And so, the journey begins once more!

Hi everyone!

Name's Justin, or you can call me by my character name, Kai. I am glad to be joining the Rebellion! I have tried many times (and failed many times) to get in better shape than I am. The only time I was successful was when I had a very physically intense job for over 5 years. I felt great. I was energetic. I was 'healthy'. But, life changes. I moved away from that job and found myself back into a sedentary lifestyle once again. And now, sitting at around 295 lbs from my most recent doctor's visit, I want to reclaim that healthy energy once more! My father just recently lost a ton of weight doing some... uhh... questionable dieting and exercise that, to me, is unhealthy. He lost over 100 lbs in less than a year. I have BS degrees in Chemistry and Molecular Biology, been studying medicine and pharmacology practically all my life and know that is unhealthy. I want to do it the healthy way, once more.

If I had an overall diet/fitness goal, it would be to reduce my body fat, increase lean muscle, and increase endurance. I know the ways in approaching these goals are the dreaded diet ("Die with a T!" as Garfield the Cat says. :P) and increase exercise. Being a picky eater all my life makes the diet changes harder and that lack of energy makes the exercise seem tougher. I am what we used to call at the physical rehab hospital I used to work at, deconditioned. I need to get my body back into condition! Another goal I have is to finally start taking up some martial arts training. I've been interested since I was a kid, but never did it because of my weight, strength, and endurance issues. This is something I really want to try to achieve!

Life goals would be to socialize more in my new place and become a better teacher (I teach middle school science). I am by no means introverted (ENFP baby for the win! Just like Usagi from "Sailor Moon"! XD), but it has been harder to meet new people down here in Miami vs. being back home in West Virginia. At least, looking for people with the same interests as me. (Anime/manga/games... Yeah, I'm a self-professed otaku for 18 years :P). And, even then, my interests fell to the wayside as I was getting situated down here.

Fun goals for me would be to get back into the anime community and continue to improve my creative writing endeavors. I have been out of the community for so long I want to be back in again. Whenever I talk, I sound like an old man remembering yesteryear (and I advise the anime club at the school! >.<). I wanna get back out and socialize again. Go to cons again. Cosplay again! Stuff I haven't done since coming down here. I do some creative writing on the side and post my work online. I'm building up more popularity and wanna continue writing stories as a hobby. But, I know I can be better at it. ^^;

Whew! Sorry for the long introduction! I'm one of those scientific thinkers. We go into too much detail! XD

Thanks for taking time to read this!

• Like 3

Kai the Science Guy

Race: Human | Class: Ranger/Monk

[Level 0 ] [STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | CON: 0 | INT: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0]

Kai's Ranger Training Lab Notebook Kai's Character Page

Welcome! Your goals are awesome, I especially dig the fitness goals (mine are along similar lines) and the 'be a better teacher' goal! I'm going to guess you must be fairly great to begin with or you wouldn't be worried about improving (maybe you can give me some tips! Hehe). I hope you're able to get back into your creative interests and that the friend-making gets easier! I know that can be really tough, especially after a big move (I've moved around waaay too much). Sending happy thoughts!

• Like 1

Hope | Level 0 [135xp] | Druidess

Epic Quest Log | Daily Battle Log

Current Challenge: Hope ventures inward

Goodreads | MFP | FitBit

Welcome to the Rebellion Kai.  Your backstory sounds like a lot of your fellow rebels and I think you will find a lot of good resources to help you along your path.

Current Challenge: TBD

Past Challenges: Road to Redemption  Spartan! 006 Triwizard Wonder (1/2) Bourne Foundations Storyteller

"Come stay a while and listen" - Deckard

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us." - Gandalf