The Daily Dare Rises! [Mar 12 - Apr 15]

I tried the reverse grip pushups (2 sets of 5) and almost gave myself credit, but I can't. They weren't full range of motion. Gotta count as modified.

That officially knocks me out of contention for titanium. Which means I'm going to skip tomorrow. I'm having some problems with my big toe joint, and I think hopping wouldn't be the best idea. As a radically different substitution, I'll give the side planks another try tomorrow.

• Like 1

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

1 hour ago, Xena said:

I tried the reverse grip pushups (2 sets of 5) and almost gave myself credit, but I can't. They weren't full range of motion. Gotta count as modified.

That officially knocks me out of contention for titanium. Which means I'm going to skip tomorrow. I'm having some problems with my big toe joint, and I think hopping wouldn't be the best idea. As a radically different substitution, I'll give the side planks another try tomorrow.

bummer on the titanium, but gold is still very impressive. 

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

So I missed a couple of days by accident but I am back at it. For the tree pose, I thought I'd do my non-dominant leg first to make life easier and ended up finding that my balance on my dominant side was much worse! I got it done with EC but if I had to go another 10 seconds I'd have failed on the right side.

Reverse push ups were weird, had to play around with hand placement until I could get my chest to the ground and then get started, so I probably did 5 freebies on my way to my actual set.

It's great seeing everyone's numbers and experiences with this, it's very motivating!

• Like 3
On ‎10‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 3:10 PM, Magicman said:

So I missed a couple of days by accident but I am back at it. For the tree pose, I thought I'd do my non-dominant leg first to make life easier and ended up finding that my balance on my dominant side was much worse! I got it done with EC but if I had to go another 10 seconds I'd have failed on the right side.

I find the same thing.

There was a conversation about this on here a while ago. I think someone suggested that if you are kicking or moving things with your feet you would use your dominant leg. Because if this you might then learn better balance strength on your non-dominant leg, as you would usually be standing on that one whilst manipulating things with the dominant leg. I think it's quite an interesting theory.

• Like 1

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 16  -  CON: 22  -  CHA: 9  -  SAN: 19 -  INT: 17

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Downtime

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70 71

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

Wow.  That side V-up thing really killed my back.  

7-things-you-should-stop-doing-now-if-yo

The back was not part of the muscles highlighted in the "muscles worked" drawing so I'm thinking I did something weird.  I felt like I was doing them correctly but who knows what I looked like.  Definitely did not get them done with EC but I did get them done.  Awkwardly apparently.

mom2sjm
Rock Gnome Rebel

Level 28

current challenge

1 hour ago, mom2sjm said:

Wow.  That side V-up thing really killed my back.  

7-things-you-should-stop-doing-now-if-yo

The back was not part of the muscles highlighted in the "muscles worked" drawing so I'm thinking I did something weird.  I felt like I was doing them correctly but who knows what I looked like.  Definitely did not get them done with EC but I did get them done.  Awkwardly apparently.

I found them awkward to do, wasn't really sure if I was doing them right. Didn't do EC either, as my back started to tighten.

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

I got the v-ups with EC (with a major struggle not to quit near the end), but only because they are part of "Ab ripper X" (P90X Ab video that I sometimes do with a friend). They are old "friends"

I did feel it a little in my back toward the end. I think that happens if you lean forward a little bit and aren't able to engage the obliques as well.

• Like 3

Oct/Nov 2016

I did do today's glute flex thingy with EC. I'm not dead yet, challenge, you here that? Not dead yet. Will check journal and log onto the spreadsheet tomorrow to update it, been quite a few days, since I been on it, but I did log everything in my journal, when I did it, if I did it.... sigh...

---

"Travel lightly, for what you bring with you becomes part of your landscape." -Anne Bishop

• Like 4

Katrin the Morag Lvl 22 Cadet, half klingon, c-licensed trainer, mother of two, gaming nerd

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

I'm a little confused about the glute flex. Were you guys able to actually get your knees and thighs off the floor? I was flexing, but not much moved.

Today (Saturday) is our last day. Get in your totals!!

Does anyone want to start another round (TOMORROW!!!)? I'm happy to set it up. Will probably take a day off from the actual dares though.

• Like 1

Oct/Nov 2016

29 minutes ago, Xena said:

I'm a little confused about the glute flex. Were you guys able to actually get your knees and thighs off the floor? I was flexing, but not much moved.

Does anyone want to start another round (TOMORROW!!!)? I'm happy to set it up. Will probably take a day off from the actual dares though.

I don't remember, but I don't think I was really paying attention to my thighs and knees either... I'll try to remember to try when I get home, I'm curious now.

I'm planning on sticking with the daily dares regardless. If there's another round I'll be there. If not, I'll just post how I'm doing in my log.

• Like 4

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

I finally got around to tallying up my analog notes and putting them in the spreadsheet. WOOOT 20+10EC=Silver. Never had so many points before. But considering how many days inbetween I didn't do them... there is definitely room for improvement there...

Anyway. Looking forward to doing more of these with ya'all.

• Like 2

Katrin the Morag Lvl 22 Cadet, half klingon, c-licensed trainer, mother of two, gaming nerd

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

On 4/15/2017 at 9:33 AM, zeroh13 said:

I don't remember, but I don't think I was really paying attention to my thighs and knees either... I'll try to remember to try when I get home, I'm curious now.

I did remember to do the glute flex! I just forgot to post the results...

So, I was able to consistantly get my knees and about half way up my thighs off the ground. That was with my knees much closer together than in the animation. With heels together and knees apart, I could lift a bit less, but that's mostly because it hurt without a mat. I think it's more of a flex and pull forward and up (tilt?) movement to get that lift. I think Darebee described it as lifting your buttocks as high as you can.

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

On 4/15/2017 at 7:57 AM, Xena said:

I fell out of this a bit half way through.  So I'd like another round to redeem myself. 

• Like 1

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Str- 18, Dex-12, Sta-10, Con-23, Wis-88, Cha-47

"Not all who wander are lost."

"We Shall Not Practice Fear"

Current Battlelog

4 hours ago, ladylydia said:

I fell out of this a bit half way through.  So I'd like another round to redeem myself. 

I was thinking exactly the same thing!

• Like 1

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 16  -  CON: 22  -  CHA: 9  -  SAN: 19 -  INT: 17

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Downtime

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70 71

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up