Ye Middle Aged Ranger Guilde Hall: General Chatter

Rangers, week 1 is done and now we face week 2. These weeks come at us and try to get us to stop working on ourselves, to believe we are not worth being healthy, anything to get us to stop. And week 1 came at me and I got sick the first day. I did one twenty minute yoga session the whole week, and no other workouts. I abandoned my eating goals and ate what didn't make me sick. By traditional measures, week 1 got me. But I was not defeated. I chose how I responded to week 1, and I accepted that I was sick, made getting well the priority, shifted my tactics, and I am well. I did not give up, I adapted. This is not to praise myself, but rather to give hope. No matter what week 2 throws at us, we will not be defeated because we will choose to win. When the outcome is decided ahead of time, all that's left is to figure out how that victory is going to be achieved. We may have to adapt, we may have to change things around, we may have to search inside of ourselves and learn some things, but decide with me, here and now, that week 2 is defeated before it leaves the gate. Whatever is thrown at us, we will endure, we will adapt, and we will overcome. 

My brothers and sisters, we are the Rebellion, and what's more, we are the Rebellion's Ranger Corps! We have harnessed the power of RangerBrain and focused it, making it a power for good, strengthening ourselves, speeding up, becoming more agile, becoming mentally tougher, so that whatever is thrown at us, we will be victorious. To paraphrase A. A. Milne, Adaptation is what Rangers do best!

The wonderful thing about Rangers

Is Rangers are wonderful things,

Their bodies are turned into wonders,

Their brains want to do all the things!

They're strong and fast and bendy and fun fun fun fun fun!

But the most wonderful thing about Rangers is 

You're never the only one!

• Like 21

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

The third their should be a they're oh god I'm so sorry *runs*

*but first cooks up a big vat of chicken soup and puts a bunch of blankets in the dryer to warm them up for all the sick rangers lately!!!!!!!*

• Like 9

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 56 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

8 minutes ago, shaar said:

The third their should be a they're oh god I'm so sorry *runs*

*but first cooks up a big vat of chicken soup and puts a bunch of blankets in the dryer to warm them up for all the sick rangers lately!!!!!!!*

Thank's for the catch, fixed!

• Like 3

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

21 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Thank's for the catch, fixed!

Spoiler

tumblr_o7eozm3MWa1uedkeno3_1280.gif

• Like 1

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 56 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

As the Chaplain finishes another epic and inspiring speech, Rhovaniel gets up from her seat in the corner, where she's been studying hard and having to ignore most other things for a week. The essay is done, and she stretches stiff, underused muscles and makes her way to the bar for something cold and refreshing. Many more hours of studying lie before her, but for now at least, some semblance of balance is restored!

Great Battle speech, Tank. I'm so sorry you were sick, but the way you dealt with it was just as awesome as ever. I love the idea of the outcome already being decided. All we need to do is decide how to get there! Btw... mind if I add you into my narrative? 

Hope everyone's having a great challenge so far :) 

• Like 10

"What does your heart tell you?" - Aragorn

Epic Quest: In the Footsteps of the Dúnedain: Aragorn's Journey

Current Challenge:   https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/120325-rhovaniel-stronger-wiser-healing/

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728

Another great speech Tank. Having been a member of the Rebellion for a while now, something I've learned is that life always happens. You make plans and goals, and then life throws a wrench in the works. Best idea is to adapt, and go with the flow. This week we are re-doing our bathroom. Life will be more chaotic than normal, and I may or may not get all my works out in, and food may not be as good as normal. But I've bought some  pre-washed greens and coleslaw mix, and I'll throw some meat in the crockpot, so we  will have some quick easy food.

And I think the Tigger Ranger song needs to be our new theme song. It makes me so happy. I sing whenever I do static holds, and now I have a new song to sing.

• Like 11

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

12 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

And week 1 came at me and I got sick the first day. I did one twenty minute yoga session the whole week, and no other workouts. I abandoned my eating goals and ate what didn't make me sick. By traditional measures, week 1 got me. But I was not defeated. I chose how I responded to week 1, and I accepted that I was sick, made getting well the priority, shifted my tactics, and I am well. I did not give up, I adapted. This is not to praise myself, but rather to give hope. No matter what week 2 throws at us, we will not be defeated because we will choose to win. When the outcome is decided ahead of time, all that's left is to figure out how that victory is going to be achieved. We may have to adapt, we may have to change things around, we may have to search inside of ourselves and learn some things, but decide with me, here and now, that week 2 is defeated before it leaves the gate. Whatever is thrown at us, we will endure, we will adapt, and we will overcome. 

Awesome job you, and excellent speech, as always :) 

• Like 4

The out of place Jedi returns to the tavern looking bedraggled, but also invigorated.  He again deposits his robe on its hook beside the door and also drops a full bag with some collected bounty on the table beside many others.  He catches the tossed coin from the huntsmaster behind the desk and tosses it immediately to the bartender.  By the time he reaches the end of the bar, his customary mug of hot water is ready for him.  He drops a small mesh bulb into the water and takes it back to a padded chair by the fire.  He places his mug on a table near the roaring blaze to keep the water hot and allows the overly cushioned seat to envelop him.

• Like 3
On 3/23/2017 at 11:14 PM, Katrin the Morag said:

One could for example try such a thing. But honestly I was just enthused about a fellow ranger being so close to home. My home that is.

If you've never seen the North sea before, definitely go for a long walk along there, especially with low tide and the wattenmeer falling dry... Just don't get lost or surprised by the water coming back in... it's tricky and can be dangerous.

Of course you should come see kiel... there's shipyards here and... ehmm you know stuff...

emoji12.png

---

"Travel lightly, for what you bring with you becomes part of your landscape." -Anne Bishop

I know what you mean, I always get this weird pride when people I know are near my hometown. Like, that's my place! And you should know it!

I'm so keen to see the North Sea, so I will get some tips from a local I'm staying with :) 

• Like 1

2017: Year of the Epic Travel Adventure

Lycan Ranger | Level 13

Current challenge - Metallica Theme

Previous: 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

Battle log/inspiration thread

Emerald Eagle wants rum after the week she's had, but chooses hot tea instead. At least beating up the enemy might make her feel better. Coming to her virtual home to be surrounded by fellow Rangers begins to lift her spirits.

• Like 6

Feminist Ranger (she/her)

Based in Melbourne, Australia

Current Challenge: Emerald Eagle refills her cup (January 2021)
Instagram: @emeraldeaglenf

“I wish you would thrash him. He deserves it." She looked back at him. "I will one day, sir. I'm getting tired of falling down.” - Alanna: The First Adventure

18 hours ago, Jedediah The Wolf said:

We had a competition and after much Rangering my team took second!

Awesome work, well done!

• Like 2

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

On 3/26/2017 at 9:18 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

The wonderful thing about Rangers

Is Rangers are wonderful things,

Their bodies are turned into wonders,

Their brains want to do all the things!

What art! What literature! We must put it to music. 

• Like 5

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

Rangers,

Week 2 has fallen to our prophecy, and week 3 is coming. Week 3 has a different tactic. It will try to cut us off from the group, tell us we are alone, show us all that we think we have to do on our own, convince us we can't do it all, tell us it's too much for us, then use anxiety to make it all worse. It will tell us we don't have the strength to face it, the time to devote, that we aren't worth it, that we deserve misery and weakness and loneliness.

The cure for week 3 is four simple words:

NO RANGER STANDS ALONE.

This is both a promise and a challenge. We are not just a bunch of individual Rangers, we are the Ranger Corps, and we stand strong, united and whole. When one of us falls, we all fall, and we all work together to get back up. When one of us soars, we all soar, and cheer for the victory. When one of us hurts, we all hurt, and stand together to ease the pain and comfort the heart. When one of us posts Diggy Diggy Hole (thanks @Katrin the Morag), we all see it and are glad. For those week 3 has especially targeted, this is a promise. The Empire knows it can't defeat us as a group, so it tries to isolate us and lie about our abilities. The truth is we are strong enough on our own not to fail, but when we are alone it's easy to forget that, and that is the power of week 3's evil. And so the promise is to you that No Ranger Stands Alone. We will always be here, on the other side of your screen, backing you up, cheering you on, putting you back on your feet and helping you along the way. Some have courageously reached out for help on their own threads and received that help. Some are hurting in secret, and to you I say, No Ranger Stands Alone. We care, we will help, we see in you the potential and the goodness you do not see in yourself. Give us the chance and let us show you what we your brothers and sisters see in you. 

To those who are doing well, this is a challenge. No Ranger Stands Alone. Help your brothers and sisters who may stumble so that they do not fall. Find the fallen and stand them up. Seek each other out in your challenge threads and bolster one another's resolve. Encourage one another with good words, bring hope to the hopeless, love to the forsaken, speak the truth to lies and shine light in the darkness. We have power in our words, use them for the good of your corps. No Ranger Stands Alone. Those who have forgotten may be too far inside themselves to call for help on their own; let us watch out for each other so we can offer those words of power when they are needed even if the one needing them doesn't know to ask.

No Ranger Stands Alone.

Week 3 is doomed.

• Like 17

Current Challenge

I got shivers reading that, Tank. So so needed today, given how little I've been around this challenge. I've been missing the usual level of interaction with all of you (my fault, I've not kept up with people's threads) and it's a timely reminder that I am not alone, not by half. I'm just on a side-quest, a trial I must do for myself, under my own steam, but not by myself. No Ranger stands alone. None of us. 

• Like 8

"What does your heart tell you?" - Aragorn

Epic Quest: In the Footsteps of the Dúnedain: Aragorn's Journey

Current Challenge:   https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/120325-rhovaniel-stronger-wiser-healing/

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 1:04 PM, doctorake said:

I just saw this, I am not sure it applies, but remember in periods of drought to remember to water your Cobra.

Cute snek!

Tzippi Longstockings, level 9 Ranger/Monk 

Battle Log - My Fitness Pal - Quest to Find My Epic Quest - Challenges:   #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7,

The Westerosi Fitness Tour: Dorne Stormlands Vale the Reach Westerlands The Wall 

MamaBear Kiss Off Waterbending Rounding <<Current