» captain's log [shaar: v. battle log]

Ah, taking a step back from the consta-challenge cycle.  I feel more relaxed already.  Hi~ :3

tumblr_ohd9auQGCO1sd29ego2_r1_500.gif

• Like 5

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Following! 

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

WAUWAUWAUW welcome friends!! ^_______________^

So I guess I'll break this post into two parts, goals and updates.  Woo!

Happy_sailor_moon.gif

Goals

Right now I really just want to continue my strength training, mobility work, and keep my head on straight.  Same stuff I've been doing, but a little bit better.  I'll list my main goals below, the ones I'll be reporting on each couple of days for now.

Lifting

I need to tighten up my lifting routine a little better, so I'm going to go back to the P/P/L routine that worked really well for me last year.  I waffled around a bit with TM & 5/3/1 but I came to the conclusion that I'm not really in a good spot to jump headlong into a new program just yet.  Here's what I've got for now:

Spoiler
  1. push

Squats

BP

Hammer Curl

Skull Crushers -or- dips

Lat Raise

1. pull

DL

OHP*

Seated cable row

Chins

Lat Pulldown

*I realize OHP is def not a pull lift but holy heck I couldn’t have it on the same day as bench, nope, noperoo.

1. legs

Squats

RDL

Hamstring Curls

Walking Lunges

Calf Raises

This will keep me in the gym 3 days a week with a pretty regimented schedule.  My goal is to track this and be mindful of my progress.  I'll start this next week, as I'm just coming off of a rest week and am easing back into things!

Mobility

My right wrist is still fairly stiff on end flexion so that needs some work still.  I'd like to keep up a mobility practice 2-3 days a week, with discretion on what to work on as iffy spots/issues arise.  Now that I've got Elements under my belt I feel pretty confident in diagnosing the majority of my own weak(er) spots and addressing them.  Yay!

Art

Still drawing stuff!  Still need to scan last week's completed work.  I'm really enjoying working on this; it takes me out of my own head for a little bit and while it's not stellar yet, I'm definitely seeing improvement and it's -fun-! :3

Brains

I've been having some uncharacteristic rough/turbulent moments as my brain (and body) re-adjusts to a normal hormonal cycle - add to that the heavy doldrums of the end of winter (it snowed here yesterday???) and I've been having more depressive days than normal.  I'm going to do my best to be mindful of how I'm feeling and start working up some new methods to pull me out of the hole when I fall into it!  I'm not sure what these are yet (ha) but I know that as time passes and I encounter shitty moments it'll be a hands-on learning experience.  Pretty much KEEP CALM AND BARD ON~

giphy.gif

(i will never not LOL at a doot)

Ideally I'd like to re-assess my goals monthly but since it is pretty much mid-month right now, I'll roll with this until April and see how it goes.  The ability to tinker easily with what I need to focus on is really what finally drew me away from the 4WC and to the Battle Logs! ^___________^

OKAY BORING STUFF DONE

Updates

- I bought a laptop!  Woo hoo!!!!  It's just a little ASUS Chromebook but I'm really hype about it and it's coming on Wednesday. :3  I haven't had a laptop for like 5 years so this will be nice, I can actually forum from the couch or like, the backyard OR WHEREVER.  YEEEEE.

- MY STAYCATION IS NEXT WEEK HALLELUJAH HOLY SHIT WHERE'S THE TYLENOL

I work M&T and am off W, Th, and F.... and the weekend of course.  Good lordy it's gonna be G R E A T.  Some plans I have so far: are - visit the new H&M in town while it's not uber crowded and do some shopping! - go to a new donut place I've been eyeing for like 3 months - treat myself to lunch somewhere nice in town, location TBD - finish FFXV if I haven't yet (I'm really close to the end ugh) - do some closet deep cleaning around the house and purge a bunch of crap, either in the trash or donation - S L E E P - not do work bullshit - hopefully get outside if the weather allows.

- I've been only drinking alcohol on the weekends (if I feel like it; last weekend I only had one beer and was like eh done) and it's really great.  I feel leaner and slimmer than ever and the less bloat, mental and physical, is so noticeable. <33333  The double edge to this is you really don't notice how much of your socialization revolves around beer/bars/breweries until you stop going, and inadvertently turn yourself into a friendless hermit. <-- Something I've been struggling with lately.

- My office is 90% sure to be moving locations this summer.  This is exciting and terrifying.  More details as they present themselves.  Whee~

• Like 8

DOOT.

I HAVE THE TYLENOL RIGHT HERE. Took some an hour ago, actually. This is the worst Monday ever.

Welcome to the magical land of battle logs, where YOU are in charge of the pace~

• Like 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

40 minutes ago, Urgan said:

DOOT.

I HAVE THE TYLENOL RIGHT HERE. Took some an hour ago, actually. This is the worst Monday ever.

Welcome to the magical land of battle logs, where YOU are in charge of the pace~

MOTHER DOOTIN' MONDAY

This one is Mondaying right along, hopefully straight into a trashcan on fire, do not pass go, do not collect $200.

I already feel better about the pacing.  The Four Week Hustle stress is real.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, shaar said:

MOTHER DOOTIN' MONDAY

This one is Mondaying right along, hopefully straight into a trashcan on fire, do not pass go, do not collect $200.

Don't know about you, but that's where my appetite is right now.  (Just got an email from MFP giving me the 411 on portion control. LOL whut.)

