» captain's log [shaar: v. battle log]

22 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Shaar thought about me? *swoon*

I'd watch the heck out of that channel.

Not many humans I've encountered have an affinity for old Eastern cinema, welcome to our tiny club, here is your small samurai sword handed down through your family for generations from your great great great Grandfather whos sensei was Lei Gong the mystical Chinese thunder god.

I tried to look back at my watch history to see what that movie was but it has MYSTERIOUSLY DISAPPEARED.  I even tried Google searching things like "old chinese detective movie with an eagle" and "detective character named ken roof jump coin toss sly doctor china" but I seriously can't find it anywhere.  Not even on the TV Guide.  I wonder if I imagined it...

22 hours ago, ixaera said:

tumblr_m5zweabhIU1ql0l7mo1_250.gif

I'm a tad late but HIIIII

LET'S GET THIS SHIP GOOOOING

*now powered with 100% figs

• Like 6

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Week Wrapup

Gosh, Staycation went great A++++ perfect.  I'm well rested and didn't overindulge in bad food - I had 3 pieces of pizza over the course of lunch and dinner yesterday and that was easily the worst - and I have a nice glass of chardonnay waiting for me this afternoon. :)  The only thing I DIDN'T do over my days off was go to the donut shop... ugh... I just couldn't justify it.  Lame.  LAME.  Also I didn't really have a donut craving.... so why not not, eh?

giphy.gif

I did some shopping and delighted myself with finding out that most of my purchases were size S.  Wow.  Wowow.  The things, they are working.  Did a lot of housecleaning and crap purging and repaired our brokeass shower curtain that almost fell on my head and took me out.  Took down a wasp nest on the front porch that I'd been avoiding but it's getting warmer and I'll be danged if they come back and use it again!!

I'm sitting on the couch typing this and watching Rocky III.  Mr. T is a serious dick in this, I forgot!!  Rocky IV was on last night and I've always kinda felt bad for Drago, especially at the end.  I don't feel bad for Apollo.  Stay humble or GET REKT

LIFTING

First week back at it after a rest week went GREAT!  Man those DOMS though.  I also got to deal with Shark Week about halfway through (oh joy) but that's gone now so adios, let's go Monday!!

ART

I haven't drawn much!  I have been writing lots more than usual though, and that's happy and fun. :):)

MOBILITY

Each day I've been home I've pulled out my yoga mat and done a half hour stretch/mobility drill session for the sore spots while the TV is on.  It's SUPER effective!!  I even managed to avoid a day-long headache yesterday by just getting moving and targeting my traps and lats more.  Good stuff 100% good, good stuff (good stuff)

BRAINS

I am persevering and surviving and this is awesome.  I've tackled our home repairs and have scheduled everything for the upcoming Friday.  I got some denied medical claims (and thusly bills) in the mail for things that -should- have been covered under my plan - I had a freak out moment because bills but then I reminded myself, hey dude, you work with insurance and you know why these are bunk and you are totally going to file your own appeals so I'm ready for that. This time off was definitely the right thing and I feel recharged and ready to gooooo!!!

• Like 7

6 hours ago, shaar said:

I did some shopping and delighted myself with finding out that most of my purchases were size S.  Wow.  Wowow.  The things, they are working.  Did a lot of housecleaning and crap purging and repaired our brokeass shower curtain that almost fell on my head and took me out.

Yay buying happy new things that fit and show you're reaching your goals.

The ninja strikes, silent and deadly.

• Like 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

Looks like you had an excellent staycation! Many rest, much relax.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Big Show: Human Swift Hunter

Respawning. One day at a time.

Battle Log: Operation Wedding Suit - Take 2

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 

18 hours ago, shaar said:

I'm sitting on the couch typing this and watching Rocky III.  Mr. T is a serious dick in this, I forgot!!  Rocky IV was on last night and I've always kinda felt bad for Drago, especially at the end.  I don't feel bad for Apollo.  Stay humble or GET REKT

Good point there. Which is what Rocky gets in Rocky III, actually. Fame gets to his head and Mr. T, dick as he may be, kicks his ass for it and whips him back to shape #realitycheck

knock-knock.gif

On 25/3/2017 at 3:38 PM, shaar said:

YEAH he does look like Zer0!  Man I tried to play B2 and failed so hard.  I wonder if I could play it now.  Probably

