• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

miss_marissa

Warrior Mini Challenge #2: Tons of Deadlifts

I might have a go at this. Starting a deload week soon, which sometimes turns into a "Ha ha just kidding let's beat the shit out of myself" week, so why not?

Strategery for me would probably be 3 sets of 11 @ 185lbs, resting til 1:30 after the first set and til 3:30 after the second. Nice leisurely pace on the last set.

• Like 3

I just did mine. Here are my numbers, times are approximate.

135#

Sets: 13, 10, 10, 8, 6, 5

Beginner goal: 30reps, 4050# @ ~3:00

Advanced goal: 45 reps, 6075# @ ~4:30

Personal goal: 50 reps

Total reps: 52

Total weight: 7020# or 3.51 tons

A couple factors:

I decided to do 135# for high reps after a couple of warmup sets. Since i haven't pulled in a while i figured this was smarter.

This was fasted... First thing in the morning.

My plates are about an inch shorter in diameter than Oly, so I'm pulling from a deficit.

I did this at home and was trying to be nice to the neighbors below in case they were home. Might have moved a little faster at the gym.

I'm waiting for the vid to upload. Will post later.

I might try a heavier weight next weekend to see if i can improve my time and/or total.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Oramac said:

Plan: 

EMOM

135# x 6-9 reps

6 reps per minute gets beginner; 9 reps per minute gets advanced. I'll probably do a couple warmup sets at 95# too.  

Solid plan, looks pragmatic for protecting your spine while still literally moving tons of weight.

• Like 2

Ok, I'm in.  I think my first attempt at this I will borrow @Curl Brogo's plan.

38 minutes ago, Curl Brogo said:

135#

Sets: 13, 10, 10, 8, 6, 5

Beginner goal: 30reps, 4050# @ ~3:00

Advanced goal: 45 reps, 6075# @ ~4:30

Personal goal: 50 reps

Total reps: 52

Total weight: 7020# or 3.51 tons

Of course, since this is a competition...  I'll have to best his times and reps.  

Image result for oh, no he didn't

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Br0din said:

Of course, since this is a competition...  I'll have to best his times and reps.  

Confession: I read all your posts in a jake peralta voice.

jakeperalta.gif

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

BTW the weight on the bar doesn't have to be fixed for all sets, right?

If you want to take the time out of your 5 minutes to change plates you can.

The goal is to keep it the same throughout though :) 

2 hours ago, calanthrophy said:

I might have a go at this. Starting a deload week soon, which sometimes turns into a "Ha ha just kidding let's beat the shit out of myself" week, so why not?

Strategery for me would probably be 3 sets of 11 @ 185lbs, resting til 1:30 after the first set and til 3:30 after the second. Nice leisurely pace on the last set.

Deload week is always such a sham.

For me it looks like: Let's do some conditioning and get your ass kicked, mmk?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

If you want to take the time out of your 5 minutes to change plates you can.

4 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

The goal is to keep it the same throughout though :) 

Which one of the two? :P 

4 hours ago, RedStone said:

and coaches are sadistic

Tell me about it..... :panda:

Next week is a deload week between blocks, so I can make this work!  I can do one of two things:

1. See how fast I can hit this 6000 pound volume.

2. See how much volume I can hit in five minutes.

The first one is easier logistically, because all I need is to tape myself.  The second one requires a timer.  If I get my trainer to play, then I get somebody to time me five minutes and yell at me and help me with a strategy.  (given that I have very little crossfit experience)

• Like 3

If we do this with just the bar, does the bar have to touch the ground or can it roughly go to the height of where Olympic plates would put it? #strategy #cardiodeadlifts

EMOM 30 reps with 45lb bar = Total 6750lbs

Spoiler

But will actually do a real attempt at some point that isnt a 8% 1RM weight...but that would be a great video

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ArgSki77 said:

Hide contents

But will actually do a real attempt at some point that isnt a 8% 1RM weight...but that would be a great video

I feel like that would end up in one of those Gym Fail videos with people doing wacky shit. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ArgSki77 said:

If we do this with just the bar, does the bar have to touch the ground or can it roughly go to the height of where Olympic plates would put it? #strategy #cardiodeadlifts

EMOM 30 reps with 45lb bar = Total 6750lbs

Why not use 10 pound technique plates for 65 pounds?  Then you only need 94 reps.  One rep per 3 seconds gets you 100 reps.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sam Ashen said:

Why not use 10 pound technique plates for 65 pounds?  Then you only need 94 reps.  One rep per 3 seconds gets you 100 reps.

Too much weight, not enough cardio...forget 10rep warrior cardio sets, Im gonna do 1x150 :P

• Like 3

Hi! I'm brand new, but this challenge seems doable for me :)

5RM is 90kg, but don't fancy trying anything that heavy so I think I will most likely do 60kg

16x60 = 960 and gets me beginner

31x60 = 1,860 and gets me advanced

So I guess my strategy will be sets of 8 and try not to die - Will be attempting tomorrow

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Steph__lifts said:

Hi! I'm brand new, but this challenge seems doable for me :)

5RM is 90kg, but don't fancy trying anything that heavy so I think I will most likely do 60kg

16x60 = 960 and gets me beginner

31x60 = 1,860 and gets me advanced

So I guess my strategy will be sets of 8 and try not to die - Will be attempting tomorrow

Hey, me too! :D 

Actually... I just realised I only do 1 x 5 of 65 kg as part of my stronglifts 5 x 5 :(  I could probably stretch to a set of 8 @ 60 kg, but would I be able to repeat it before the timer runs out?  There's only one way to find out!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Vibrantella said:

Hey, me too! :D 

Actually... I just realised I only do 1 x 5 of 65 kg as part of my stronglifts 5 x 5 :(  I could probably stretch to a set of 8 @ 60 kg, but would I be able to repeat it before the timer runs out?  There's only one way to find out!

Well I just looked up how many I would need to do to hit the advanced male one (ha!) so I think I'm overreaching a bit there (FYI - 46). I've done sets of 5x10 at 60 before but definitely not within 5 minutes. That was some time ago though so MAYBE. I figure I'm just going to start and see what it feels like. 

I run Candito so I do 2 x 6 deadlifts after 3 x 6 squats, working weight for deads is 85kg right now so I reckon I've got a good shot at the advanced female total once I don't do the heavy squats before hand. Maybe I'll get close to the male advanced... like you say, only one way to find out!

• Like 5

Challenge done!  For the record, doing this at the end of my workout last night was a monumentally terrible idea.  

135# x9 reps per minute got me the advanced weight.  I probably did it wrong though.  I figured having rest time between sets would be good, so I did the 9 reps as fast as possible with good form.  Ended up doing the 9 reps in about 15 seconds and resting for 45 seconds, 5 times.  Bad idea.  By the time I finished my head was killing me.  Massive exertion headache.  Thankfully I've had them occasionally before and I know they go away after a few hours, which it did, but it sucked at the time.  

Anyway.  That's all folks! 

• Like 7