The Daily Dare Rises! [Mar 12 - Apr 15]

I've had a couple months away from it, but lately I've started hearing the siren's song that is the Daily Dare.

Plus I've never hit titanium and my last attempt was one point short. So oh yes, IT'S ON!!!

Round 10 of our PVP using the Daily Dares at Darebee.com will start SUNDAY MARCH 12.

All are welcome.  Every day, they post a bodyweight exercise challenge no equipment needed, every day.  Sometimes they're easy, sometimes they're not.

Every day there are two levels of difficulty.  1)  just get it done, over the course of the day, and 2) Extra Credit (EC,) which usually means all in one shot.  

Either do one or the other.  You get either 1 or 2 points per day, no more.

Miss the day (in your time zone) and you miss the points.  Need a variation?  Not a problem, but no points for you.

This is an open PVP, so anyone can join at any time. It's a great way to try out a bunch of different bodyweight exercises, and after 2 times through, I've personally found a bunch of new exercises based on what's been really hard.

If you decide to join, declare what rank you're aiming for and sign up on this spreadsheet. Then, just keep track of how many dares you complete throughout the challenge.

If you're not sure about what counts for the dare or extra credit, post here and we'll rule by what seems to make sense to the most of us. Some days you might not be able to do an exercise, and that's ok!  If you like, try modifying or scaling the dare to something you can do. I've added a new column where you can keep track of dares you've modified and completed. The modified dares don't "count' toward "official" totals, but we can still reward you with creative titles if you like. Sometimes Darebee likes to be cute and offer extra extra credit. That's cool...go for it, we'll all be impressed. Let's keep it simple and leave those out of our calculations.

The person with the most points at the end of the challenge will be declared the Daredevil! (other titles are available, inquire within.)

Leaderboard

Round 9: Alcnedlor  (60 points)

Round 8: JonFirestar (61 points)

Round 7: Xena (59 points)

Round 6: Xena (54 points)

Round 5: Zeroh (48 points)

Round 4:  Rocketbikeninja (62 points)

Round 3 (Tie):  Rocketbikeninja and mom2sjm (64 points) 

Round 2:  Rocketbikeninja (67 points) - May 2016 Challenge

Round 1:  Geek On Fire (53 points) - April 2016 Challenge

Ranks

Titanium: 60 points (30 days of dares + 30 days of extra credit)

Gold: 45 points 

Silver: 30 points 

Bronze: 15 points

Custom: A custom goal of your choice. Just make sure to state your specific target in the spreadsheet.  

We're starting the PVP in Week 0, but you should be able to achieve all but the highest of these ranks even if you don't join us until Week 1.

• Like 5

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

18 hours ago, Katrin Josephina Morag said:

I'm IN! Going for gold this time.

9 hours ago, Arcalia said:

Woo-hoo.  I'm in. Gotta keep that gold status.

7 hours ago, Akari said:

I'm in too. (Someone remember me please when it starts)

Yay!! So happy to see you all. Akari, I'll do my best to remind you :-)

• Like 2

Oct/Nov 2016

I was thinking about this when I was in the gym yesterday. I really need to get back into it. I let it drop some time last challenge when I got a little overwhelmed. So I'm back in and I'm going for titanium! Because why not :D

• Like 4

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

1 hour ago, zeroh13 said:

Okay, so... Silver, maybe? I've been really good at trying the dares everyday, but I still have to modify/tweak quite a few of them because owww (if only my body would hurry up and finish recovering so I can actually do things).

Sounds great! Modifying is the way to go.

If we draw some new DD participants,would you help me in encouraging modifications? I don't want anyone to feel intimidated from trying this out. It would be great to have people on this thread trying dares at all different levels of difficulty.

• Like 4

Oct/Nov 2016

8 hours ago, NucleotidalWave said:

New to this thing! So Bronze I assume?

Today's is a good example. 2 minute tricep dip hold. I haven't tried this, but I'm guessing I wouldn't be able to do it all at once (I would try!!!). But I think most people who have two arms and no injuries would be able to do the "regular" version. Break it up into as many sets as you want. Seriously...no rules about how to break it up. You can literally:

do 10 seconds, eat some cereal, do 10 more seconds, put in a load of laundry, 15 seconds, make a phone call....etc.

