• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

miss_marissa

Warrior Mini Challenge #2: Tons of Deadlifts

31 minutes ago, ArgSki77 said:

But he really rubbed people the wrong way for slamming the barbells after lifts and being really "in your face".

I'm generally in favour of passion and enthusiasm... but from him, it always came across as "fake intensity"... just being loud and annoying because he is loud and annoying...

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Blocky said:

I'm generally in favour of passion and enthusiasm... but from him, it always came across as "fake intensity"... just being loud and annoying because he is loud and annoying...

People like that are the reason I quit high school football despite being a varsity starter. I enjoyed playing the game both from a physical and cerebral aspect (blocking schemes can get complicated, found it super interesting), but that jock mentality of being loud and intense in order to "be hype" mixed with the misogyny of high school teenagers made me hate the time in the locker room.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Gainsdalf the Whey said:

People like that are the reason I quit high school football despite being a varsity starter. I enjoyed playing the game both from a physical and cerebral aspect (blocking schemes can get complicated, found it super interesting), but that jock mentality of being loud and intense in order to "be hype" mixed with the misogyny of high school teenagers made me hate the time in the locker room.

This^. I was that dude in the locker room with headphones on, sitting in front of my locker half asleep until time to run onto the field...

On 3/7/2017 at 5:16 PM, Blocky said:

That's Jon North... really good weightlifter but pretty horrible human being.... Glenn uses him for a lot of his technique vids but Jon always looks pissy and bored...

On 3/7/2017 at 5:35 PM, ArgSki77 said:

he really rubbed people the wrong way for slamming the barbells after lifts and being really "in your face".

On 3/7/2017 at 6:07 PM, Blocky said:

"fake intensity"... just being loud and annoying because he is loud and annoying...

I find it extremely funny that ya'll know this dude who I guess isn't some floor banging rando after all :P I kind of had him pegged as some emo athlete type - like how I imagine Jay Cutler (#sorrynotsorry AKA - Mr. if you need me for anything I'll be in a dark closet listening to the cure...)

9 hours ago, Gainsdalf the Whey said:

We didn't have "outside" in high school. I've always wondered what real jock culture during that time would have been like. (Is it really like in tv? Maybe in some ways? IDK) I played in college, but I'm guessing it wasn't quite as, erm... schoolyard-Ish?

• Like 1

Just wanted to pop in and let y'all know that I finally smashed a new 5RM of 385 today after failing to do so the past two weeks. 

I fully attribute it to the volume in this mini, without any scientific evidence to support that claim in the least.  I had been getting pooped 3-4 reps in and form was breaking down.  Was able to hold it together today for all 5 reps. 

Thanks to Marissa or whoever thought this up for helping to get me through that barrier. 

• Like 9

Finished past Tuesday w/ 26 reps at 225 -- Reps of 9 x 9 x 8.  Doing at 5:30 am wasn't the brightest but done nonetheless ...

• Like 2

On 3/10/2017 at 2:39 PM, Broba Fett said:

Just wanted to pop in and let y'all know that I finally smashed a new 5RM of 385 today after failing to do so the past two weeks. 

I fully attribute it to the volume in this mini, without any scientific evidence to support that claim in the least.  I had been getting pooped 3-4 reps in and form was breaking down.  Was able to hold it together today for all 5 reps. 

Thanks to Marissa or whoever thought this up for helping to get me through that barrier. 

YYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

That's awesome.

• Like 1