Judging by the "Play of the game" videos you've posted, you certainly could. Depends on the hero though. Zer0 is a precisionist sniper and his special ability to go NINJA INVISIBLE while leaving a decoy behind requires precision for the KILLSHOT OUTTA NOWHERE!

borderlands-2-intro-movie-zero-o.gif

Soldier's pretty balanced and I hear Sirens involve a lot of toying around with elemental damage weapons. Not sure how you'd manage more frantic classes like the gunzerker or MUTHAFAKKIN' KRIEG! (EPILEPSY WARNING!) For some reason, I can see you playing Gaige the Mechromancer tho

BL2_gaige.jpg

Kawai? - Check

Anime? - Check

Giant Robot buddy? - Check

Yeah, seems legit

• Like 2

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (7)Fitness (2)💪,  Gourmet Cooking (3), Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬🎬🎬🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1)📖 Video Gaming (3)🎮🎮, Wellness (2)

4 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Judging by the "Play of the game" videos you've posted, you certainly could. Depends on the hero though. Zer0 is a precisionist sniper and his special ability to go NINJA INVISIBLE while leaving a decoy behind requires precision for the KILLSHOT OUTTA NOWHERE!

Soldier's pretty balanced and I hear Sirens involve a lot of toying around with elemental damage weapons. Not sure how you'd manage more frantic classes like the gunzerker or MUTHAFAKKIN' KRIEG! (EPILEPSY WARNING!) For some reason, I can see you playing Gaige the Mechromancer tho

BL2_gaige.jpg

Kawai? - Check

Anime? - Check

Yeah, seems legit

Zer0 and Krieg are the hardest to play. I haven't played as Krieg yet, but he's pretty much melee. Zer0 can be played as a sniper, or as melee. You'll have a pretty weak build if you try to do both.

Axton (commando) is one of the easiest to play. You have a turret, and you can turn her into a pretty badass turret. My build gives me two turrets with rocket launchers, a shield, and they fire slag bullets (you do more damage to slagged enemies).

Maya (siren) is actually fairly easy to play, and one of the best to use in co-op. Her special ability is phaselock, basically immobilize enemy in floating orb of hurt. She's good in co-op cause you can give her a healer type build, but she's not a squishy healer.

Salvador (gunzerker) is shoot bullets and rockets everywhere. I haven't played him much, but I guess he'd be at a moderate difficulty. IDK, Salvador is my lucky character, he got 3 legendary weapons really early on, so I didn't have much difficulty. Your milage may vary.

Gaige is the next on my list to play. But I'm definitely looking forward to playing as her.

Once you get to a certain level, you pretty much need to toy around with elemental weapons to still be effective.

(Borderlands 1 has totally different characters, and I've only played as Mordecai. So I don't have nearly as much to say about that game.)

The good thing about the Borderlands games is that if you can play co-op (it has local and online), you don't actually have to be that good as long whoever you are playing with is decent. I started out pretty bad, but I gradually got better as I played them. (Can you tell I've played B2 a lot?)

Sorry that got a bit long...

• Like 3

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

3 hours ago, ixaera said:

Re: Borderlands 2

I'm terrible at FPS accuracy so I just played a turret Commando and let the AI aim for me :3

Yep, totally this!

Maya is good for "stand still so I can shoot you!"

My aim is... erratic? Sometimes I'll get some really good headshots. And then sometimes I can't hit something only a few feet away... I also have a habit of shooting enemies after they're already dead... <_<

On 3/26/2017 at 4:27 PM, Urgan said:

Yay buying happy new things that fit and show you're reaching your goals.

The ninja strikes, silent and deadly.

I'm kicking myself for only buying one well-fitting $10 dress.  Clearly I need to go back and get more this weekend...

House appliances, just scheming to bring us down!

On 3/27/2017 at 2:10 AM, Big_Show said:

Looks like you had an excellent staycation! Many rest, much relax.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

MUCH Z

Hey you've finished FFXV right?!!?11/13.,r5l.mg,d

I had to finish the game last night (I'd been putting it off for weeks because I KNEW) because you can't play DLC content with an uncompleted game and Episode Gladio came out.......

