Warrior Mini Challenge #2: Tons of Deadlifts

8 hours ago, ArgSki77 said:

Tapping out on the max volume attempt since I was going to have to rearrange normal workout schedule to even try and Rurik blew this out of the water.

Thats probably a good idea, because you would blow my total away you don't want to throw off your programming. 

• Like 3
8 hours ago, ArgSki77 said:

Tapping out on the max volume attempt since I was going to have to rearrange normal workout schedule to even try and Rurik blew this out of the water.

14 minutes ago, Broba Fett said:

Thats probably a good idea, because you would blow my total away you don't want to throw off your programming. 

I get to hide behind Miss Broki won't let me play anymore. :(

A vow has been been made! 

Because the lady @Emerald_Dragonfly has been too ill to lift until recently, I promised to do the the mini challenge in her good name! The vitality of which will surely infuse her gainz now that she is ready to start lifting again. I gave her the choice - if I should do deficit or not, to which the fair lady responded: "Then deficit the f* out of that s*"

So it has been declared, and so it became! FOR EMERALD!!!

zU4zPOJl.jpg?1

Time kept by Lou. I paused after 20 and 40 reps, then he stopped me after 60 and paced me through the rest. 

2000# at 30sec

4000# at 1:12

6000# at 2:03

8000# at 3:29

10000# at 4:53

Apparently the hyper speed camera on my new phone condensed 5 minutes into 9 seconds. If I want to time lapse in the future I'll have to use another app to maybe make that not so crazy and see more details. Looks (and feels) like form held with touch and go, though I did have to repeat 1 rep for not hitting the floor.

• Like 10
15 hours ago, Laghail said:

Who even invited you? I was waiting for flex to roll up with 15k in volume, then I had this plan to drop 20k like a mic at a bar mitzvah, bitch-ass preteens; but 23.655k??

Well done, way to represent the rangers. 

I had like five notifications from people tagging me to take this thing on the other day!  All I did was follow through with their demands, haha.

And it was horrible.  My back is still tight!

13 hours ago, Steph__lifts said:

Wouldn't like to be in the gym with you when you are in the mood. Holy cow.

I can be terrifying or a thing of beauty. Depends on the circumstances (and the workout).  ;)

• Like 4

I have done this thing. Not gonna even try to make a dent in the leaderboards given the superhuman performances you lunatics have put up.

Reps were at 185lbs. Sets of 14, 10, and 9 to reach the 6000lb. mark at 2:28.

Couldn't be bothered to keep going for volume because I have the stamina of a drunken pregnant asthmatic walrus.

On a side note, this is the first time I've seen one of these and said "I must do this!" so props to @miss_marissa and/or whomever else was involved in its creation.

• Like 11
39 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

I did this.

150#x41 reps for #6150. Is also incidentally bodyweight.

This is the best video EVER. I love the honesty of the between sets fatigue, that look of FML. It's beautiful. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Flex Luthor said:

General reminder to all, this is not a competition. If you'd like to, knock yourselves out but for the newbies watching it's ok to not be the best :)

This goes for pretty much every mini-challenge. We want them to be accessible to everyone, challenging for the advanced lifters, and something everyone learns something from. It's a hard balance to strike. The biggest things we want to encourage are community participation/bonding and learning something about yourself or lifting.

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Flex Luthor said:

General reminder to all, this is not a competition. If you'd like to, knock yourselves out but for the newbies watching it's ok to not be the best :)

22 minutes ago, Gainsdalf the Whey said:

The biggest things we want to encourage are community participation/bonding and learning something about yourself or lifting.

You guys made me smile today, thank you :) Hearts to all the teammates:

FsTE42W.gif

• Like 7
On 3/4/2017 at 0:47 PM, calanthrophy said:

I have done this thing. Not gonna even try to make a dent in the leaderboards given the superhuman performances you lunatics have put up.

Reps were at 185lbs. Sets of 14, 10, and 9 to reach the 6000lb. mark at 2:28.

Couldn't be bothered to keep going for volume because I have the stamina of a drunken pregnant asthmatic walrus.

On a side note, this is the first time I've seen one of these and said "I must do this!" so props to @miss_marissa and/or whomever else was involved in its creation.

Yay!!! I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

• Like 2
On 3/3/2017 at 6:44 PM, Rurik Harrgath said:

I had like five notifications from people tagging me to take this thing on the other day!  All I did was follow through with their demands, haha.

And it was horrible.  My back is still tight!

I can be terrifying or a thing of beauty. Depends on the circumstances (and the workout).  ;)

Like your "bro" bench session?  Only one plate on the bar...  

Image result for so disappointing

18 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

You can almost tell my thought process too.

"ok Marissa. 4 touch n go reps and then a breather."

*does 1 rep*

"fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck"

This was EXACTLY how I was thinking throughout the whole thing. If I could have figured out how to speed my video up I would have posted the full version including me looking at the timer at the top of my video going, "oh for fucks sake I can only rest for 10 seconds". Plus my breathing was much worse than yours in between! Congrats on 41 BW deadlifts, I am "lucky" that my BW is much more so my reps were at more like ~60% BW. I would have died much earlier at BW :)

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Steph__lifts said:

This was EXACTLY how I was thinking throughout the whole thing. If I could have figured out how to speed my video up I would have posted the full version including me looking at the timer at the top of my video going, "oh for fucks sake I can only rest for 10 seconds". Plus my breathing was much worse than yours in between! Congrats on 41 BW deadlifts, I am "lucky" that my BW is much more so my reps were at more like ~60% BW. I would have died much earlier at BW :)

There is def a free app for this that Lou told me about after we saw how stupid my time lapse looked LOL I don't remember the name, but I'll ask him again tonight. I think you just open your video and set the fast forward speed, sane and done. Tme lapse is hilarious and who needs to see someone DL for 5 mins straight? XD

• Like 4