» captain's log [shaar: v. battle log]

My hyperbole has gotten me out of a personal meltdown more than once! ^^

After Freak-Out mode my brain immediately jumps into Fix-It mode so I'm prepared for whatever comes with at least 12 options on how to deal with it.  I'm still kind of bummed out but I'm never avoidant from conflict, so I've got that going for me, which is nice :D

tumblr_oago3sOi8d1rqonxyo1_r1_500.png

(Faking my death and changing my name was certainly NOT one of my plan options, oh no, bahaha~)

I am really proud that when things get crappy I don't eat all the bad things.  Yesterday I treated myself to a small individual size pack of Cadbury Mini Eggs because, omnomnom chocolate solves all, and that was it. *o*  Played a lot of Overwatch and sobbed on the couch a little like a lunatic but it got all the stress and bad juju out so I'm ready to move forward again!

Also;

I AM WRITING THIS FROM MY NEW CHROMEBOOK!!!!! It is so smol and adorable!!!! I immediately slapped a FFXV wallpaper on the screen so anyone knows it's mine, heheh. XD  The keys are soft and tiny and go 'pap pap' when I type.  pap pap pap pap~~~~

Today I have to get together a grocery list and meal plan for next week - it is my STAYCATION but I want to have lunches for myself for most days, I'll pick one day to treat myself to something take-out.  K and I are meeting some friends for dinner tonight so I have to put on my Happy and Competent Adult Face which shouldn't be too hard because a. friends and b. food.  We're going to a delicious Italian place and I already know what I want, spinach salad with grilled salmon.  Past Shaar would have gotten lasagna.  

I want to wax philosophical about long-term habit building and dietary achievements but I'll do that next time maybe~ :)

• Like 8

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Have you considered monetizing your hyperbolizing skillz? There is so a market for it. Seriously though, AC costs hit hard, and know no mercy. I hope it isn't half the nightmare promised.

• Like 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

Enjoy the Italian place! And enjoy your papping!

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Big Show: Human Swift Hunter

Respawning. One day at a time.

Battle Log: Operation Wedding Suit - Take 2

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 

8 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Faking your death should always be kept in reserve as an option. The big question is what do you do next.

Fake your Resurrection, obviously.

• Like 4

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

21 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Faking your death should always be kept in reserve as an option. The big question is what do you do next.

13 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Fake your Resurrection, obviously.

I feel this combo could easily lead to either a. Jail Time or b. a spot on Maury.  Both might mean publicity though, which might mean sponsors, which might mean $$$.  Hmmmmmm.

17 hours ago, Urgan said:

Have you considered monetizing your hyperbolizing skillz? There is so a market for it. Seriously though, AC costs hit hard, and know no mercy. I hope it isn't half the nightmare promised.

GiveMeYourProblemsAndIWillMakeThemFunny.net

We're really hoping for a bandaid fix for now.  Ugh.  Home ownership is for the birds, we should have sold last year!!

16 hours ago, Big_Show said:

Enjoy the Italian place! And enjoy your papping!

I eated:

- 4 pieces of smallbread slices (my biggest whoopsie)

- spinach salad with salmon (stuck to my meal plan!)

- 1 piece of meatball pizza (whoopsie)

All worth it though, I was STUFFED by the end, and amazed at how much I used to eat because my food capacity for heavy stuff has gone way down..

New Week Setup Post coming shortly wheee~

• Like 7

All right double post cause this is MY HOUSE

Week Begin!

cd38a50d5133cbcdca46da01f3b6d973ce23e997

My plan now is to take this sucker week by week and eventually maybe transition to a monthly-setup IDK let's see how it works. I'd still like to allot myself a level and some stat points each month because that's important to me? March is halfway through so it's a good test point. :)

So, weekly schedule to keep my butt accountable:

[M] Gym morning; push workout; try not to freak out about home repairs.  Deal with it as it comes. (hey shaar you are doing great, keep it up!)

[T] Gym morning; pull workout; last day of very short work week, let's be SUPER EFFICIENT and Get Shit Done~

[W] ~*~STAYCATION BEGINS~*~ Rest day from gym, insert Staycation Goals [listed below] as needed

[Th] Staycation - Gym Morning; legs workout

[F] Staycation - Rest day from gym, insert Staycation Goals [listed below] as needed

[Sa/Su] Weekend-o!, plans unsure but likely vidya games and meal planning for upcoming week.

This week is my upcoming and MUCH NEEDED Staycation and I've made myself a small list of fun and also practical goals I want to accomplish because I will have 5 days...

Staycation Goals

- Take Marshall's gift card from CHRISTMAS and go buy some clothes

- Go to Duck Donuts and get a goddamn donut, seriously, you've been smelling them for months now just go

- Sort and clean out all home closets, Pack v. Purge

- FINISH FFXV (maybe)

- Choose warmest day and get the hell outside for a little bit and take some photos ok?

