» captain's log [shaar: v. battle log]

2 hours ago, shaar said:

You have a new appointment at a new doctor's office!  Do you:

a. Show up early in case there are any forms or paperwork you need to fill out - because let's face it, is there a doctor's office that doesn't have paperwork to fill out??  And just in case anyways, it's a new place, so better safe than sorry I guess??

b. Show up right on time - or a few minutes late - and are surprised that there is 20 minutes of paperwork to fill out so you hurry through it in the lobby making offhanded comments like "GOLLY this is a lot of paperwork"

unnamed-2.gif?w=750

Like this is something that I do not understand and if I had a wooden nickel for every time a new client goes with Option B I'd be able to superglue them all together to make a big ol' wooden pirate ship to sail away on like TOODALOO MOTHAFUCKAS

Do you really expect to show up and just WALTZ INTO THE OFFICE right away with no information on you?  Name?  Birthdate?  Demographics?  Allergic to anything?  Maternal father's ruling planet and sun sign?  Please fill out this checklist of your problems?  Blood type?  Bueller?  THIS AIN'T NO RINKY DINK SIDESHOW like....... you're not just here to chat with a random person like at the hair salon, there are many layers of privacy-protected information we need here for our professionals to work with you???

Until we acquire time-saving retinal scan technology YES YOU HAVE TO FILL OUT THE INTAKE PAPERWORK to meet with our doctors!!!!!!!!!!  Yes everyone has to do it!  No I'm not being mean by saying YES you have to do it! It is necessary clinical information for your file! I don't get to pick and choose the rules, this is how it's done!  All day!  Every day!  We are not the only office that has this policy so get used to it!  GOOD DAY SIR OR MADAM

Bless this mess I just don't get it.

It may be that people who need counseling might not have the best decision making skills.

• Like 2

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

90% of the appointments I've made, I'm specifically told to show up 15 or 20 minutes early. Sometimes when I'm making the appointment in person, they'll write on the card the time they want me to show up, instead of my actual appointment time. Sometimes they'll write both.

• Like 2

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

11 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

The competing against other countries is a smokescreen to hide the fact that the real motivation is for the testing companies to make money.

Brilliant.  Just.  Brilliant!

8 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

Now, just memorize the table, and we'll have quizzes to check your memorization.

This sounds like kids were told to memorize it before they understood it. :(

8 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

I was able to memorize less than half of it. So if I need to solve something like 8 × 7, it would look like: 

8 × 5 = 40 + 8 = 48 + 8 = (counting on fingers) 56. 

But this sounds like you managed just fine!

The only bad consequence is if you add digits, say 68 x 7, then it takes more energy to stage each calculation than it does to retrieve from memory.  And it is really not a big deal.  It's just a skill, just like juggling.

5 hours ago, Urgan said:

BUT I DON'T WANNA.

This.  Out of context.  But this. :D

3 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I teach sixth grade science in South Minneapolis. It's mostly physical science and most of my students struggle because they don't have enough number sense to make sense of our labs.

Sadface. :(

Another thing I find disturbing, based on conversations with one kid - That you are lacking kids that have mastered the material so well they can explain it to the other kids.

Where do these kids get homework help?

Number sense is going away because kids are growing without doing much in real-life.

I have no idea what this means.

I liked to play video games when I was a kid.  A LOT!

Everyone agrees with you on the testing.

Meanwhile, I continue to rant.  [/THREADJACK]

I think they're purposefully made to be able to call public schools failing.

After reading this several times, I now understand what you mean.  I am leaving the rest of it alone for now.

Teaching and learning is a lot less fun then it was before NCLB.

Le sigh.

• Like 3

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

19 hours ago, Sam Ashen said:

B!!!!!

And fill in the paperwork with random answers.

:devilish::panda:

I expected nothing less!!!!!

19 hours ago, ixaera said:

This LOL'd me so hard

TOODALOO LOL oh sigh~~

19 hours ago, Urgan said:

BUT I DON'T WANNA.

I think I'm the only weirdo that likes doing paperwork ahead of time maybe.......!!!

17 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I started using ADHD drugs as an adult. They're a career saver. The thing about them is that they don't fix your habits so they need to be used in conjunction with training or therapy or something to address the issues. Everyone misses that part.

I always show up early for the doctor and then sit around forever waiting to see someone.

