• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ChirpyBird

Craving

Well if you can't stand seltzer, then yea, you're out of luck.  But the question might be why don't you like seltzer.  Odds are because you expect it to be sweet like soda, and it's decidedly not.  I hated seltzer for the longest time, and only fairly recently tried it again to find I enjoyed it a lot, but not all seltzer is created equal.  Definitely have had some crappy, artificial tasting ones before.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RisenPhoenix said:

Well if you can't stand seltzer, then yea, you're out of luck.  But the question might be why don't you like seltzer.  Odds are because you expect it to be sweet like soda, and it's decidedly not.  I hated seltzer for the longest time, and only fairly recently tried it again to find I enjoyed it a lot, but not all seltzer is created equal.  Definitely have had some crappy, artificial tasting ones before.

What kind do you drink that you enjoy?

I drink Polar brand seltzer, but that's a pretty local thing.  A lot of people like La Croix, though I've never had some.  Your best bet is to just find a small bottle every now and again and try out new ones.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RisenPhoenix said:

I drink Polar brand seltzer, but that's a pretty local thing.  A lot of people like La Croix, though I've never had some.  Your best bet is to just find a small bottle every now and again and try out new ones.

We actually have Polar at some stores here! I'll try it out. Thank you! :) 

I've also had friends who went out and bought soda streams so they could carbonate their own beverages that conform to paleo (ie. lemon berry water).  I don't have personal experience with this but it might be worth a try if you're not finding a seltzer you like.

I also LOVE tonic water.  Growing up my great uncles would drink G&T's all the time and make me 'virgins' with just tonic and lime.  You need to keep an eye on the added sugar from brand to brand, but could also be a viable alternative.

• Like 1