No registered users viewing this page.

Warrior Mini Challenge #2: Tons of Deadlifts

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have done this thing. Not gonna even try to make a dent in the leaderboards given the superhuman performances you lunatics have put up.   Reps were at 185lbs. Sets of 14, 10, and 9 to reac

Okeydokey, volume attempt was this morning, 5 minutes to get 240lbsx60  = 14400. Spoilers below:  

A vow has been been made!    Because the lady @Emerald_Dragonfly has been too ill to lift until recently, I promised to do the the mini challenge in her good name! The vitality of which will

The fact that you even considering doing it with deficits makes me lol

Hehehe it's not too far from what I'm already doing volume wise, maybe I have to now lol or I'm just insane. Both a possibility.

FOR EMERALD!!!

Sent from FrogStar World B

• Like 1

I did my speed attempt this week and got 81 seconds for the male advanced weight. 300x20 reps, and a desk lady suggesting I switch to lighter or quieter weights. She's not the cheering section I asked for, but she's the cheerleader I deserve.

Image result for soccer mom meme

I'll do an attempt for max weight in 5 mins next week and I'm sure my new BFF will chime in on that attempt too.

Image result for shhh gym meme

• Like 6
3 minutes ago, Laghail said:

I did my speed attempt this week and got 81 seconds for the male advanced weight. 300x20 reps, and a desk lady suggesting I switch to lighter or quieter weights. She's not the cheering section I asked for, but she's the cheerleader I deserve.

Image result for soccer mom meme

I'll do an attempt for max weight in 5 mins next week and I'm sure my new BFF will chime in on that attempt too.

Image result for shhh gym meme

Nicely done. Annoying the staff at the gym is a true warrior's main goal.

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, Laghail said:

Was it Plato who said "Verum bellator est abicio gymnasum operarios"? Lets go with yes.

Umm... Maybe more like:

Ενοχλητικό το προσωπικό γυμναστήριο είναι ο κύριος στόχος του αληθινού πολεμιστή.

Plato was Greek

• Like 3
Just now, Curl Brogo said:

Umm... Maybe more like:

Ενοχλητικό το προσωπικό γυμναστήριο είναι ο κύριος στόχος του αληθινού πολεμιστή.

Plato was Greek

He definitely spoke latin too, probably from evening classes for working adult philosophers.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Gainsdalf the Whey said:

I love seeing people for the first time

Actually it is not the first time you saw him on video.  Nearly two years ago he posted a video of a 385 pound squat and you said something that if you were a judge you would give it all white lights, even if it did look like a squat-morning.  You said something about him looking like Ogre from Revenge of the Nerds.

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, Sam Ashen said:

Actually it is not the first time you saw him on video.  Nearly two years ago he posted a video of a 385 pound squat and you said something that if you were a judge you would give it all white lights, even if it did look like a squat-morning.  You said something about him looking like Ogre from Revenge of the Nerds.

Sam Ashen with the eidetic memory for nerd community life!

Never change. Plz and thnx.

• Like 4
14 minutes ago, Sam Ashen said:

I still remember the first time I saw a picture and I was like ooooh CURL brogo. DUH. 

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

Would you guys want me to edit in a leaderboard at the end of the OP? For those who are going for heaviest weights or fastest time? 

No prizes or anything just fun for bragging rights. Maybe @Gainsdalf the Whey could hand out fun titles if you want to.

I think time is the best one.  As strategy matters between going heavy vs light weights for time.  

ETA:  or maybe a time category and then a total lbs moved within 5 minutes.  

49 minutes ago, Sam Ashen said:

Never change buddy. I wish I had a memory like this.

24 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

Would you guys want me to edit in a leaderboard at the end of the OP? For those who are going for heaviest weights or fastest time? 

No prizes or anything just fun for bragging rights. Maybe @Gainsdalf the Whey could hand out fun titles if you want to.

If I am so inspired... DANCE FOR ME MONKEYS!

Seriously though, I think the leaderboard is a great idea, top 5 for both for each gender I'd say. Something to come back to and quote should we do this again.

• Like 5

Had to use the weight set I got at home for a total of 57kg including the bar. (Is one of those "this is the year I get fit" sleevless bars).

Aimed for "beginner male"

2x10

1x12

Took me 3'28", short rest included.

There are some real strong folks around these parts...

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Curl Brogo said:

Umm... Maybe more like:

Plato was Greek

So am I and I can confirm that

1) Plato didn't speak in this way because this is modern Greek,

2) Even if he lived nowadays he wouldn't speak in this way because (while I understand what it says) it is not a valid sentence, and

3) Google translate would know what that says. 

:P 

I did the mini challenge today.

If I counted correctly it was

50kg x13,

50kg x8, (beginner finished at 19 reps)

50kg x3,

50kg x3

50kg x1 at 4:06. I needed 9 more reps for advanced but I would run out of time and my back started to feel tired. Opted for walking tomorrow.

Looking at the video I'm thinking that maybe I should have kept going but meh...

Spoiler

• Like 8