B B B BINGO!!!!!!  We see this loads with parents.  Give 'em a pill and they'll be fine!  No... not quite... it still takes work... it's a mystery to a lot of people.  I can kinda understand why, but I still think folks yearn for an easy fix.

17 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

It may be that people who need counseling might not have the best decision making skills.

We have a mostly high-functioning clientele, surprisingly!  Well unless it comes to paperwork and common sense.  (Calling me from the road 5 minutes prior to your appointment asking for directions isn't the best idea sometimes??)

16 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

90% of the appointments I've made, I'm specifically told to show up 15 or 20 minutes early. Sometimes when I'm making the appointment in person, they'll write on the card the time they want me to show up, instead of my actual appointment time. Sometimes they'll write both.

Initial appointment, always. After that it's usually only a 5-10 minute variance. I've always defaulted to earlier just in case because being late makes me twitchy!  I'drather be early and wait for a doctor for a few minutes than be late and push everyone else behind...

I wish doctor time-management was up to me sometimes because I'd run a much tighter ship with client timeliness.  Alas, that is out of my jurisdiction.

• Like 2

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Weekly Updates

tumblr_static_5nf6j6umin408kso8cwcwskso.

LIFT

[X] M  [X] W  [X] F

Bench press day.  Blech.  Gym was really crowded today for some reason so I altered my workout a smidge with what equipment I had available.

BP

45x10x2

65x5x5

75x3x5

OHP

because everything is taken BUT the squat rack, ok??

55x5x5

Barbell Row

55x8x3

Hammer Curls

20x8x3

Skullcrushers

40x8x3

REPAIR

[X] 1   [X] 2   [ ] 3

Last night = epsom salt bath + sad howls of hamstring rolling.

NOURISH

[X]  Weekly lunch & snacks listed

MISC

[X] Get car inspected Tuesday morning

[X] Make vet appointment for Finn for May

[X] Front porch Wasp Patrol

Done!  Perimeter is 100% clear of nasties..... for now!!

[X] Unclog work kitchen drain

The joy of unobstructed drainage is now mine.

[X] Return digital library book

(Fahrenheit 451)

[ ] Pay car registration online

This is definitely gonna get pushed to next pay period; I put a sizeable chunk into my savings from my last paycheck instead so I will wait!

[X] Revisit and rebudget savings account; check credit score

Done!  Financials looking solid.  Next big budgeted item on the docket is Finn's vet visit for next month, complete with annual vaccines, yippee.

Credit score is sitting at 720.  Really excited about this because....:

Fun Fact - I filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy in 2010!  TL;DR It was a perfect storm of unexpected life events all at once, mainly stemming from a sudden parental death and spiraling outwards into other fascinatingly tragic and maudlin events.  Long story short it, obvs, seriously dinged my credit score.  Seriously.  I've clawed my way up from the 500's over the past seven years with some really long-term and tactical approaches and am really really proud of the work I've done.  The judgement officially is cleared from my credit report on April 27th (next week!), and I'm really excited to see how it affects my score, because other than that my credit report is pretty stellar.

I used to be embarrassed of this life foible but I'm not anymore, because let's be real, Shit Happens, and I think I overcame it really flippin' well with the resources I had available to me.

tumblr_ohnj4i0xx21rchnq2o1_r3_500.gif

Doing pretty well this week!!!!  Shark Week has arrived two days early (srsly) and I feel like hot garbage but am making it through ok, I think.  I AM REALLY ENJOYING THIS CHECKLIST FORMAT GEEZ.  I'm getting so much done!!  Going to regroup tomorrow and see what else I can tackle in the upcoming week!! *^_^*

• Like 9

In other news I am very interested in THIS -

https://www.myheritage.com/dna

But I am also tinfoil-hat skeptical about sending my DNA away to be cloned into some kind of underground illegal alien-fighting force in the next 20 years so.............

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, shaar said:

But I am also tinfoil-hat skeptical about sending my DNA away to be cloned into some kind of underground illegal alien-fighting force in the next 20 years so.............

On the plus side, you will be fighting aliens.

• Like 2

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

The world can only be better with thousands of Shaars at the ready. Someone must make this happen.

• Like 4

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

The world can only be better with thousands of Shaars at the ready. Someone must make this happen.

^ This.

Aliens beware.

Many power.

Much mighty.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Big Show: Human Swift Hunter

Respawning. One day at a time.

