• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ChirpyBird

Fiber on Paleo?

Hi guys! I've looked up some ways to get enough fiber when on the Paleo diet, but was hoping to hear right from you. What do you do to get enough fiber each day? Recipe and snack ideas are greatly appreciated!

Mainly what I  do is try and have veggies with every meal. Easy things for veggies that I do are to have those washed pre- packaged greens. I can add them to eggs, or saute with a bit of oil or if I'm in a big hurry just throw them in the microwave for 20 seconds. I roast a bunch of veggies too, and just eat them all week. And I make a big salad and eat it for several days.

• Like 1

Definitely vegetables. I try to get at least 60% of my food by volume, not calories, from vegetables. Combine that with some fruit, nuts, and seeds and I end up almost getting around 250% of my DRI in fiber daily. Personally, I love broccoli and it's really cheap to get frozen here so I go through a lot of it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Orion Antares said:

Definitely vegetables. I try to get at least 60% of my food by volume, not calories, from vegetables. Combine that with some fruit, nuts, and seeds and I end up almost getting around 250% of my DRI in fiber daily. Personally, I love broccoli and it's really cheap to get frozen here so I go through a lot of it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I hate cooked vegetables, but yeah, I guess I could eat a bunch of raw veggies on the side, and as snacks. Just so blah/bland/boring for me, as I crave some delicious flavor.

2 hours ago, ChirpyBird said:

I hate cooked vegetables, but yeah, I guess I could eat a bunch of raw veggies on the side, and as snacks. Just so blah/bland/boring for me, as I crave some delicious flavor.

Maybe try your veggies cooked different ways, and see if you find a way you like them

This site has lots of great veggie recipes http://nomnompaleo.com/

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, calanthrophy said:

If you're eating Paleo and don't like veggies, you're in for a lot of disappointment. That's meant to be the majority of your food intake.

I said I don't like cooked veggies. :) I love raw ones. I've been doing paleo for a week and a half now and love the recipes I've tried. It's making me learn new things, like cauliflower mashed potatoes. I was specifically asking for things high in fiber that I can eat, and mentioned I don't like cooked veggies.