- TREAT YO'SELF to lunch out somewhere one day!!

tumblr_odoqrd6LHA1u6i0ico2_500.gif

I think I'm pretty set for the upcoming week and whatever it will bring.  I bought myself some new preworkout yesterday because I ran out, and today is lunch prep day - this week is gonna be a glazed ham steak with brown rice and brussels sprouts - so I'll get on that in a bit.

The sun is out and that rules, hey, I'll take any little bit of shininess right now! ^_________^ Onward!!!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, shaar said:

GiveMeYourProblemsAndIWillMakeThemFunny.net

We're really hoping for a bandaid fix for now.  Ugh.  Home ownership is for the birds, we should have sold last year!!

#bardskills

Hindsight is a jerk.

• Like 1

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Ah, a Gladio gif.

Is it bad to have a crush on a video game character?

• Like 1

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 

30 minutes ago, Big_Show said:

Ah, a Gladio gif.

Auron. 'Nuff said.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Big_Show said:

Ah, a Gladio gif.

NOPE

NOT AT ALL

I love it when Prompto randomly asks me who I want more photos of, K's always like YUP GLADIO AGAIN HUH

• Like 2

11 hours ago, shaar said:

The sun is out and that rules, hey, I'll take any little bit of shininess right now! ^_________^

Yessss shininess!! <3 The weather here has been fabulous, I am so excited about it. Sunshine does wonders for one's mental state. ^_^ 

Yay staycation! I hope you have an AMAZING 5 DAYS OFF!! From your staycation task list, it sounds like you will!! 

Your batch cook sounds amazing and delicious ;____;

6 hours ago, Big_Show said:

Pfffft. Who DOESN'T?? Hey, at least you have visuals. I have crushes on more book characters than I can count. :P

• Like 1

Weekly Updates

HOLY BANANAS Y'ALL my lunch this week is amazing.  A m a z i n g.  It stinks up the office microwave but you know who doesn't give a damn, it's me~

giphy.gif

Step 1. Make a batch of brown rice!  Portion a serving each into your tupperware containers!!!!!!

STEP 2.  GET A HAM STEAK OK.  Throw that goddamn sucker into your crock pot.  Yeah you may need to cut it up but just throw it in trust me on this one ok. I put a little apple cider vinegar in there too because all the websites said to and I'm not really sure if it helped or not but it made me feel better to do it.

Step 3.  Take your favorite mustard and honey and throw a shit ton in there.  IDK how much, just blop it on in there.  Maybe like 1/8 cup each if you wanna get technical.  Just look at it, you'll know.  I used a little splash of something else, I forget what, but go with your gut man.  [edit] WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE

Step 4.  Cook on low for 3 hours?  It doesn't take long.  Omnomnom.  Cut your ham into smaller eatable pieces in the crock pot and then add BRUSSELS SPROUTS.  BOY OH BOY I used maybe like, 2 handfuls, stir 'em all up in there reeeeeeeeal nice and let it all sit for another hour or two.

Step 5.  Drain residual liquid if there is any and scoop that shit on top of your rice and prepare to be WOWIE ZOWIE at lunchtime!!!  Make sure to remove the ham bone or else you're gonna have a bad time.

BAM LUNCH.  I ate it all while I was typing this~ *o*

LIFTING

Went especially well today!

Barbell Bench

45x10x2

65x5x3

70x5x3

Knuckle Push-Ups

8x1

5x3

Supersetted between bench - I can't do regular flat-palm push ups right now because it puts too much strain on my cranky wrist, so I did them on my fists instead because WHY NOT, it actually felt easier, and I think I slightly intimidated Kid That Might Want me to Join a Biker Gang but he kept lifting near me all morning so maybe it just increased my chances of getting recruited as Bike Squad Lieutenant or something.

EZ Bar Skullcrushers

40x8x3

Hammer Curls

20x8x3

Arnold Press

20x8x1

20x6x2

(starting to gas out here ok)

Lateral Raise

10x6x3

HOW WIMPY, the end~

Jeez Louise my arms were capital D DONE after that.  I couldn't push another thing if I tried.  Putting on eyeliner was terrifying.

tumblr_my0ckoNrhF1rkrwg5o1_400.gif

ART

I drew two roosters yesterday, and another today,  NO REALLY, roosters; I drew them yesterday while waiting in queue for Overwatch matches, because one of Bastion's skins has him holding a rooster, and I was like, welp while I wait I'm gonna draw this bird.  Cutes.

MOBILITY

Sigh wrist.  Still working on it.  I feel like I'm making slow progress but so slow that it is almost minuscule or maybe backwards.

