The Phoenix rises.time to finish what I started

I  am 45 yrs old a leo. Latina mixed  I started out on this journey 415 pounds I got down to 165 .over the years I.have yoyoed with my weight I .emotionally ate.made excuses.used my dads death with cancer  tore my.world apart and i used it  as a excuse to eat ,failed relationship I ate. Food WAS my.comfort. I gained back into the 200s ..well with hard work dedication..im back in onederland.

I also take care of my.mom that's partially paralyzed from multiple strokes.but.I need to take care of me too.self care..I cant take care of her if I.dont take care of my own health.

Food= fuel no exceptions.Its not a hug or a warm blanket 

NOW its time to.rise and finish this journey.

Power of three..this has worked for me.

Clean eating

Water

Exercise 5 days a week. 

Diet..I.really hate that word, its a lifestyle change for me but my.plan is protective diet..a high nutrient vegan diet.there i said it diet lol I.make all my.own food pretty much from scratch 

Goals..

1 month goal

Work on getting in  my.fitbit steps  10k

No gluten ..I have ulcerative colitis 

Drinking green goddess aka green smoothie.Mon through friday

Gym three days a week

Meditation

2 month goal

Work on strength and toning  ..weight machines,kb

Work on stairs.

Continue meditation

3 month goals

Release 20 pounds. I.say release instead of lose .losing means you can find it.I don't intend to find it again.

Work on endurance 

I love to cook. And workout.ill be.posting workouts,my cooking experiments lol ..thoughts feelings and progress.

Progress not perfection

Time.to get.this party started its time to kick ass . .its time to finish what I started and keep  improving.I believe there is no finish line

My.goal is 135... Size 6 but that's just the beginning.than the real work begins..maintaining it..plus kicking ass every day. 

I.look forwarding to.making some friends here that we can support each other.

I.love to.smile,laugh and enjoy life.. A good sense of humor a must.tou cant take life too seriously. .life is so short.make the most of it I have a cat named princess and she knows it..shes my baby.

I like to.read..love to.dance.love.music.singing and listening to.it.its a great release.

So now you know a little bit more about me.

Let's do this guys! 

Yes im.talking to YOU..we got this!

Trying to get back to wonder woman status..yesss I.love wonder woman..hot outfit..strong sexy and can get honesty from a man with her lasso..what's not to love lol 

Walk  3.08 miles
7,269 steps

Cardio workout. 

10 min on treadmill 3.3
5 min  elliptical
5 min bike 

100  various squats 

3 sets of 12 extra five getting the negative.

Seated leg press level 9
Calf raises level 9
Leg curl level 5

Medicine ball workout 30 reps

crunches holding a 4lb medicine ball
Toso twists left to right holding a 4.lb medicine ball 
Torso twist right to left holding a 4 lb medicine ball
Oblique crunches holding a 4 lb medicine ball.
Bend over ball to.floor back up in sitting position 

100 various squats 
25  squats holding medicine ball 
25 reg
25 with 10 lb kettle bell 

25 shower squats 

Toning band medium band

Triceps press backs right 
Tricep press back left.
Lat raises
 Torso  twists  right 
Torso twist left 

KB Workout 30 reps each

Overhead swings
Russian twists
Squats
Right arm one arm side  swing
Left arm one arm  side swing
Right tricep press back right arm
Left tricep press back left arm 
Around the world s

Glad you decided to join in.  I'm here to follow and give support.  Look forward to watching your progress.

Check out other in both battle logs and challenges.  There will be a new challenge starting in about a week so any challenges you checkout now will be ending.  But you can see lots of peoples results.  Reply to people whose posts you find interesting, even if its just a friendly hello.

• Like 1

Current Challenge 

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
Diet is 80% of losing weight, exercise is 80% of motivation.

The only thing I am 100% sure of is my ability to be wrong.

2 minutes ago, peelout said:

Hey, I'm here to follow and give support.  Look forward to watching your progress.

Give support means kicking my ass if I.need it right..thanks bro.this is a cool site  

Hi Lynneta...I saw your post in Sloth's log and decided to swing by. Welcome!

I second what Peelout said. You'll have to decide what might work best for you. If you are looking for a lot of interaction and support from people on the forum, it's easier to get to know people within the 4-week challenges. There is one officially starting in about a week, but the open the forum a week early (probably tomorrow...depends in time zones etc) to let people get started.

Since you have thought about goals that would be useful to you on a ~month time scale, a 4-week challenge might be perfect.

It's also totally cool to hang out where you are in the battle logs. It just tends to be a little less traveled.