; ;

On 3/27/2017 at 4:34 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

Good point there. Which is what Rocky gets in Rocky III, actually. Fame gets to his head and Mr. T, dick as he may be, kicks his ass for it and whips him back to shape #realitycheck

knock-knock.gif

BL2_gaige.jpg

Kawai? - Check

Anime? - Check

Yeah, seems legit

Yeah Rocky equally turns into a dick in 3, CLUBBER LANG does his duty if not a little harsh, hey, at least no one died!!!!!

K played Gaige for a little while, she looks right up my alley!!!

On 3/27/2017 at 10:06 AM, zeroh13 said:

(Borderlands 1 has totally different characters, and I've only played as Mordecai. So I don't have nearly as much to say about that game.)

YES, that's it!  I played 1 and it was Mordecai with the bird.  I was still terrible, ahaha.

Honestly for me I think it's the difference between PC vs Console.  I've never been able to get precise with a controller, like, the sticks are so wiggly... but I'm really good (and have played many many years) with WASD/keyboard and mouse.  I'd probably be terrible at Overwatch on PS4 too!!!!

23 hours ago, ixaera said:

Re: Borderlands 2

I'm terrible at FPS accuracy so I just played a turret Commando and let the AI aim for me :3

AH YES Turret Syndrome excellent

• Like 1

Weekly Updates

Wow is it seriously the last week of March??  Good grief.  OH ALSO BEFORE I FORGET

On 3/26/2017 at 9:40 AM, shaar said:

I tried to look back at my watch history to see what that movie was but it has MYSTERIOUSLY DISAPPEARED.  I even tried Google searching things like "old chinese detective movie with an eagle" and "detective character named ken roof jump coin toss sly doctor china" but I seriously can't find it anywhere.  Not even on the TV Guide.  I wonder if I imagined it...

RUNNING OUT OF TIME 2, it does exist, holy moly I managed to stumble upon it Sunday night and watch the end of it.  Not the best movie really, Ekin Cheng made it worthwhile Because Handsome and he kind of resembled a young sly Hanzo if Hanzo were to get the stick out of his ass, also he was in Vampire Effect which I did not know???  N E A T

Anyway.

LIFTING

Push day at the gym yesterday morning, much less DOMS today, good, excellent.  Managed to get in some sets of bench at 75 before I pooped out.  I think bench is my least favorite lift.  Snorefest.  Tomorrow is Pull (With Deadlifts!) and Thursday is legs.

MOBILITY

Wrist feeling pretty great!  Everything else too.  Traps sore today but is to be expected. 

BRAINS

Welp I finally sat down and finished FFXV last night so I could play the new DLC I had pre-ordered (which I will start tonight).  Hoo.  Hooooo boy well ok yow.  I am glad I didn't finish this game two weeks ago, I might have had to check myself into a clinic or something.  Ugly cried more than once. Like I knew what was coming seriously but I was still a sniffling trash heap.  Almost called into work today, "Hello, I'm 36 and have been emotionally compromised by a video game I just can't today".... yesaahhdfjfs nope.  Plus side was that all my time spent faffing off and avoiding the end chapters really leveled the heck out of me so it was way easier than expected, I just kinda motored through the fights, MY BOYS THEY SO STRONG

tumblr_o8t6duy9Gt1ry9reao5_250.gif

I am still coping.

Friday the repairman comes to fix the HVAC.  WOOP~  Other than that this week looks to be pretty routine, thankfully.  I've already filed one insurance claim appeal and had it turned over so that's $210 less out of my pocket, GO ME, GO ADULTING.  The other I need to wait on a little bit to see how things process further.  I'm really proud of jumping on this kinda spooky adulting item and getting it knocked out super fast.  Go me~

• Like 7

1 minute ago, wovercast said:

I have played the hell out of Borderlands (all of them). I've messed around with each character, but only played through as you can probably guess... gunzerker. I have no patience and just want to get in there are mess shit up! :)

borderlands2gunzerker.jpg

And no one is surprised!!! :P

The more I play games like this (Overwatch too) the more I just want to Get In There And Pound Faces, a lot of times I die prematurely because LOL TACTICS OK?  I'm the worst flanker with 200 health and doodling around like a maniac just waiting to die, sigh.

• Like 2

On 27/3/2017 at 5:06 PM, zeroh13 said:

Zer0 and Krieg are the hardest to play. I haven't played as Krieg yet, but he's pretty much melee. Zer0 can be played as a sniper, or as melee. You'll have a pretty weak build if you try to do both.

