your position, I'd just enjoy the paczki and see about a more forgiving dance costume.

Image result for snuggie costume

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Laghail said:

I dunno, if I was in your position, I'd just enjoy the paczki and see about a more forgiving dance costume.

Image result for snuggie costume

Haha, if I hadn't given up sweets / added sugar for Lent, I would find some paczki! Unfortunately I didn't think to search local options until Ash Wednesday.

54 minutes ago, Laghail said:

Hrm, I should have given up cardio for lent. Because I love it so much...

Not sure you and I have the same definition of sacrifice...

• Like 1

Didn't post my workout Friday, but it was basically:

• Warm up
  • OHP, working up to 95x5x3
  • Deadlift 135x45 in 3:24 for the warrior mini (15, 12, 6, 5, 5, 2 were reps from individual attempts - I was definitely gassed by the end)
  • Abs

As far as the other challenge goals, I've been failing pretty consistently on the eating and sleeping, and recently have had a slide in work productivity (probably related to nationals hype / crazy late nights working on crafting projects). Think I'm gonna need to dust myself off and take a slightly modified approach for next challenge. But for now, I'm done with work til next Monday and my partner and I are in Houston to train for nationals!

• Like 1

@RedStone, here's a pic of some of the sewing projects I was working on for my partner -  basic bangle bracelets (6), headband w/ rhinestones and beaded fringe, and belt w/ rhinestones and beaded fringe. There are also two armbands with the beaded fringe and rhinestones that my partner had with her when I took this picture.

I made them all from scratch, they were actually pretty simple, all things considered. It helps that everything in ballroom follows what I call the "10-feet rule" i.e. that no one who matters is seeing your costume from fewer than 10 feet away, so it doesn't need to look good up close.

I didn't do as much for myself, just hemming a shirt my coach is letting me borrow that matches my partner's dress well (we bought her dress pre-made from overseas, then I did some light alterations to make it fit right). Also rhinestoned the soles of her shoes (Christian Louboutin style contrast sole).

• Like 2

12 hours ago, MikeWazowski said:

@RedStone, here's a pic of some of the sewing projects I was working on for my partner -  basic bangle bracelets (6), headband w/ rhinestones and beaded fringe, and belt w/ rhinestones and beaded fringe. There are also two armbands with the beaded fringe and rhinestones that my partner had with her when I took this picture.

I made them all from scratch, they were actually pretty simple, all things considered. It helps that everything in ballroom follows what I call the "10-feet rule" i.e. that no one who matters is seeing your costume from fewer than 10 feet away, so it doesn't need to look good up close.

I didn't do as much for myself, just hemming a shirt my coach is letting me borrow that matches my partner's dress well (we bought her dress pre-made from overseas, then I did some light alterations to make it fit right). Also rhinestoned the soles of her shoes (Christian Louboutin style contrast sole)

ERMERGERRRD THE SPARKLES!!!! THE TRIM!!!! I so love this and want to see some sparkly shoes too OMG OMG And I LOVE the 10' rule. What a game changer. I'll show you some of my head pieces sometime... only truly appreciated by the theater/performance set lol

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Laghail said:

Dang son. 

4 hours ago, RedStone said:

ERMERGERRRD THE SPARKLES!!!! THE TRIM!!!! I so love this and want to see some sparkly shoes too OMG OMG And I LOVE the 10' rule. What a game changer. I'll show you some of my head pieces sometime... only truly appreciated by the theater/performance set lol

3 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

bangly sparkly headband?! But how does she see? 

Haha thanks y'all! 

Red, isn't the 10-feet rule the best? Totally works for garish makeup too (I joke about the girls having "ballroom raccoon eyes" all the time). I'd love to see some of the head pieces!

Taddea, who said she needs to see? But actually, we'll position it just high enough that the fringe doesn't block her eyesight - I'll take a picture of us in full competition regalia later this week and add it here, most likely (plus maybe some video since I promised a small horde of coworkers I'd share some with them).

• Like 1