BRAINS

All things considered this weekend treated me really well.  I played some video games, actually got out and socialized at TWO DIFFERENT PLACES (stop the presses), and overall I'm staying pretty afloat.  For now.  Currently.  ... :)

• Like 6

1 hour ago, shaar said:

Step 1. Make a batch of brown rice!  Portion a serving each into your tupperware containers!!!!!!

STEP 2.  GET A HAM STEAK OK.  Throw that goddamn sucker into your crock pot.  Yeah you may need to cut it up but just throw it in trust me on this one ok. I put a little apple cider vinegar in there too because all the websites said to and I'm not really sure if it helped or not but it made me feel better to do it.

Step 3.  Take your favorite mustard and honey and throw a shit ton in there.  IDK how much, just blop it on in there.  Maybe like 1/8 cup each if you wanna get technical.  Just look at it, you'll know.  I used a little splash of something else, I forget what, but go with your gut man.  [edit] WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE

Step 4.  Cook on low for 3 hours?  It doesn't take long.  Omnomnom.  Cut your ham into smaller eatable pieces in the crock pot and then add BRUSSELS SPROUTS.  BOY OH BOY I used maybe like, 2 handfuls, stir 'em all up in there reeeeeeeeal nice and let it all sit for another hour or two.

Step 5.  Drain residual liquid if there is any and scoop that shit on top of your rice and prepare to be WOWIE ZOWIE at lunchtime!!!  Make sure to remove the ham bone or else you're gonna have a bad time.

BAM LUNCH.  I ate it all while I was typing this~ *o*

:o AAAAAAA that sounds incredible!! <3 <3 (dangit, now I'm hungry xD)

15 hours ago, shaar said:

ART

I drew two roosters yesterday, and another today,  NO REALLY, roosters; I drew them yesterday while waiting in queue for Overwatch matches, because one of Bastion's skins has him holding a rooster, and I was like, welp while I wait I'm gonna draw this bird.  Cutes.

2017 is the year of the Rooster in China. Much good luck come to you. Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out to it. Lucky numbers: 1, 8, 17, 25, 54, 55 

• Like 3

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (6)🍳🍳🍳🍳Fitness (1)💪,  Gourmet Cooking (2)👨‍🍳👨‍🍳, Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1),  Video Gaming (3), Wellness (1)💆‍♂️

19 hours ago, Shadri said:

:o AAAAAAA that sounds incredible!! <3 <3 (dangit, now I'm hungry xD)

All the food talk around these forums is great for inspiration but also for getting the hungries!!

5 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

2017 is the year of the Rooster in China. Much good luck come to you. Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out to it. Lucky numbers: 1, 8, 17, 25, 54, 55 

But swimming is CARDIO, aka an Unforgivable Sin

I'm gonna play those numbers on the Powerball and if I win the big Amerikan Dollars you'll get a cut.

Weekly Updates

Today I got up half an hour earlier than I normally do for the gym so I could get there early and take my time on my deadlifts. Who am I anymore?!!?!  (Other instances of Who Am I Anymore, or WAIA, incoming.)

Today's workout seriously wiped me.  Past me from like 6 months ago would have gone to Chik Fil A for a chicken egg and cheese biscuit to replenish the fuel tank, but instead I went to Trader Joe's and got some rosemary chicken breast and white bean hummus and ate a serving of each at work.  (WAIA?!!?!)

Deadlifts

95x8x1

105x5x2

115x5x2

135x3x5

155x2x1 (PR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Thanks to Oops Plate Math I accidentally deadlifted an additional 10 more pounds than I intended... because as you know when you slap two 10lbs onto a bar it EQUALS OUT TO 20 POUNDS TOTAL YA DIPSTICK

GIF.gif

I meant to add 10 lbs total instead of 10lbs on each side.  Wrong plates.  Barbell brain.  No wonder I could only pull 2 reps of that and the second one was a real Hallelujah Hail Mary.  But wowie zowie I did it!!!!!  Felt solid but a struggle, so win.  Working on my hip hinge and not being skeered to lean backwards on the pull~

I was honestly wiped by the end of these, just setting up for DL's is a workout in and of itself; until I hit 135 I have to stack the bar on two flat 25lbs because we don't have bumper plates and I need the height so yay.  Lots of heaving and shuffling.  The rest of my lifts came in pretty low with a lot of effort but I ain't even mad, also still dealing with yesterday's DOMS, etc.

Upright Row

30x8x3

Bent Dumbbell Row

30x8x3

Seated Row

55x8x3

70x6x3

Cable Twist

20x8x3

Stepped on the scale before my shower and it read 124.  1 2 4 I haven't seen that number in 12 years???  WAIA!??!?!!

