The Daily Dare Rises! [Mar 12 - Apr 15]

Can someone put 2 points for me into the spread sheet. 1 for today and 1 for yesterday. I don't have the best internet atm.

Done.

But you weren't in the list, so I added you, and I couldn't find what you're aiMing for, so I left that blank.

And for myself I would like to know how often we should post in here, because I did do the climber taps /w EC, and yesterday's toe tap hops (soooo very much no EC: 15sec burst) both in their respective days, but didn't get around to post in here until just now.

---

"Travel lightly, for what you bring with you becomes part of your landscape." -Anne Bishop

Katrin the Morag Lvl 22 Cadet, half klingon, c-licensed trainer, mother of two, gaming nerd

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

4 hours ago, Katrin the Morag said:

And for myself I would like to know how often we should post in here, because I did do the climber taps /w EC, and yesterday's toe tap hops (soooo very much no EC: 15sec burst) both in their respective days, but didn't get around to post in here until just now.

Totally up to you. I aim for every couple of days.

• Like 1

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

Is it just me, or did the taps make the plank easier? It sort of gave me something to occupy myself and distract me from the fact that I was doing a plank. More EC

• Like 5

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

22 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

And anything that makes me count higher than 50.

I'm guessing you're loving today's dare then? :P 

Plank shoulder taps done with EC - these were brutal by the last 30 or so.

• Like 2

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 16  -  CON: 22  -  CHA: 9  -  SAN: 19 -  INT: 17

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Downtime

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70 71

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

6 hours ago, Katrin the Morag said:

Personally I like to try and post here with every dare I complete, but it's definitely not mandatory.

• Like 2

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 16  -  CON: 22  -  CHA: 9  -  SAN: 19 -  INT: 17

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Downtime

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70 71

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

Done with EC, so: boyahh. When the first couple of dares hit I thought: this is gonna be a biaaaaaaatch... but now I'm okay, I hope (I bet I'm gonna wish I kept my mouth shut when tomorrow's dare is revealed, any takers?)

:Happy dance of sunny Wednesdays:

---

"Travel lightly, for what you bring with you becomes part of your landscape." -Anne Bishop

Katrin the Morag Lvl 22 Cadet, half klingon, c-licensed trainer, mother of two, gaming nerd

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

8 hours ago, Katrin the Morag said:

Done.

But you weren't in the list, so I added you, and I couldn't find what you're aiMing for, so I left that blank.

Thanks. I aim for Gold.

Tried it now again but my mobile internet on laptop doesn't load the spreadsheet. And on phone I don't have excel.

• Like 1

Was wäre das Leben, hätten wir nicht den Mut, etwas zu riskieren. Vincent van Goch

Thanks. I aim for Gold.

Tried it now again but my mobile internet on laptop doesn't load the spreadsheet. And on phone I don't have excel.

I gotcha.

---

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

I would have killed one of my shoulders if I did 50 in a row on one side (right shoulder injury). So I alternated 1:1 until 100.

50 after the 1st set of my workout then 50 more after the 2nd set.

Yesterday I used the 2 min. Toe Tap Hops for a warm-up. Split into two 1 min sets though.

Adventurous Druid Ranger

Pain is inevitable, suffering is a choice.

Current Challenge: Sober September, and probably longer.

I would have killed one of my shoulders if I did 50 in a row on one side (right shoulder injury). So I alternated 1:1 until 100.

Yesterday I used the 2 min. Toe Tap Hops for a warm-up. Split into two 1 min sets though.

There's no shame in modifying, especially to account for an injury. Taking care of you is priority of course.

---

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

8 hours ago, Xena said:

Nope, you really have to do it that way (or else count it as modified)

Oops. I always end up getting confused when the dare says one thing and the video shows something else. But at least now I know that it's actually easier to do all one side and then switch.

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

8 hours ago, Katrin the Morag said:

Done with EC, so: boyahh. When the first couple of dares hit I thought: this is gonna be a biaaaaaaatch... but now I'm okay, I hope (I bet I'm gonna wish I kept my mouth shut when tomorrow's dare is revealed, any takers?)

Agreed! Exactly the same here :-)

5 hours ago, NucleotidalWave said:

Good job figuring out what works for you.

I personally think that the 50 at once is really stupid. It started to hurt my forearm toward the end. I think alternating would be a better core workout.

I don't know why I sucked so bad at the top tap hops. I couldn't do more than 20 seconds at a time. Maybe I was somehow making it harder than it needed to be??

Oct/Nov 2016

There's no shame in modifying, especially to account for an injury. Taking care of you is priority of course.

---

....awwww crud! The two minute clench-unclench. We had that one a couple months ago. It's doable, but you'll feel it. Just wait...

Sigh. Yeaaaahhhhhh..... saw that just now too. But sleep first. I had to jinx it.

:shakes head in good humor over herself:

---

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

17 minutes ago, tourennatrix said:

Wait last time they TOTALLY specified holding your hands above your head. This one doesn't. ... Easier? (Wishful thinking I'm sure!)

You are 100% right. I remember it eventually killed my forearms. No idea if different position will help. Since they don't specify, you should be able to move your arms around with this one...might help (??)

Oct/Nov 2016

2 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

Oops. I always end up getting confused when the dare says one thing and the video shows something else. But at least now I know that it's actually easier to do all one side and then switch.

Video? I don't see a video. I only see the picture.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27