Ye Middle Aged Ranger Guilde Hall: General Chatter

329869bf65ba137b067377bad14f3d42.jpg

Eat well; eat slowly; enjoy every bite of everything on your plate - but don't feel obligated to eat out with, or eat unhealthily, with your friends and family.

Drink responsibly: enjoy your adult beverage, drink some water in between and afterwards; feel smug about how you won't be the hung-over person in your group tomorrow.

Rest up. Have a lie-in; stretch, do some yoga with Youtube, take the dog for a walk or the kids to the park. Do that adulting you put off during the work week, and go to bed feeling accomplished.

In short,

Spoiler

233155-Animated-Have-A-Great-Weekend-Quo

• Like 8

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!

2 hours ago, Evicious said:

Eat well; eat slowly; enjoy every bite of everything on your plate - but don't feel obligated to eat out with, or eat unhealthily, with your friends and family

I'm the first time with family since Christmas. Means: I will ignore everything you suggest. :D

• Like 6

Was wäre das Leben, hätten wir nicht den Mut, etwas zu riskieren. Vincent van Goch

I've given up on my challenge already :) The workout plan just wasn't working for me and I've already failed the challenge goals. Next challenge can't come fast enough. 

• Like 3

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

21 minutes ago, Kestrel Grey said:

I've given up on my challenge already :) The workout plan just wasn't working for me and I've already failed the challenge goals. Next challenge can't come fast enough. 

You can still succeed in week 4!

• Like 3

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

56 minutes ago, Kestrel Grey said:

Ummm, you went winter hiking, camped in the snow, were bailed on by your friends, and still didn't give up, your challenge goals may not have worked for you but you are still Rangering your challenge like a total badass. Yesterday when I didn't feel like walking, I thought about you hiking in the snow, and decided if you could do that I could handle a bit of wind and rain.

• Like 14

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

You can still succeed in week 4!

1 hour ago, Elastigirl said:

Ummm, you went winter hiking, camped in the snow, were bailed on by your friends, and still didn't give up, your challenge goals may not have worked for you but you are still Rangering your challenge like a total badass. Yesterday when I didn't feel like walking, I thought about you hiking in the snow, and decided if you could do that I could handle a bit of wind and rain.

Thanks guys. I'm mad that I missed out on dominating my challenge goals for the whole four weeks, but you're right. A slip up last week is no reason to throw in the towel. 

• Like 11

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

10 hours ago, Kestrel Grey said:

Thanks guys. I'm mad that I missed out on dominating my challenge goals for the whole four weeks, but you're right. A slip up last week is no reason to throw in the towel. 

Yeeeeeeeaaaaaaah!!! :D

On a completely unrelated note I did get to see a Kestrel yesterday and squee'd at the adorbableness. 

• Like 5

Rangers

The challenge is almost over. This has been a rough one, many have struggled, many have faced the choice of whether or not to go on after a rough start. To everyone still reading, good job sticking around. To those wondering about whether or not to punt and just wait till next challenge to "get serious" again, let me encourage you not to wait. The challenge structure is useful and helpful, but we are not doing what we are doing for the reason of succeding in the challenges. We are doing what we are doing to be healthy, to be anti-fragile, to be mobile in our 80's and 90's, to be fast, flexible, strong, powerful and happy. We will not attain those things simply by being able to say we completed challenges. Rather, sticking with the habits built in those challenges over time, we will become those things we want to be. It's possible to get to a healthy waistline, get strong and fast without ever successfully completing a challenge. It's also possible to complete a hundred challenges and not make any progress. Remember, the challenge was made for the rebel, not the rebel for the challenge. Make them work for you, and more importantly, don't stop working on your goals just because a challenge isn't going how you want.

We are Rangers. We adapt, we improvise, we overcome. No mere bump in the road is going to stop us. We stand together, united against the forces of the Empire, and it's feeble skills are no match for the power of the Ranger side. We do not give up, and we do not wait to respawn. Tomorrow can kill you. Tomorrow is the thief of today. The thing about tomorrow is that it never gets here, we just get a new today. So if you are waiting for tomorrow to get back on the wagon, you might very well wait the rest of your life. What can you do today to be healthy? What can you do today to stick with your goals that aren't about a challenge but are about a productive life?

You are a Ranger. You do not quit, you do not give in, you do not abandon your friends. You are strong, you are a healthy person, and you now do healthy person things. A healthy person does not wait for tomorrow, a healthy person does healthy things today.

