» captain's log [shaar: v. battle log]

2 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I love hummingbirds.We had to take down our feeder as it was attracting ants. Our rhododendron bush has tons of bumblebees. I love to sit and watch them. 

I'm really tempted to abuse my mod powers and edit your post to include an "-og" rhyme.

• Haha 2

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

On 5/20/2019 at 1:51 PM, shaar said:

Maybe drinking some eggnog?!!?

Gosh my head is filled with ridiculous ideas now................

THIS JUST IN: a hummingbird came to our hummingbird feeder today and it was DELIGHTFUL!!!!! Also our front flowering shrubs are full of bumblebees that I say hi to every day when I get home from work - HI BOMBLYBEES~ - I love to watch them, so soft and fuzzy and GOOD <3

I love hummingbirds.We had to take down our feeder as it was attracting ants. Our rhododendron bush has tons of bumblebees. I love to sit and watch them. 

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Just now, Elastigirl said:

You should. I totally messed up the poetry you had going.:smile-new:

Seeing bees makes me so happy I could jog

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

On 5/21/2019 at 2:08 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

We're a great machine in which each of us forms a cog.

On 5/21/2019 at 4:10 PM, Elastigirl said:

On 5/21/2019 at 6:12 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'm really tempted to abuse my mod powers and edit your post to include an "-og" rhyme.

On 5/21/2019 at 7:10 PM, Elastigirl said:

You should. I totally messed up the poetry you had going.:smile-new:

Seeing bees makes me so happy I could jog

GOSH the rhyming is SERIOUS around these parts dawg

(see i kept it going a little)

I have to change the sugar in the feeder every 3-4 days because some ants do get up there, although not a ton, thankfully!  We get SO many hummingbirds!!!  I was outside looking at the other plants yesterday and one was hanging out like 2 feet from me eating!!! AAAAA <3

The bees are in our rhododendrons too!!!!  SO CUTE ^____________^

Hi guys, a quick update from lunch~ <3

I'm doing good this week, hit the gym once on Tuesday but I'm holding off on legs 'cause I'm flying to NYC tomorrow and I'm gonna be doing a LOT OF WALKING over the long weekend!!!  I LITERALLY CANNOT WAIT oh man we've got all kinds of fun stuff planned and I'll probably be pretty scarce until next week, but be sure I'll post a bunch of pictures on Instagram EVERY DARN DAY :3

Work's been BUSY but good!!  I'm trying to drink more water in the morning before drinking my coffee to stay hydrated better and try and help out my dry skin throughout the day but it's hARD 'cause sometimes I get stuck in traffic on my way in and I GOTTA PEE AND JEEEEEZ TRYING TO BE HYDRATED IS HARD

Hope y'all are having a good week, TTYS!!!! <3

• Like 7

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

HERE YOU ARE I FOUND YOU

ENJOY THE CRAP OUT OF NEW YORK

ALSO LET ME KNOW IF YOU PASS THROUGH OUR NATION'S CAPITAL BECAUSE GOSH DARN I WOULD GRAB THE NEXT TRAIN TO COME SEE YOU

• Like 1

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 53

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

Hello!  I hope you're having a great day!  :-)

• Like 1

Level 48 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

HI GUYS HI GUYS HI HI HI

Sorry I kinda fell off the face there!  I'm also SUPER BAD at keeping up with Facebook, like I don't have it on my phone at all so I'll get a message and be all OH YEAH I'll look at that when I get home, and then absolutely forget. Ehehehe.....

ANYWAYS.  UPDATE TIME!!

I'm super busy lately but everything is good!!  Work is going awesome, I had a review last month and got a raise so WOO HOO!!!  I've been there 5 months now and the time has like seriously flown by!  I LOVE IT THERE, we work hard and some days are crazy but we have a lot of fun and everyone there is just real smart and determined and we all get along so well.  I have a great time there and have very few 'bad days'. I'm really glad~

Summer has taken a LONG TIME to get here guys, like wow, like it finally hit 80 this past Sunday (yesterday).  It's still fairly chilly at night but I FRICKIN LOVE.  IIIIIIT.  After spending a decade in the sweltering Carolinas where your windows are foggy by 8am because it's so hot and humid out this is a HASHBROWN BLESSING.  I'm able to get outside and enjoy myself and not sweat like a bandit (do bandits sweat a lot??) every minute and it's AWESOME.  It's funny cause my coworkers have been honking waiting for beach weather and I'm over here in total eskimo mode like HEHEHEHEHEH~

I've been getting outside more often lately but fitness has absolutely taken a backseat and I'm very okay with the realization that it's not a priority right now.  I haven't been to the gym since New York, so probably a month ago?  And it's ok, I've had other things that I've wanted to focus on more (getting into a good work groove, getting outside and exploring more) so there's that.  The expansion for the game I play a lot, FFXIV, drops Friday so that'll take up a good month or so of my time after work and on weekends so that's a priority for me right now.  I have a FC that I lead of about... 12-ish people?  That takes a lot of my time too, and will moving forward as we tackle content and stuff and I work on more recruiting; I love leading and it's a ton of fun, and my FC members are all rad people. <3  This is a big priority right now for me so it's kinda taken the forefront!

I'm thinking right now when my gaming responsibilities and summertime kinda calm down I'll hop back on the challenge wagon and get back into a regular gym schedule again.  My big issue is finding time to get on the forums consistently; I used to be able to forum daily at work but this job is super strict about internetting on the job, so it's been a challenge for me to carve out time on my lunch hour or after work when I'm trying to gym, etc.  I'll try to figure something out moving forward!  (I'm making this post from the waiting room at the mechanic, FWIW - my tire has a slow leak...)

Right now overall tho' I'm real happy with where I'm at and how everything is going!! ^_____________^  I'm gonna go follow y'all's new stuff and hopefully be able to comment more often than not in the future!!! (??? WE'LL SEE???)

<3333333333333

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Urgan said:

They do if they get caught....

giphy.gif

Hi I missed you and your gif game

3 minutes ago, shaar said:

Hi I missed you and your gif game

Hai, same and if only that was a job that earned money lol.

• Like 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

16 hours ago, shaar said:

I'm also SUPER BAD at keeping up with Facebook, like I don't have it on my phone at all so I'll get a message and be all OH YEAH I'll look at that when I get home, and then absolutely forget.

Life hack: Follow and message shaar on Instagram

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (6)🍳🍳🍳🍳Fitness (1),  Gourmet Cooking (2)👨‍🍳👨‍🍳, Handiness (0), Media Production (6), Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1),  Video Gaming (3), Wellness (1)💆‍♂️

Hi!  I hope you're having a great week!

Level 48 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

tenor.gif 

• Like 3

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 53

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

Hello Hl greetings I am deciding to reinstate this battle log because keeping up with a challenge every 4 weeks is NIGH UNATTAINABLE 

This way I can post and keep something going without it disappearing every month and a half so that’s kinda where I’m at right now. :3

Things are generally going VERY WELL and I will make a more thorough update later, I am at work on lunch and also somehow made the keyboard on my iPad VERY SMALL and I don’t k ow how to fix it and typin is hard

help I’m old hahahahahaaaaa

❤️❤️❤️❤️

• Like 5

Kid Waving GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

HI everyone!  Wow has it been a while huh.

I've been quietly struggling with never being able to finish a challenge lately - I get into it and all of a sudden those 4-5 weeks BLOW by and my thread is obsolete and I'm just like, whaaaaa?? Time is crazy lately (says the time mage lol) and I'm VERY BUSY! Which is a good thing!  But I miss being HERE and the other day something just went BINGGGGG in my head like a duh-shaar lightbulb - YOUR BATTLE LOG NEVER DISAPPERS YOU BOZO.

So I'm necromancing this mother right outta the crypt YESSSS EXCELLENT~ :3

I'll try to post as often as I can but if not, this will always BE HERE, and I can still keep checking on my friends progress too, WIN WIN SITUATION Y'ALL.

hirata30 Tumblr blog with posts - Tumbral.com

So, what's up over in my quiet woodsy life?  Bullet point tiiiime~

- I am well into my groove of powerlifting 3x weekly and as of two weeks ago have been on a gentle calorie deficit.  I was able to fit into a pair of pants that were given to my MONTHS ago and at the time I couldn't even get them up over my thighs and forget about buttoning them, but I wore them Thursday and they fit like a glove!  Also wore a tank top Friday I had been too "puffy" to wear comfortably and now it just fits.  Fitness and nutrition WORKS Y'ALL.  I'm so so so so so over the moon to be lifting heavy again, even if "heavy" right now is right around 100 pounds for a squat and deadlift, hehehe.

- I AM FINALLY TAKING MY BOAT OUT for the first time this weekend!!!  Long story short - I wanted a kayak so bad last spring but then Pandemic and they were unable to be found, anywhere.  I finally found one THIS FEBRUARY - yes in winter - because they sell THAT fast and managed to purchase and drag it home for storage. I haven't taken it out yet because I didn't have proper roof racks for transport on my car - I finally sized and ordered those in May, and thanks to Pandemic they have been on BACK ORDER until last week, when I finally got them Wednesday. Ao and I had a hell of a time installing them on my car and I almost had a 500% AOE Screaming Meltdown because for a minute it seemed they were the WRONG SIZE but we were just being idiots and now the racks are on - all that's left is to get my boat from my mom's basement and WOOOOO~  Pictures will come, promise :3

- Work is very busy but GREAT. I'm co-head of our newly created Event Planning Committee (which I like to call the Garden Festival Team in my head a la FF8) and we've already planned and executed our big company summer BBQ and other smaller events - we rented a slushy machine for a week so we could have slushies ANYTIME - do you KNOW how messy a slushy machine is??? OMG never again hahaha - and we're about to work on a clothing donation event for local homeless shelters and make blankets for needy children!  We're splitting the company into 2 teams and pitting them against each other in a DONATION COMPETITION and it's gonna be so great nyahahaaaa :3

- Boyfriend (hence Ao) and I have been together for a year and wow it's been the best year.  We communicate so well and value each other's needs and emotions and just get along so unbelievably well sometimes we're still like "is this real?" 50/10 happy ❤️ 

- Uhhh let's see, VIDEO GAMES!  I'm still playing FFXIV off and on but there's not much happening until the next xpac in November, I HAVE been playing Swords of Legends Online which is absolute xianxia bullshit and I AM TOTALLY HERE FOR IT.  It's so pretty and I'm really enjoying myself~  (Screenshots of my reaper Jaizhe under the cut!)