Battle Log: Operation Wedding Suit - Take 2

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 

Oooooohhhhhh.... DNA sequencing reports are fun though. So. Much. Data. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Level 87 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 8485 | 86 | 87  ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

19 hours ago, Urgan said:

On the plus side, you will be fighting aliens.

But will it be me, or my clones?  Will we have a shared consciousness??  Will I just be relegated to watching my me's on the 11 o'clock news, highlight reels of their glory from a third person view?!!?!!

These are the things that keep me up at night.

12 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

5 hours ago, Big_Show said:

^ This.

Aliens beware.

Many power.

Much mighty.

If I could contribute anything, general joy might go up by 10%.  Adding video game quotes to every day conversations.  Eck.  Maybe it's not such a good idea.....

36 minutes ago, darkfoxx said:

Oooooohhhhhh.... DNA sequencing reports are fun though. So. Much. Data. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This stuff always interested me in high school!  DNA and nucleic acid sequences.  But the cloning thing......... I should read the fine print, JUSTincase....................

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, shaar said:

But will it be me, or my clones?  Will we have a shared consciousness??  Will I just be relegated to watching my me's on the 11 o'clock news, highlight reels of their glory from a third person view?!!?!!

These are the things that keep me up at night.

Either way, you have the luxury of knowing you are capable of greatness without the job hazards of being shot at, eaten, or used as incubation for alien young.

• Like 2

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

21 hours ago, spooky said:

*sneaks in*

Guess who's back and is also obsessed with Yuri on Ice???

MISSED YOU <333

GJOPFJSDFSD SPOOKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3333333333333333  GOSH it's so good to see you!!!

tumblr_og17cwoyug1usc9y9o1_540.gif?w=639

I totally need to watch this again, I mean, yeeeeee!

• Like 1

Previous Week Wrapup

tumblr_oj18zhqVsJ1s3e4flo1_500.gif

LIFT

[X] M  [X] W  [X] F

D D D DONE

REPAIR

[X] 1   [X] 2   [X] 3

I'm totally making Sunday Morning Stretch a thing; can catch up on some Spanish football and get some mobility done too.  About 45 minutes (a game half) of mostly wrists and hamstrings, glutes too.

NOURISH

MISC

[X] Get car inspected Tuesday morning

[X] Make vet appointment for Finn for May

[X] Front porch Wasp Patrol

[X] Unclog work kitchen drain

[X] Return digital library book

[ ] Pay car registration online

(Waiting for more funds for this week)

[X] Revisit and rebudget savings account; check credit score

Got everything wrapped up!  YEAH!!!  Current week checklist incoming shortly...

• Like 7

LAST WEEK OF APRIL STUFF

Heck yeah let's go!!

tumblr_ocqt3fp3CC1vrhk2qo2_540.gif

LIFT

[X] M  [ ] W  [ ] F

Deadlift day, GET.  Got to the gym late this morning because OMG it's raining out everyone freak out now, sigh.  Did what I could!

OHP warmup

45x5x5

DL

135x5x5

145x5x5

Officially bruising myself less, slowly but surely.  All these felt really solid.  Still happy with my very slow progression.

Row

6m 745mi

REPAIR

[ ] 1   [ ] 2   [ ] 3

NOURISH

This week's lunch is YEP SALAD - lettuce, tomato, cuban black beans, grilled chicken, hard boiled egg, a scoop of guacamole, and balsamic.  I love salad so much, and with guac, YES PLS.

Snacks - mangos! Still on sale.  Roasted some sweet potato cubes too for my afternoon snack - tossed them in melted coconut oil, brown sugar, nutmeg, and salt and roasted in the oven for an hour.  Holy delicious!  The coconut oil caramelized nicely.

MISC

[ ] Pay car registration by Friday

[ ] Plan upcoming expenditures - K's birthday gift, & send mother's day flowers

[ ] Check in with petsitter to watch Finn next month

[ ] Make new donation box with pants & shorts

I'm at the point where there's not a pair of pants or shorts in my possession that I can't fit into.  Yowwow.  !!

[ ] Put alert on phone to buy Blackwatch Genji skin by the end of current Overwatch event if you don't get it in a loot box BY GOD THIS IS SO SAD ISN'T IT

tumblr_oh426jOsdi1v24kzto2_540.gif

Also - Achievement Unlocked - DEAD HANG CHIN-UP GET!!!