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

Hey xena..love.the name use to watch the warrior princess..

Yea.I.am definitely planning on joining the challenges

I.love interaction and getting to know people

Thank you.for the welcome. 

Today is my rest day,but that doesn't mean im not focused on clean eating..

I just read a eye opening article on gluten sensitivity which is something I have from my ulcerative colitis.

This will help me keep my focus on my  no gluten goal.

Tomorrow I am ready to.start a strong week

Looking forward to.the next four week challenge starting.

Time to rise and soar.

• Like 1

Just a comment.  It isn't necessary to wait until official challenge start date to start if you don't want to wait.  A lot of start sometime during the "one week break" between challenges and we call it week 0.  Whatever your preference is fine.

Current Challenge 

So I had my first obstacle in my no gluten rule.

My brother and roommate brought in hot pizza.it smelled amazing,buti know how my body feels and after reading the article on gluten.it made me realize with my autoimmune disease gluten is really poison to my body.so it just enforces how important accomplishing this goal is for my health.

I made.some fresh popcorn instead..I also I am researching free meditations as this is another goal of mine.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, lynneta said:

I am liking the.format of this site though...is there a way of doing colored txt ..

Yes.Click on the underlined "A" in the ribbon above. 

• Like 1

Current Challenge 

1 minute ago, lynneta said:

So I had my first obstacle in my no gluten rule.

My brother and roommate brought in hot pizza.it smelled amazing,buti know how my body feels and after reading the article on gluten.it made me realize with my autoimmune disease gluten is really poison to my body.so it just enforces how important accomplishing this goal is for my health.

I think Gluten allergys are caused by reading about Gluten.  

• Like 1

Current Challenge 

4 minutes ago, peelout said:

I think Gluten allergys are caused by reading about Gluten.  

Lol if that was the case I.would stop reading. I don't have a underlined A I have.a underlined u which just underlines things..I want color   

ribbon.PNG

This is my ribbon.  Not sure why yours does not have as much stuff on it.  Probably better that you don't.  I've seen what you do when you have access to color.

Current Challenge 

Wandered over her after I saw you post on Sloth's site that you like kettlebells. As a fellow KB lover, I wanted to come over and say hi. Super impressed with all the weight you've released already.

Around here there are some places that have gluten free pizza. I also can't do cheese, so by the time I do fake cheese and fake crust, it's notexactly the same, but at least it is somewhat pizza. Good for you for saying no, and remembering how it makes you feel.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

1 hour ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

No gluten is the worst.  I really miss pizza too.  

Yea gluten kills my stomach.woke up to fresh donuts..I live in a very divided kitchen.

Im plant based...I actually follow the peotective diet. It's working for me..but my family follow a sad diet.

Sooo I have to resist a lot of crap.

Have you tried some of the alternative flours  and grains to make a crust..  

51 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

Wandered over her after I saw you post on Sloth's site that you like kettlebells. As a fellow KB lover, I wanted to come over and say hi. Super impressed with all the weight you've released already.

Around here there are some places that have gluten free pizza. I also can't do cheese, so by the time I do fake cheese and fake crust, it's notexactly the same, but at least it is somewhat pizza. Good for you for saying no, and remembering how it makes you feel.

Hey girl..thanks for stopping by my little  space.

Yea I love my kb.it's only 10 lbs but I have rheumatoid arthritis so that's what I can handle right now

Yeaaah someone else uses release instead of lose when it comes to weight.I don't expect to find those bitches I released again lol 

Its been a lot of ups downs yoyos..my dads death put me in a spiral than I lost a  relationship..now im finally in a good head space to kick the rest if this fats ass to the curb. 

Ohh I love gf crust.I learned to not have expectations of things tasting like the real thing,but it can still be delish in another way.

I have to take it day by day with gluten..like the donuts.. So im going to make pineapple coffee cake muffins.

I.also eat no sugar...I know im strange lol 

If you want to add colors like peelout is doing you have a couple options from your phone. On Android if you click the three vertical tops at the top right of your browser then "request desktop site" from that menu. You'll get the toolbar he showed.

Otherwise you have to code it. but I forget how to pull it off on this forum.

You can't spell Slaughter without laughter

11 minutes ago, The Most Loathed said:

If you want to add colors like peelout is doing you have a couple options from your phone. On Android if you click the three vertical tops at the top right of your browser then "request desktop site" from that menu. You'll get the toolbar he showed.

Otherwise you have to codeit but I forget how to pull it off on this forum.

<span style="color:#27ae60;">test</span>

test

Yeaaaah I have color.hugsss you