Spoiler

2021-7-24-18-38-23.jpg.2c2eb162f630cc017b6fb03ed1ec36ee.jpg

2021-7-18-11-19-3.jpg.cfc255be230dd9baa37e745f02fb8293.jpg

2021-7-28-17-34-56.jpg.8fd1c664a5e4669f3a5cfacd467517e0.jpg

2021-7-25-18-3-46.jpg.a4d848dc2b456e4696cb5b16f5a221d1.jpg

I have so many screenshots of this game ahahaaaa...

OKAY COOL that's all for now, I'm going to finish drinking my coffee and tooling around the forums for a bit ❤️❤️ Thanks for listening and visiting, talk soon!!!!!!!!!

• Like 5

22 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

A healthy relationship after a troubled one is doubly amazing. I'm very happy for you.

It really really is.  All of the big thankles~ ❤️

HAPPY SUNDAY FRANDS!

I'm working on this update between standing around in FFXIV waiting for my dungeon queues to pop (a.k.a multitasking)  - today is definitely a Rest Day because yesterday was a 500% GO GO GO day and I am wiped the fark out.  Here are the things that happened:

- I went to the gym!  HOORAY!  I hoped to deadlift but sweet buttery kittens it sure was packed for a beautiful Saturday morning and 99% of the racks were full, so I adapted to CHEST AND BACK DAY.  Bench press is up to 65#, today's workout also featured regular rows AND one armed rows, and skullcrushers.  I purposely kept this light because...

- MY VERY FIRST KAYAK ADVENTURE ~ ~ ~  Dude do you know how hard it is to LUG A 35 POUND UNWIELDY-ASS BOAT AROUND?!!?!/!/ And hurk it up onto your car and them climb on your car like a fucking spider monkey tying it down and driving around hoping it doesn't fly off into the stratosphere or someone's windshield, and THEN taking it OFF your car and hoping it doesn't fall on you like a potato sack??  Waaaay more work than I thought.  Can I just say I'm SO glad I strength train, I never would have been able to do this myself at ALL otherwise, and honestly it was still a fuckin' challenge and I absolutely sliced the fuck out of my finger and bled all over my boat so it is officially mine now, the blood pact has been formed.

0?ui=2&ik=17a6c4f18e&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-a:r268841869036405766&th=17b25eca82960297&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ_c--TN83k72y3Cbov9uP7U6eugQtpao6EQWJWxueRbKofiRa4tNRVXFle3dAwzVwmfAuJQcVbc2hKjZdZUR6xnZ5Es8UAW3rw50Bh8Lq1qZS1MP66fmh3lkHo&disp=emb&realattid=17b25ec59fb65b225594

Pics spoilered for bigness

Spoiler

0?ui=2&ik=17a6c4f18e&attid=0.3&permmsgid=msg-a:r268841869036405766&th=17b25eca82960297&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ9OqqWyYDISxU4I9zM6kjeu_-0-rUiXLfxqSZS-uBHw3RyBLbqGyzq024yDFiP2Ppmg8kApCHv7ElCmTUqxfFcaaR5AEWdrfH6mq2T7tnq8O1qmV-b5Z8PWmkQ&disp=emb&realattid=17b25ec268c705928603

0?ui=2&ik=17a6c4f18e&attid=0.2&permmsgid=msg-a:r268841869036405766&th=17b25eca82960297&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ-mPJDAGjXS5BOCyrMh9DXx0hvUOdgcl8ndXWMcZ-p1MChyv25Yscg0VSOq23TFePaL_VwtB2QRdyF77hx2AoUTRZm-T7pd38iNx6B0k80tKLpFF58zC7VUwoI&disp=emb&realattid=17b25ec07845a814b5a2

0?ui=2&ik=17a6c4f18e&attid=0.4&permmsgid=msg-a:r268841869036405766&th=17b25eca82960297&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ8Xku6bQIwDU4FUCq69PZtVMQmFNJBYgX7gXzFNBNS_bzaAyAf4OTgcPzbz9HF2UQ1DGcjiWitjzgfydPtLlvDBkoPHzXsKfDaOMLobPfLYP9HPLuCc37hGe30&disp=emb&realattid=17b25ec8533905ab95d5

I went to a local state park near my house, it was so pretty and quiet and serene and bug-fee, a couple times FISH jumped out of the water and spooked me and I about flipped my shit over completely but maaaaan.  20/10.  So HYPE.

I am sore as hell today tho' after gym PLUS lugging this sucker around and getting it out of the water and dragging it up a STEEP SAND BANK with less than optimal shoes on - also hurking a wet slippery kayak back up onto your car is way harder than doing it when it's dry - so today is a rest day fo sho.

Except for the walk I'm gonna take around the neighborhood in a little bit~ :3

• Like 4