*small dooting fanfare yaaaass*

• Like 7

9 hours ago, shaar said:

[ ] Put alert on phone to buy Blackwatch Genji skin by the end of current Overwatch event if you don't get it in a loot box BY GOD THIS IS SO SAD ISN'T IT

Also - Achievement Unlocked - DEAD HANG CHIN-UP GET!!!

*small dooting fanfare yaaaass*

Umm, excuse you. It's not sad. It's glorious. 

YAY DEAD HANG CHIN UPS!! This seems to deserve large doots.

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

11 hours ago, shaar said:

GJOPFJSDFSD SPOOKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3333333333333333  GOSH it's so good to see you!!!

tumblr_og17cwoyug1usc9y9o1_540.gif?w=639

I totally need to watch this again, I mean, yeeeeee!

<3333333333333333333333333

Accurate hug gif <3

REMATCH PARTY!!!!

• Like 1

level 21 magic cat druid, doodlie for life

sucking at something is the first step to being sort of good at something

past challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Current

(old) Battle LogBattle Log

16 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Lots of achievement gets. Well done!

12 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

YAY DEAD HANG CHIN UPS!! This seems to deserve large doots.

11 hours ago, spooky said:

<3333333333333333333333333

THANK YOU GUYS!  This has been a long time coming.  I hadn't tried a chin up for months so I hopped onto the pull up bar at home this weekend and gave it a go.  IT WORKED!  TA-DA!  I can only do one right now, I try to pull for the second one and get stopped halfway, but it'll come. ^___________^

Weekly Updates

tumblr_npgmt7IwNg1tjnx1vo1_540.jpg

(probably not but we have loads of phoenix downs so...??)

Not much updates today.  Rest day!  DOMS are 2/10, win win~

LIFT

[X] M  [ ] W  [ ] F

Nope, rest day today~

REPAIR

[ ] 1   [ ] 2   [ ] 3

Tonight this will happen.  Hamstrings.  HAMSTRINGS

NOURISH

MISC

[ ] Pay car registration by Friday

[ ] Plan upcoming expenditures - K's birthday gift, & send mother's day flowers

(will do this friday too)

[ ] Check in with petsitter to watch Finn next month

[ ] Make new donation box with pants & shorts

[X] Put alert on phone to buy Blackwatch Genji skin by the end of current Overwatch event if you don't get it in a loot box BY GOD THIS IS SO SAD ISN'T IT

SO SAD

I DID IT

I think my Mortal Curse is to always be the one who changes the toilet paper roll.

At home? K will leave one square on the roll 9/10 times.

At work? Clients will leave two squares on 9/10 times.  There is a table with a new roll of toiler paper right next to the wall-mounted roll.  Hey, hey, look at it.

Even at a restaurant this weekend the roll in the restroom had one square left on it.  .... I changed it.

WHY IS THIS MY FATE!?!?!??!  Buuwwaauugghh~~~

• Like 7

3 hours ago, shaar said:

WHY IS THIS MY FATE!?!?!??!  Buuwwaauugghh~~~

If it helps you feel any better, I'm the only one at home who changes the roll. My wife will use the last of it, take a new roll out of the package, and then put the new roll anywhere except where it's supposed to go.

• Like 2

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

3 hours ago, shaar said:

At home? K will leave one square on the roll 9/10 times.

There is a special place in Hell reserved for people who leave one square on the roll of toilet paper, right next to the special place reserved for people who do not rack their weights.

• Like 2

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

DEADHANG CHIN-UP!!!!!

*congratulatory dooting*

• Like 1

Big Show: Human Swift Hunter

Respawning. One day at a time.

Battle Log: Operation Wedding Suit - Take 2

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 

21 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

If it helps you feel any better, I'm the only one at home who changes the roll. My wife will use the last of it, take a new roll out of the package, and then put the new roll anywhere except where it's supposed to go.

We are the bearers of this burden, wherever we go, it seems.  We toil mercilessly in the trenches so other people can wipe their stuff~

21 hours ago, Urgan said:

Is aptly named.

Literal Freudian slip there; the toil is real..

21 hours ago, Sam Ashen said:

There is a special place in Hell reserved for people who leave one square on the roll of toilet paper, right next to the special place reserved for people who do not rack their weights.

Across the hallway from people that come to doctor's appointments late with no paperwork????

:angel::panda:

21 hours ago, Big_Show said:

DEADHANG CHIN-UP!!!!!

*congratulatory dooting*

HONK HONK YAAAAAASS

• Like 6