What will you do?

• Like 15

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

We are Rangers. We adapt, we improvise, we overcome. No mere bump in the road is going to stop us. We stand together, united against the forces of the Empire, and it's feeble skills are no match for the power of the Ranger side. We do not give up, and we do not wait to respawn. Tomorrow can kill you. Tomorrow is the thief of today. The thing about tomorrow is that it never gets here, we just get a new today. So if you are waiting for tomorrow to get back on the wagon, you might very well wait the rest of your life. What can you do today to be healthy? What can you do today to stick with your goals that aren't about a challenge but are about a productive life?

You are a Ranger. You do not quit, you do not give in, you do not abandon your friends. You are strong, you are a healthy person, and you now do healthy person things. A healthy person does not wait for tomorrow, a healthy person does healthy things today.

I'm going to put this on a poster and hang it up!!

• Like 6

Current Challenge

Gnome |  Druid/Ranger | Level

2021 Goals: Hour walk without pain | Freestanding headstand | Back squat Tiny Human's weight
Goodreads

I've been having more trouble with my challenge than I expected this time around.  Life keeps throwing curve balls at me.  Still plugging away, though, and even though I'm not going to hit my goals 100%, I've got some more good feedback about what I need to change/focus on next challenge.  I would really like a week to just curl up in bed and not have to do anything, though.

• Like 4

Wood Elf Waywatcher Mandalorian (Assassin/Ranger hybrid)

*comes walking in like it ISN'T the end of the challenge*

ycmUujF.gif

Hey guys! what's I miss? lol

• Like 11

WEEK 1 - H2O X X X | FOOD X X X X | ZUMBA X | 
WEEK 2 - H2O
X ✓ ✓ XX️ X️  | FOOD ✓ ✓ ✓ ️ ️   | ZUMBA  | 
WEEK 3 - H2O 
X️ X️ ✓ ✓ ✓ ️ ️X️️| FOOD ✓ ✓ ✓ X️️  X️ ️️| ZUMBA ️️ | 
WEEK 4 - H2O 
◽◽◽◽◽ | FOOD ◽◽◽◽◽️| ZUMBA ️️ | 

Challenges: 1 | 23 | 45 | 6 | 7 | 8Current
Find me on: MyFitnessPal & Fitbit  [[My Character]]   

There is a beast in every woman, and it stirs when you put a barbell in her hands.

❚█═══════█❚

Need some advice.  I've had some form of headache most of last week; and yesterday I went to an amusement park with steep graded hills, essentially hiking all day.  I did not hydrate properly, and by the end of yesterday I had a migraine from dehydration. Though today was better, I was sent home from work by lunch because the headache had gotten severe enough i wasn't doing anything.. (Some cross between a migraine and tension headache). I went home and took a three hour nap and it's better but not gone.

I've been following a running program and am supposed to do an interval run today. The internet has provided conflicting information about whether exercise will help or make the headache worse.   So to run or not to run, that is my question.

Any advice Rangers? 

• Like 1

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Str- 18, Dex-12, Sta-10, Con-23, Wis-88, Cha-47

"Not all who wander are lost."

"We Shall Not Practice Fear"

Current Battlelog

17 minutes ago, ladylydia said:

Need some advice.  I've had some form of headache most of last week; and yesterday I went to an amusement park with steep graded hills, essentially hiking all day.  I did not hydrate properly, and by the end of yesterday I had a migraine from dehydration. Though today was better, I was sent home from work by lunch because the headache had gotten severe enough i wasn't doing anything.. (Some cross between a migraine and tension headache). I went home and took a three hour nap and it's better but not gone.

I've been following a running program and am supposed to do an interval run today. The internet has provided conflicting information about whether exercise will help or make the headache worse.   So to run or not to run, that is my question.

Any advice Rangers? 

First and foremost DRINK MORE WATER. Like, right now, go and drink some. If you think you got dehydrated, a rest day might be in order to let your body recover. 

• Like 8

Current Challenge

Any advice Rangers? 

Drink more. Go light, easy run, walk, or rest. Hit it hard when you're healthy again.

• Like 3

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

4 hours ago, ladylydia said:

Any advice Rangers? 

Go drink some water. Now have some more. Gonna say it depends with the headache. I tend to get ones that are manageable as long as I'm not moving, but any sort of movement means throbbing pain.. I'd say if you want to get something in start out really easy, see how it goes, maybe ramp up to easy at most. But I'd be incline to take the rest day.

• Like 6

It sounds kinda like an exertion headache. I get mild ones sometimes. If it is bad enough you will want to avoid any exercise until it is 100% gone or it could keep coming back and haunting you for weeks. :(  Feel better!

• Like 3

― Neil Gaiman

On 4/8/2017 at 11:44 AM, Kestrel Grey said:

Yeah I got sick and was on vacation (at the same time) so I definitely get this! Trying to finish strong in week 4 though! You can do it!

• Like 2

Level 11 Hobbit Brewmaster

Half Ranger, Half Druid, Completely Ridiculous

Instagram

Current Challenge: Mizbrek Studies with the Order of the Broken Temple

Past Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Only three days left in this challenge!

• Like 4

― Neil Gaiman

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 7:35 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Rangers

The challenge is almost over. This has been a rough one, many have struggled, many have faced the choice of whether or not to go on after a rough start. To everyone still reading, good job sticking around. To those wondering about whether or not to punt and just wait till next challenge to "get serious" again, let me encourage you not to wait. The challenge structure is useful and helpful, but we are not doing what we are doing for the reason of succeding in the challenges. We are doing what we are doing to be healthy, to be anti-fragile, to be mobile in our 80's and 90's, to be fast, flexible, strong, powerful and happy. We will not attain those things simply by being able to say we completed challenges. Rather, sticking with the habits built in those challenges over time, we will become those things we want to be. It's possible to get to a healthy waistline, get strong and fast without ever successfully completing a challenge. It's also possible to complete a hundred challenges and not make any progress. Remember, the challenge was made for the rebel, not the rebel for the challenge. Make them work for you, and more importantly, don't stop working on your goals just because a challenge isn't going how you want.

What will you do?

Thanks, Tanktimus. I needed this. I need to be anti-fragile so I can have a long, active life with my husband and kiddo, and to survive the construction of said kiddo.

I'll be on a plane tonight, but I can do some push-ups and squats in the breakroom now, and try a few reps of some bodyweight in the hotel tonight. Might not be enough to count as a success on my challenge, but each rep I do is helping, even if I don't "get credit" for it.

• Like 7

Tzippi Longstockings, level 9 Ranger/Monk 

Battle Log - My Fitness Pal - Quest to Find My Epic Quest - Challenges:   #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7,

The Westerosi Fitness Tour: Dorne Stormlands Vale the Reach Westerlands The Wall 

MamaBear Kiss Off Waterbending Rounding <<Current

Dav walks in, also pretending like it isn't the end of the challenge and she hasn't been awol for most of the whole thing.

Hello, Rangers!  I am pleased to announce that I have been rangering satsifactorily this month, but was regrettably too busy to tell you about it as I went along doing so. :P  Also, I have a request to make of anyone willing and/or able to assist:

Last challenge I had a "Slicer Quest" to work on programming an application for an end-of-schooling capstone project, and I have been unofficially continuing that quest this month to get the project done on time.  The app is a convenient version of the "Walking to Mordor" challenge, and I am expected to present the whole thing next week with the rest of my development team.  As an introduction to the project, I think it would be effective to explain the practical aspect of why people do this challenge (the criterion for each was to build something that would have a positive impact on people).  If you (or anyone else you know) have completed (or been consistently doing) the Walking to Mordor challenge, and would be willing to share before/after pictures that I can use in my presentation, I'd really appreciate it if you could send some to me via private message (or here, if you want, I am not picky).

This would be for a presentation to the class and some professors, as well as a University-wide design expo later on in the month.  If you have any that you don't mind sharing, that would help me out tremendously.  I may or may not use them; I may or may not print a couple for the poster board I have to build.  It could be a nice way to say, "Hey, people will use this thing we have been building and make this kind of progress!"  If you do send some my way, please make it very clear in type that you are okay with my using the pictures for the presentation in print or any other form of media.

No problem if nobody has anything they want to share; I figured it was worth throwing out there just in case.  Also, I thought about posting this in the Pub, but didn't want to generate too much attention to it just yet, since it won't be ready for an official release until sometime this summer-ish.

Thanks, everyone, and good luck wrapping up your challenges!

Sdl5miJ.gif

• Like 4

Anyone not willing to risk being left behind?