Axton (commando) is one of the easiest to play. You have a turret, and you can turn her into a pretty badass turret. My build gives me two turrets with rocket launchers, a shield, and they fire slag bullets (you do more damage to slagged enemies).

Maya (siren) is actually fairly easy to play, and one of the best to use in co-op. Her special ability is phaselock, basically immobilize enemy in floating orb of hurt. She's good in co-op cause you can give her a healer type build, but she's not a squishy healer.

Salvador (gunzerker) is shoot bullets and rockets everywhere. I haven't played him much, but I guess he'd be at a moderate difficulty. IDK, Salvador is my lucky character, he got 3 legendary weapons really early on, so I didn't have much difficulty. Your milage may vary.

Gaige is the next on my list to play. But I'm definitely looking forward to playing as her.

Once you get to a certain level, you pretty much need to toy around with elemental weapons to still be effective.

The good thing about the Borderlands games is that if you can play co-op (it has local and online), you don't actually have to be that good as long whoever you are playing with is decent. I started out pretty bad, but I gradually got better as I played them. (Can you tell I've played B2 a lot?)

Sorry that got a bit long...

I completed the first Borderlands as soldier (Roland) as it was the most balanced, easy option. What I love about Krieg is he's so counter-intuitive. Most games I'll go for steady aim, pouncing from cover to cover etc. Krieg's skills force you to play all out bezerker and jump in the midst of it. It's not just his insane melee damage. He's got skills where he does more damage when his shield's down, when his health is low or while he's on freakin' fire. Seriously, he gets a skill that allows him to get hit by friendly fire, just so his teammates can light him on fire and set him loose. Couple that with Overkill, where if he kills someone with his axe, he recovers 'damage dealt-opponent's remaining life before hitting him' (so dealing 500 damage to a foe that had 20 hp left heals you for 480) and another skill where kills reduce his special power cooldown and you got an immortal meat grinder in perma-frenzy.

d91b803806504d655e4094c2d5746e05.jpg

• Like 5

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (7)Fitness (2)💪,  Gourmet Cooking (3), Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬🎬🎬🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1)📖 Video Gaming (3)🎮🎮, Wellness (2)

3 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Seriously, he gets a skill that allows him to get hit by friendly fire, just so his teammates can light him on fire and set him loose.

This speaks to me on a very satisfying level.

anime-blond-gif-girl-kawaii-Favim.com-23

Today was DEADLIFT DAY! (goddamn it i always typo dadlift, sigh)  I am just so delighted happy that I can do these regularly.  Like.  Woooo.  WOO

giphy.gif

Did 5 sets of 135 and bumped up to 145 (thanks to proper plate math this time) for 3 sets, man, these really really fatigue me but I am (intentionally) eating at a slight deficit so there's that.  Working on form and keeping my hips down and not rushing my babby deadlifts for Great Justice.

Threw in a spell on the rowing machine because it's pull day and WHY NOT, gods 2 minutes in I remembered why rowing was so hard, pfffsgdhgfdh, 8 minute row got me 865m.  I guess it's good for cardio or something too? :P

Feeling good.  Yay! ^_____________^

• Like 7

5 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

I completed the first Borderlands as soldier (Roland) as it was the most balanced, easy option. What I love about Krieg is he's so counter-intuitive. Most games I'll go for steady aim, pouncing from cover to cover etc. Krieg's skills force you to play all out bezerker and jump in the midst of it. It's not just his insane melee damage. He's got skills where he does more damage when his shield's down, when his health is low or while he's on freakin' fire. Seriously, he gets a skill that allows him to get hit by friendly fire, just so his teammates can light him on fire and set him loose. Couple that with Overkill, where if he kills someone with his axe, he recovers 'damage dealt-opponent's remaining life before hitting him' (so dealing 500 damage to a foe that had 20 hp left heals you for 480) and another skill where kills reduce his special power cooldown and you got an immortal meat grinder in perma-frenzy.

I never got any DLC for BL2. This sounds like my kind of character :)

• Like 2

I too like to bash faces in with hammers and axes. 

2 hours ago, shaar said:

Today was DEADLIFT DAY! (goddamn it i always typo dadlift, sigh)  I am just so delighted happy that I can do these regularly.  Like.  Woooo.  WOO

Guess what I named my father's training log?