I really really REALLY am immensely happy with how I look lately. (w a i a for real)  I am lean and muscled and the "trouble spots" that I used to hate - ugh thighs, ugh hips, blah blah wiggly under arms - are all smoothing out and the fat loss is real.  I feel like some kind of confidently powerful well-trained machine person who, while I have been lifting for a while, am actually at a point where I feel I can point to myself and say that I'm really "fit".  I've known for a while that it all really takes consistency but realizations like this really drive it home, I've been lifting for years and slowly but very surely tinkering with my nutrition over years and failing and trying and failing but always trying, and it takes literal years but everything will eventually just click if you keep trying.  And it's so so so worth the time and effort.

tumblr_omtfwlHxEJ1uu0aywo1_500.gif

NEAT!

TL;DR; deadlift PR, having a Feeling Good day so far, awesome job let's go team!!!! *^________^*

• Like 10

On 3/21/2017 at 11:41 AM, Urgan said:

It's a happy shaar kinda day. 

I will take each one that I can get!

STAYCATION UPDATES

Oh my goodness mother truckin STAY CATION TIME IS NOW

I am sitting on my couch in my pink fluffy robe watching 2012, what a terrible movie, but you know, daytime movies. Woody Harrelson has seriously been yelling for like 10 minutes.  Sigh.  Earlier on I watched part of LEPRECHAUN IN THE HOOD before I just couldn't anymore.  Wow.  I'll take 2012.

Best news ever today, likely the best news of 2017, I talked to the HVAC repair folks and they don't need to replace the unit.  Repair estimate came in at a sweet 3 digit number.  (While still a higher end of 3 digits it wasn't 4 digits which I am very thankful for!!!)  BLESS THIS MESS, for real, tonight we will make a plan and tomorrow I'll call to schedule it.  Then we fix it and SELLLLLLLLLL THE HOUSE.

I feel like we dodged a major bullet.  Like one of those explode on contact and wipe out all of your existence bullets.

Then I played some Overwatch and got a Play of the Game as GENJI, why do I love Genji so much, little jumpy spaz cyborg ninja with a bad past, good grief.  I love you Genji.

genji_wallpaper___overwatch_by_gramcyyy-

Yo here are some roosters:

Spoiler

Tomorrow is LEG DAY.  I am so full of DOMS today.  Good grief.  Epsom salt bath later will be necessary.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, shaar said:

Best news ever today, likely the best news of 2017, I talked to the HVAC repair folks and they don't need to replace the unit.  Repair estimate came in at a sweet 3 digit number.  (While still a higher end of 3 digits it wasn't 4 digits which I am very thankful for!!!)  BLESS THIS MESS, for real, tonight we will make a plan and tomorrow I'll call to schedule it.  Then we fix it and SELLLLLLLLLL THE HOUSE.

I feel like we dodged a major bullet.  Like one of those explode on contact and wipe out all of your existence bullets.

Best possible news. What a relief. Enjoy the staycation and try to decompress from the HVAC scare~

• Like 1

Yay Deadlifts and Staycation and poverty AC!

• Like 1

Genji looks like Zer0 from Borderlands 2

borderlands__zero__render__by_darkstriik

Does he also do haikoos?

• Like 1

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (6)🍳🍳🍳🍳Fitness (1)💪,  Gourmet Cooking (2)👨‍🍳👨‍🍳, Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1),  Video Gaming (3), Wellness (1)💆‍♂️

On March 22, 2017 at 11:23 AM, shaar said:

YESSSSSSSSS HOORAY!!!

• Like 1
On 3/22/2017 at 8:37 PM, Urgan said:

Best possible news. What a relief. Enjoy the staycation and try to decompress from the HVAC scare~

17 hours ago, Shadri said:

YESSSSSSSSS HOORAY!!!

On 3/23/2017 at 11:19 AM, Big_Show said:

Yay Deadlifts and Staycation and poverty AC!

HUZZAH TO ALL!!!  I need to clean out my closet now so they can get to the attic to fix stuff.  Ah, next week.........

On 3/22/2017 at 9:27 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

Bad movies and video games are the best. Enjoy.

Maaaan I thought of you the other day, and that old Vietnamese TV show thing you saw at a restaurant - we now get this channel called HI-YAH! (culturally amazing, right?) and it is pretty much just an on-demand channel of old Asian cinema.  A lot of it is Bruce Lee stuff and things like Five Element Ninjas but there are some newer horror films on there too.  The selection is massive.  I watched a movie about a (supposedly) time-travely sarcastic Chinese detective/surgeon with an eagle as a pet the other day?? The eagle came out during key scenes when the Chinese orchestral music and singing happened. It was great.

On 3/24/2017 at 4:05 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

Genji looks like Zer0 from Borderlands 2

borderlands__zero__render__by_darkstriik

Does he also do haikoos?

YEAH he does look like Zer0!  Man I tried to play B2 and failed so hard.  I wonder if I could play it now.  Probably.  No catchy poems but he does sass-talk you in Japanese if you get enough of his voice lines. :3

• Like 3