The Daily Dare Rises! [Mar 12 - Apr 15]

Done with EC. I did the video  version, as I didn't quite get the gif  version. Oddly, my legs complained more than my shoulders.

• Like 3

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

2 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Done with EC. I did the video  version, as I didn't quite get the gif  version. Oddly, my legs complained more than my shoulders.

Same. It was the legs and the core rather than the arms, though my upper body may twisted to help.

• Like 1

they / them  |  half-orc paladin ( oath of the watcher )   --   lv 0

Challenge 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20Battle Log ~ Epic Quest

On 3/22/2017 at 7:04 PM, zeroh13 said:

Bridges with EC. My wrists complained the most. And I found both versions really awkward...

I need to figure out a good way to modify tomorrow's dare... I think my leg will appreciate it. Plus I'm sick. :(

Edit: tomorrow is 100 jumping jacks

Did you figure out a modifier? You can do them low impact by just stepping out to one side. But if your ankle is really bothering you, I imagine you could do them sitting and just do the arms.

Yesterday...bridge things with EC. I have a lot of tightness on one side of my upper back, so I mostly felt it there. It wasn't exactly bad though. Kind of a stretch

Today Jumping jacks with EC

Tomorrow....I've never tried one-legged pushups. In the past whenever they come up, I just skip the day. WELL NOT THIS TIME!! I'm at least gonna try them. And if I can't do them I'll do something else. But seriously, I have heard others say the one-legged pushups are actually easier than standard pushups. We shall see...

@jonfirestar I'm sorry you did that weird awkward bridge thing, but glad you got through it!

• Like 2

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

giphy.gif

I still mostly do elevated push ups at xfit because there are usually so many in a WOD but when push comes to shove I can do a strict set of 3-5 push ups.  Knowing this, for sure to do 30 strict with one leg raised, I will have to break them into smaller sets.  But that's okay.  It's still a point!  10 down, 20 to go!  Complete!!

• Like 3

mom2sjm
Rock Gnome Rebel

Level 28

current challenge

15 hours ago, Xena said:

Did you figure out a modifier? You can do them low impact by just stepping out to one side. But if your ankle is really bothering you, I imagine you could do them sitting and just do the arms.

I did the side step thing.

The fracture was near my knee, so with things like squats and lunges I I have to be really mindful of my knee. For things involving jumps, doing them is really hit or miss. I don't know how well I can explain this, but I can feel the impact along the bone and it'll range from uncomfortable to omg ow. It doesn't happen all the time now, but enough to be like, hey be careful! I was already pretty miserable/tired from my cold so yesterday I was just being extra safe.

For the push ups this morning I did them elevated.

• Like 1

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

Reverse angels. Done, finally one I could get ec on... harder than expected.

But yesterday's pushups I kept putting off till later... until my visiting friend left and I remembered... 2am. A bit too late. Shame.

But today's angels I did with 9mins to spare. Booyaah.

---

"Travel lightly, for what you bring with you becomes part of your landscape." -Anne Bishop

• Like 1

Katrin the Morag Lvl 22 Cadet, half klingon, c-licensed trainer, mother of two, gaming nerd

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

3 hours ago, Katrin the Morag said:

Reverse angels. Done, finally one I could get ec on... harder than expected.

But yesterday's pushups I kept putting off till later... until my visiting friend left and I remembered... 2am. A bit too late. Shame.

But today's angels I did with 9mins to spare. Booyaah.

Good job!! I had to modify the pushups.

Today i did the angels, but had to break them into 2 sets. I think with practice I could do 50 in a set.

• Like 2

Oct/Nov 2016

I approached the angels thinking they were gonna be so easy because I've done so many snow angels, but keeping my arms sort of in the air to do them burned so much.

• Like 2

they / them  |  half-orc paladin ( oath of the watcher )   --   lv 0

Challenge 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20Battle Log ~ Epic Quest

I had decided to not do the reverse crunches today.... than I read on here, and felt silly, got back up and went and did them. EC too. Accountability for the win!

---

"Travel lightly, for what you bring with you becomes part of your landscape." -Anne Bishop

• Like 2

Katrin the Morag Lvl 22 Cadet, half klingon, c-licensed trainer, mother of two, gaming nerd

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

What do you guys think about the get-ups? The text on the dare doesn't specify whether to alternate or not. Often they tell you to do all of one side first (that's the way it looks in the gif, but that is also easier to animate). The video shows alternating. I think alternating is a better exercise (because it forces you to do a complete motion...on the other hand, you get a little rest while you are switching sides). Do you guys think it's fair to alternate? I would be ok with people doing either version.

• Like 2

Oct/Nov 2016