5 minutes ago, shaar said:

I already feel better about the pacing.  The Four Week Hustle stress is real.

This.

• Like 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

Here's probably my biggest accomplishment for a Monday - my Overwatch Play of the Game as JUNKRAT KABOOM Feast your eyes upon my happy hops as we capture the point~

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, wovercast said:

Let me get this straight. I come back from a challenge/forum hiatus just in time to see you retreat into your Battle Log. I can take a hint...

We cannot exist on the same plane.

We are simply too powerful.

The poverty would be too much for the world to handle.

• Like 5

Weekly Updates

tumblr_ol9o31t4Ow1vl01j7o1_500.gif

In which nearly everyone gets set on fire at least once.

Lifting

This is going surprisingly well despite me having the hardest-ass time getting up and motivated to hit the gym lately.  Once I get there it's all good, but the process of letting all the excuses as to why not roll through my head first is a doozy.  I managed to churn out a decent squat volume today though and even finished with 3 3-rep sets at 115lbs... not bad considering I'm still eating at a slight deficit.  The mini-cut is really, really working though.  At this point I'm certainly leaner and stronger than I have been quite possibly ever, and it's a Good Thing!  We'll see how my legs feel tomorrow, though.

I keep an Intense Resting Bitch Face on at the gym, mostly because when I'm there I'm really focused and relishing the chance to be out of my own head for a bit, but over the weeks I've subtly noticed one of the regulars, Olympic Lifting Boy, doing his sets closer and closer to my location.  I think he's trying to work up the nerve to say hi?  I gave him the opportunity today when he was nearby, I popped out my earphones during my cool-down stretches and subsequent social-media-phone check but no dice.  He's probably intimidated by my angry eyebrows.  I hope he wants to recruit me to join a futuristic cyborg biker gang and needs a bard for his party.  I can off-tank too if that's a role that needs filling~

Mobility

DANG my right wrist has some hangups!!  Still really, really stiff at end flexion, so I worked on that between sets today.  My lower back has been a little crabby too so I've been doing 1-2 minutes of bear walks around the house and gosh that helps SO.  MUCH.  So much <3333

Art

I haven't drawn anything this week, whoops.  I have been writing in my spare time though so that's cathartic and helpful, but I need to sharpen my pencils again.

jPU0TfY.jpg

Brains

Hoo boy howdy I'm ready for spring, or something, to happen.  I've been dangerously toeing the line of a depressive episode for the better part of two weeks now and boy is it exhausting/demoralizing/insert your adjective of choice here.  Last night was one of the worst since last weekend so I cried after dinner and played some Overwatch and felt better afterwards.  THE HEALING POWER OF VIDEO GAMES!

When I'm feeling like a trash heap I like to ask myself, 'what are three main things you're feeling right now', and interestingly enough loneliness has been popping up in the mix pretty consistently.  Interesting because I'm never lonely - I actually thrive on not being social or surrounded by groups of people and have historically been a pretty solid lone wolf persona.  I'm enduring but I've come to the conclusion that it's a combination of natural hormones (sigh) and me getting heavily invested in a video game (FFXV) with such a strongly written plot line of deeply fostered friendship that it just digs a little hole in my chest or something.  Hmm.

ATTACHMENTS ARE WEAKNESS and I usually don't care about them, maybe I should go back on birth control until I die so I can resume living my life as a cheerfully detached robot.  (And join that biker gang~)

• Like 7

You have poverty attachments however - the best kind!

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Big Show: Human Swift Hunter

Respawning. One day at a time.

Battle Log: Operation Wedding Suit - Take 2

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 

On 15/3/2017 at 6:55 PM, shaar said:

I hope he wants to recruit me to join a futuristic cyborg biker gang and needs a bard for his party.

@Starpuck's got you covered

• Like 1

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (6)🍳🍳🍳🍳Fitness (1)💪,  Gourmet Cooking (2)👨‍🍳👨‍🍳, Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1),  Video Gaming (3), Wellness (1)💆‍♂️

Weekly Updates

Remember that gif with everyone on fire??

tumblr_mdlgs6GH0q1r7ckfzo1_500.gif

You may or may not remember (it's ok, i don't fault you) that our HVAC unit was on the fritz.  Well the repairman came this morning~

> You have contracted Unit Replacement.

> You will owe 6000 gil.

> Chance of band-aiding the problem temporarily so you can sell the house and run and never look back: 50%

I can see why some people just... lose their shit and go crackers and end up sitting in the corner of a truck stop muttering to themselves.  I DON'T HAVE 6000 GIL

We will wait for a Quick Fix estimate on Monday and go from there.  In the meantime I'm going to try not to go crackers, but boy when it rains it pours and sometimes it monsoons and your umbrella turns inside out and your rain boots aren't really rain boots but giant Communist venomous snakes that wrap themselves around your legs and pull you down into the sludgy bowels of Shit City Purgatory???

Sorry maybe got a little carried away there..............

• Like 5

1 minute ago, shaar said:

We will wait for a Quick Fix estimate on Monday and go from there.  In the meantime I'm going to try not to go crackers, but boy when it rains it pours and sometimes it monsoons and your umbrella turns inside out and your rain boots aren't really rain boots but giant Communist venomous snakes that wrap themselves around your legs and pull you down into the sludgy bowels of Shit City Purgatory???

While I'm sad you're having a rough time I always enjoy your Hyperbole

• Like 5

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath