What are some things I can do to level up my:

• Constitution (CON) - ability to resist damage and disease
  • Charisma (CHA) - force of personality and physical attractiveness

Thanks for the suggestions!

What are some things I can do to level up my:

• Constitution (CON) - ability to resist damage and disease
  • Charisma (CHA) - force of personality and physical attractiveness

Thanks for the suggestions!

For Charisma, Try reading "How to Win Friends and Influence People" Smile at everybody. Talk to everbody.

Constitution is tough. Drink milk? 

1 person likes this

32 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

For Charisma, Try reading "How to Win Friends and Influence People" Smile at everybody. Talk to everbody.

Constitution is tough. Drink milk? 

hehe Well I'm on the Paleo diet, so no dairy for me! 

I do smile at a ton of people, but have issues making eye contact. It unnerves me for some reason. I've been told I might have social phobia, which makes a ton of sense looking at how I react in social situations (and how I do almost anything to avoid them). Maybe I'll look into ideas on how to fix that!

NF got away from the "Assign stat points" thing a while back, but when it was rolling Constitution scores usually were increased/referred to diet habit changes.  Sticking to a certain eating style, counting calories regularly, hitting particular macro goals, etc.  And Charisma goals were usually about preparing for work presentations, making sure you went out once or twice a challenge, hosting a gathering, contacting people.

Sometimes I miss the stat points I had given myself ages ago.  Wish I had saved them somewhere so I could have them to document things.

1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, RisenPhoenix said:

NF got away from the "Assign stat points" thing a while back, but when it was rolling Constitution scores usually were increased/referred to diet habit changes.  Sticking to a certain eating style, counting calories regularly, hitting particular macro goals, etc.  And Charisma goals were usually about preparing for work presentations, making sure you went out once or twice a challenge, hosting a gathering, contacting people.

Sometimes I miss the stat points I had given myself ages ago.  Wish I had saved them somewhere so I could have them to document things.

I love assigning stat points, so I'm going to keep doing it for sure, just for me. These are great suggestions, thank you so much!

22 minutes ago, ChirpyBird said:

I do smile at a ton of people, but have issues making eye contact. It unnerves me for some reason. I've been told I might have social phobia, which makes a ton of sense looking at how I react in social situations (and how I do almost anything to avoid them). Maybe I'll look into ideas on how to fix that!

When you want something social interaction becomes easy. Haircut, phone call, going to the store. But there's this weird thing when you talk to people just to talk to people. Suddenly the conversation has no direction. But you do in fact want something. You want to get to know them. To talk to people successfully you have to care about their feelings and who they are. That makes eye contact easy. Try finding the beauty(or pain which is also beauty) in every person you meet. Make that a goal of the conversation. 

Have you always avoided social interaction?

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

When you want something social interaction becomes easy. Haircut, phone call, going to the store. But there's this weird thing when you talk to people just to talk to people. Suddenly the conversation has no direction. But you do in fact want something. You want to get to know them. To talk to people successfully you have to care about their feelings and who they are. That makes eye contact easy. Try finding the beauty(or pain which is also beauty) in every person you meet. Make that a goal of the conversation. 

Have you always avoided social interaction?

Yep. Grew up in the middle of nowhere, only had my little brother (four years younger) for company until I was in middle school. My mother (love her to death, but oh, boy) refused to allow sleepovers at our house, or for us to go to any. She has a lot of fears, and that unfortunately fell through to how we were raised. She showed us people who died on roller coasters so we never wanted to go on them (guess who's afraid of heights now?), wouldn't let us have friends over as we "lived too far away and if a kid got hurt on the property they'd sue us", etc, etc. I was a loner ever since elementary school, never interacted much with other, outgoing, rambunctious children, and got labeled as a nerd and a freak and someone to pick on early on. Take that all the way until I graduated high school, and you've got one heck of a woman who doesn't like being around people. Even in high school, my friends were the same as me, and any time we'd hang out it would just be to play a video game or watch a movie, no parties. No dances. Now I just want to stay at home and read and game and spend time with my husband and dog and not much more. It isn't that I don't care about other people, it's just that being out in large groups for a long period of time drains me very quickly (I have to go through what I call "recharge" periods after a party or a show, which can last days) and makes me want to leave sooner and sooner. I can't stand small talk, and prefer to just listen, but many people don't understand that and take it as I'm stuck up and don't want to talk to them. So yeah, I just stay home. :P 

I can understand that l. I am naturally an introvert myself. Grew up in similar settings, though my patents were open to me having friends, I was just a weirdo. But, I've put myself in harms way, first in retail and now in sales. I still dont like large groups, but I also have to fight an attitude that assumes my time is more valuable than the person I'm talking to and thus the conversation is a drag. Or that said person isn't valuable enough in the first place. You can get better at CHA. I did and still am. It's tough, but it is doable.

1 person likes this