Hi, I'm Steph. I just joined the academy as I simply can't do this on my own. My relationship with food and myself is horrendous and needs fixing - so I thought I would start a thread to be accountable.

Following the mindset module in the academy here are the first things I've been considering:

I was trying to write my why statement and started writing words to help me construct it, the list of words is this: embarrassed, ugly, tired, bad role model, weak, unhealthy, PCOS, diabetes, heart disease, stroke, migraines, lazy. So yeah.. that's super positive... I don't have diabetes, heart disease and I haven't had a stroke, but my Dad did at 57 (which he was not expected to live through, but made a miraculous recovery and made it to a medical journal). 

WHY Statement

• I am embarrassed to get up each morning and get dressed in clothes that fit me extremely poorly and don't look good.
  • I don't present a good role model to my daughter (who is 2 today), I don't present a confident, beautiful, happy wife to my husband, and I don't present a professional woman to my workplace.
  • I am always tired, and I often fall asleep on the sofa in the evenings which isn't making the most of the time I have with my husband and doesn't give me time to keep our house clean and tidy.
  • My training is sporadic and does not allow me to meet my lifting goals. It also neglects other aspects of functional fitness that I would like to posses - being able to run, being flexible, being able to do things without pain.
  • My nutrition is beyond terrible and is resulting in weight gain, and a worsening of PCOS symptoms.
  • At some point I would like to get pregnant again, but this won't happen if I continue down this path.
  • My health WILL deteriorate if nothing changes. So something must.

Goal Setting: My future self

• I am someone who cooks healthy meals for my family, and has a selection of pre-made foods in the freezer for when time is tight
  • I am someone who is "functionally fit" and can try out any exercise/class/sport without fear
  • I am someone who strength trains 3 - 4 times a week and can squat 100kg, deadlift 120kg and bench press 60kg
  • I am someone who has their PCOS under control through diet and exercise
  • I am someone who wears a UK size 12
  • I am someone who goes for walks at the weekend with her family

Healthy Loot ideas

• Weightlifting belt
  • Knee sleeves
  • Fractional plates
  • New gym towel
  • New tikiboo workout leggings
  • New yoga mat
  • New charm for my charm bracelet

Next steps

• Setting up mini quests to achieve the big goals above
  • Taking starting pictures and measurements
  • Reducing sugar in my diet

Today I tried out my first warrior challenge - volume deadlifts in 5 minutes. Was a success and I got the advanced female total, but now I am exhausted!

Also managed to knock out a few of the quests that I strangely haven't done before - rowing 500m on the machine, some plyo jumps

I also designed a little log book that I can carry around with me to log my food/ exercise/ mobility work and todo list, as well as a habit tracker and a weight/measurement tracker.

It should be arriving tomorrow, which is good for me as I like to physically write stuff down and it means I don't have to log my food into MFP which tends to bring out starve/binge cycles.

Today is the start of my sugar reduction - essentially I will not be eating "sweets" like chocolate, cake, desserts, that type of thing. I'm not eliminating sugar as I'll still be eating fruits and some processed foods that contain sugar. This is the first step of many to getting a better nutrition mindset, but it's the most major one I need to overcome.

Over the next few days my aims are to:

• Setting up mini quests to achieve the big goals above
  • Taking starting pictures and measurements
  • Consider the next thing to change about nutrition (will most likely be drink less caffeine or change my breakfast to a more low carb meal)
  • Start logging everything I eat in my logbook (not necessarily with any kind of measurements)