Anyone can do that, you just have to want to do it :-)

• Like 2

Oct/Nov 2016

3 hours ago, Xena said:

Sounds great! Modifying is the way to go.

If we draw some new DD participants,would you help me in encouraging modifications? I don't want anyone to feel intimidated from trying this out. It would be great to have people on this thread trying dares at all different levels of difficulty.

Yeah. I can definitely share the modifications I end up doing. And if anyone wants ideas, I'd be happy to give some input.

• Like 3

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

15 hours ago, Xena said:

Yes! Bring it!!

giphy.gif

• Like 2

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

Yeah, I'm in. Don't want to get overwhelmed with this so just gonna go for bronze and have fun with it :) .

• Like 4

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 16  -  CON: 22  -  CHA: 9  -  SAN: 19 -  INT: 17

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Downtime

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70 71

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

7 hours ago, Jarric said:

Yeah, I'm in. Don't want to get overwhelmed with this so just gonna go for bronze and have fun with it :) .

Awesome! And yeah, I know what you mean. I was getting a little too wrapped up in a it a couple months ago and needed a break.

4 hours ago, Magicman said:

I'm in. I'll shoot for Titanium, because why the hell not?

Also awesome!

I narrowly missed titanium one or two times just because I got inexplicably lazy in the last week. I don't know what the hell was up with that, but it's not happening this time. Not sure I can hit it, but it won't be for lack of trying.

• Like 4

Oct/Nov 2016

17 hours ago, Xena said:

I narrowly missed titanium one or two times just because I got inexplicably lazy in the last week. I don't know what the hell was up with that, but it's not happening this time. Not sure I can hit it, but it won't be for lack of trying.

Hitting titaniam has a lot to do the luck of the draw. The month I hit it the exercises were all things I could do, some were very challenging but I could do them. The very next month there were so many things that I simply couldn't make my body do, it just goes that way sometimes. But you won't even get close if you don't put the consistent work in to hit the exercises.

• Like 4

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

On 3/9/2017 at 2:33 PM, jonfirestar said:

Hitting titaniam has a lot to do the luck of the draw. The month I hit it the exercises were all things I could do, some were very challenging but I could do them. The very next month there were so many things that I simply couldn't make my body do, it just goes that way sometimes. But you won't even get close if you don't put the consistent work in to hit the exercises.

Yup...you are very right. I'm going to work it into my next challenge somehow. I'll aim to attempt each dare (modifying if needed) and setting some minimum number of dares attempted as a win.

On 3/9/2017 at 4:54 PM, Elastigirl said:

I'm in. Going for silver this time.

Yay!

20 hours ago, tourennatrix said:

Manic brain is telling me to go for it... I hope this doesn't backfire >.< 

...I'll sign up, and I'm following the thread so that'll remind me to check in. But NO GUILT FOR BACKING DOWN IF NEEDED. You hear me, self? No guilt!

That should do it...

It's a no guilt zone around here. Just do what you can. And if it stops feeling fun it's ok to drop out for a while.

5 hours ago, ladylydia said:

Yeah, ok, I'll try it. 

I honestly feel like the daily dare is kind of perfect for you.

• Like 3

Oct/Nov 2016

What if the daily dare is already in the workout I have planned to do? For example, the DD is 50 sit-ups but the workout I already set up to do on that day has 50 sit-ups incorporated. Is it "cheating" if I count doing something I was already planning on doing?

I mean, you won't know unless you stalk my daily log.

• Like 1

Adventurous Druid Ranger

Pain is inevitable, suffering is a choice.

Current Challenge: Sober September, and probably longer.

14 hours ago, NucleotidalWave said:

What if the daily dare is already in the workout I have planned to do? For example, the DD is 50 sit-ups but the workout I already set up to do on that day has 50 sit-ups incorporated. Is it "cheating" if I count doing something I was already planning on doing?

As the self-appointed Tzarina of the daily dare, I would say that's completely fine. It's not like some of the mini-challenges where you aren't supposed to double up.

• Like 1

Oct/Nov 2016

16 hours ago, NucleotidalWave said:

I've done this before. There's also been quite a few times where I add the dare into my workout. Sometimes that's what you need to do to get it done.

• Like 3

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!