• Like 3

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

Week Wrapup

tumblr_onouz1FyfK1uxmlowo1_540.jpg

Wowwwwie I sure took a few days off from posting!  No ragrets, man I really am digging the battle log format, wooo.  So much more CHILL y'all.  Glad I made the jump.

Anyways.  There has actually been less panic and more disco in things lately but Prompto is the best and I couldn't resist posting that image.

Good Things that have happened over the past week:

- AC UNIT FIIIIXED.  Up and running again for a sweet less-than-facebreaking price, oh boy, sweet adulting.

- I think my DOMS from the previous week have finally gone away, good grief, my lats were out of order for a good few days.  BACK AT IT TOMORROW HEY HO

- Related, I've been kinda fatigued over the past few days.  I'm sure I've been eating enough (???) and getting enough sleep but it's odd and out of place.  Going to add some extra protein into this week's snacks with the addition of avocado tuna on rice cakes so hopefully that'll help?  Maybe it's also ALLERGIES?  Spring is here yo.  Hmmm.

tumblr_o8s3mcDrGo1vokxl0o2_540.gif

- I have gone Full Assault on the wasp nests outside.  I knocked a big one down but it looks like they are trying to build more on our front porch.  K hates wasps more than everything else in the world combined and I am a Mighty Warrior of Getting Shit Done so I have a can of Wasp Killa I'm going to use out there later.  COME OUT AND FACE ME /reinhardt

- Our backyard is so green and full of flowers and birds and the birds are always making their bird noises and it's really lovely.  Yay spring!

- I watched the original MORTAL KOMBAAAAAT last night!!!!!!  Gosh that movie was cheesy.  Teenage Martial Arts Shaar (& my entire dojo) were so hype on that movie though ahahaha yaaass.

That's about it, if I had to grade last week it'd get an A, plenty of necessary adulting done combined with video game time and some housecleaning.  Good brain days.  Good lifting days.  Excellent yes.

It's April now so I may tinker with my goals a bit in the upcoming week?? Nothing major though, just honing in on more pertinent small things. ^______^

• Like 8

1 hour ago, shaar said:

- I have gone Full Assault on the wasp nests outside.  I knocked a big one down but it looks like they are trying to build more on our front porch.  K hates wasps more than everything else in the world combined and I am a Mighty Warrior of Getting Shit Done so I have a can of Wasp Killa I'm going to use out there later.  COME OUT AND FACE ME /reinhardt

OMG, wasps! They're like, "silly human, you think destroying my nest will stop me? I'll just build another!"

I had that problem last spring, until I was able to nail the ones that were building the nests. Then I left one of the nests they were starting to build (that I drenched in anti-wasp) as a warning to the other wasps. I should probably do a preventative spray soon though...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zeroh13 said:

OMG, wasps! They're like, "silly human, you think destroying my nest will stop me? I'll just build another!"

I had that problem last spring, until I was able to nail the ones that were building the nests. Then I left one of the nests they were starting to build (that I drenched in anti-wasp) as a warning to the other wasps. I should probably do a preventative spray soon though...

YOU ARE SO RIGHT

Maaaan I just went outside and there are F I V E very tiny beginnings of nests.  W T F. D:<  I nailed three of them and will go back out for the other two later.  Most nests just have one wasp on them but I hit one that had like seven... siiigghh....

Wasps are evil in aerial form and must not be trusted!!!! 

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Image result for bees vs wasps

I LOL'ed at my computer for a good minute over this!  IT'S TRUE!!!!  WASPS SAVE OVER ALL OF YOUR SAVED GAME PROGRESS, THEY ARE TERRIBLE

2 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Normally I'd side with the insects, but wasps have it out for me. The bastards sting me relentlessly every summer. Kill them all, kill them with fire.

Give them an inch and they'll take a mile.  K sat on one once in the car after getting gas at a gas station and got stung.  Flamethrowers incoming...

50 minutes ago, Shadri said:

Wasps are p u r e   e v i l !!!!

Petition to replace all wasps with cute and amazing and necessary-for-life bumble bees! All in favor say "aye"!!!

AYYYYEEEEEEE PLS AYE

05a29b7dfea2c036f1cdfa8e3cc62016.jpg

K and I have been talking about our Top 10 Favorite Video Games OF ALL TIME today and I'm making a concise list of 1-10 and honorable mentions.  I'm........... actually already done with 1-10 it was almost too easy but I'm going to give myself some more time to think. ^^;;;

• Like 5