The Daily Dare Rises! [Mar 12 - Apr 15]

All on one side felt awkward, and put too much pressure on my wrist. So I did it alternating, with EC. Alternating just feels better to me.

If you keep up the speed (like in the video) you don't really get a "rest", it becomes pretty good cardio.

Since the description didn't say one way or the other, I think it's really up to the individual which they want to do. 

• Like 1

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

3 minutes ago, ladylydia said:

I'm used to actually getting up with "get ups"  are we really supposed to just go half way? Or am I reading that diagram wrong?

Here's the video showing what Darebee means by get-ups:

I'm not familiar with any other type of get-ups, but a quick Google search shows that there's something called Turkish get-ups that you do with a kettlebell or dumbbell, and it looks like sometimes that name is just shortened to get-ups. So, basically it's a different exercise that is somewhat similar? (I know nothing about CrossFit or using weights or anything like that, so if someone more knowledgeable wants to chip in...)

• Like 2

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

1 hour ago, zeroh13 said:

I'm not familiar with any other type of get-ups, but a quick Google search shows that there's something called Turkish get-ups that you do with a kettlebell or dumbbell, and it looks like sometimes that name is just shortened to get-ups. So, basically it's a different exercise that is somewhat similar? (I know nothing about CrossFit or using weights or anything like that, so if someone more knowledgeable wants to chip in...)

This is essentially 1/2 of a Turkish get up. In the true get up you'd be holding a weight on the raised arm and would go from flat on your back to a standing position, and you could reverse the movements back to lying on your back.

As I wrote this, I remember that we'd do them all on one side and then switch, making me wonder if that's what I should do tonight when I do these.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, mom2sjm said:

I did 20 on one side and then 20 on the other, but all 40 completed in one go.  There was an awkward leg kick switch move but I wouldn't say it gave me any "rest."  so unless I hear otherwise i'm counting it complete with EC.  if I have to do it over at least now I know which side is my good side.

4 hours ago, Magicman said:

This is essentially 1/2 of a Turkish get up. In the true get up you'd be holding a weight on the raised arm and would go from flat on your back to a standing position, and you could reverse the movements back to lying on your back.

As I wrote this, I remember that we'd do them all on one side and then switch, making me wonder if that's what I should do tonight when I do these.

I think either way is fine, especially since Darebee didn't specify. Mom2sjm, definitely count yours.

I switched between reps, (done with EC)

• Like 4

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

5 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

Single deadlifts done, no EC. I can do it balancing on my right leg, but I can only get up to four on my left leg. <_<

That's probably related to your injury, huh? Putting that aside, I think it's really cool to see our imbalances...that gives us a chance to even them out!

• Like 1

Oct/Nov 2016

On 4/1/2017 at 11:22 AM, Magicman said:

Those diver push ups hurt at the end, but I got them done with EC. Home stretch everyone!

I'm hoping this simple knee hug isn't the thing that wrecks my shot at Titanium.

I had to break up the diver pushups...I think I could have done 20 without stopping, but I was starting to get suspicious of my form. You should be all set for titanium as long as you keep doing them...you only have to get 60 out of 70 possible points.

I haven't updated in a few days...scorpions, knee holds and superman were all with EC. Dive-bombers done in 2 sets (no EC).

I think I scared my cat a little doing the supermans ;-)

• Like 5

Oct/Nov 2016

A small bit of bragging. I'm really proud of myself for doing the leg raises today with EC. This was the hardest one for me so far, in the sense that I REALLY wanted to stop, but worked through it :-)

Best kind of Dare, when they make you super miserable, but are still within reach...

• Like 5

Oct/Nov 2016

Did the leg raises with EC yesterday, and boy were my abs telling me about it today. Which is partly why side planks didn't happen with EC. I really need to do side planks more often.

• Like 3

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Did the reverse pushups with EC. Really excited, I haven't done those in a long time, but my wrists were actually strong enough to still do them!

• Like 3

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

2 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Did the reverse pushups with EC. Really excited, I haven't done those in a long time, but my wrists were actually strong enough to still do them!

WOW!! SO impressed. Last time I couldn't do them at all. I'm kind of doubtful, but I'll at least give it a try.

I couldn't get the EC on the sideplanks either. I could only get up to about 1:20 for the  first set on each side. Seems like it could be possible some day in the future though.

• Like 2

Oct/Nov 2016