• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
dexter101

Anyone using Freeletics?

Hey guys,  wasn't sure if anyone on hear is using Freeletics Bodyweight, running or Gym?

For those who might not have heard of it, its an app originally focussed on bodyweight exercise and progression through time and beating your PB times.

Thought might be good to have a Thread on this for anyone who's interested in sharing their experiences and stories and keeping eachother motivated.  

a bit of a tarde reply, but i did use freeletics for a while regularly, and even now i use it once in a while as a Strength-Endurance session. I stopped paying for coach after 1 year, and just use the free workouts now. 

it definitely works in terms of developing strength-endurance, and maximal strength (notably on the difficult progressions like 1-arm pushups, pistol squats). 

downside: I HATE burpees now. Just can't look at them the same way. 

This is also quite a bit late, but I use Freeletics as well. Two years ago I used it for about 8 weeks consistently and started to see some great physique results. Unfortunately my form was not up to par and I ended up with a minor knee injury. I then did not use it for awhile, but I have recently started back up with it again, though I am not very consistent. I love all the new improvements they have made to the coach since I used it 2 years ago.

Just to follow up my original post, I have now been doing freeletics for 14 weeks and have found it really useful and motivating.  I like the fact I don't have to plan my own workout, I can do the workout in my own back garden (unless longer sprints are needed) and I like being able to see my times progress. 

I have lost 12lb in that time also eating around 1800-2000 calories.

I have gone from struggling to do 10 press ups to now being about to do 25 (in one set).

waist is now down to 34 inches

5k time has jumped from 31 minutes to 27.5.

All in all, really happy with how things are going and it fits into my lifestyle.  

We are expecting our first child in september and have told my wife I will buy her freeletics coach for the year when she is ready to start training (she really misses working out... its not me being controlling!) because I think it will be something we can manage together so we both have our 30 minutes to work out.