Shadri :: dragon in the headlights

Dusk

Last challenge started really well! Then I got stuck. Like a deer in the headlights. Except I'm not a deer. I'm a DRAGON. I'm FIERCE and CAPABLE and - 

c0d06bf1f54b5832c3329094b6a20c21.jpg

NOOOO STOP THAT !!!!!!!!!!!

I got totally derailed by the end. I had some extra external stressors, and I let them get to me. It affected my sleep, which then affected my ability to Do The Things - too tired to go to the gym, too tired to resist buying coffee and sweets at school, etc.

Sooo... I can't think of anything to change, so I'm gonna just try the same stuff again. But I'm gonna... somehow bring myself back to my original intent, with regularity. So I can keep with my goals, and not fall off the wagon as much. Hopefully????? And also get more sleep!!

1. Work out 3x per week

2. Eat healthy 5x per week

3. DO NOT BUY FOOD AT SCHOOL

4. Read the Bible 3x per week

5. 9:30 bedtime

85e4e945417f1497e27b1bc28446e0d5.jpg

• Like 10

"In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength." -Uncle Iroh

WEEK ZERO BATTLE PLAN

- Pack a butt-ton of tea bags in my lunch box, to avoid buying coffee

- Instead of grabbing chocolates from my boss's office all day, limit to Werther's caramels instead (they're smaller & last longer... as long as I don't chew them :panda: )

WEEK ONE BATTLE PLAN

- Start tracking in My Fitness Pal more

- Restrict food eaten after dinner (one reasonable snack max, only if necessary)

• Like 4

"In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength." -Uncle Iroh

Following!

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Just now, MiaulinTheCat said:

YOU ARE A DRAGON. YOU ARE FIERCE. YOU ARE STRONG. YOU ARE FABULOUS. AND YOU CAN DO ALL THE THINGS. *waves pompoms*

^__________________________^

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Shadri said:

WEEK ONE BATTLE PLAN

- Instead of grabbing chocolates from my boss's office all day, limit to Werther's caramels instead (they're smaller & last longer... as long as I don't chew them :panda: )

Are you wanting to cut back on coffee or just not buy the expensive cups of coffee from cafés? Because if it's the latter, you can get coffee bags which look like tea bags, only they're coffee.

Keep a "chewing jar". Every time you crunch a Werther's, put 10 cents/pence in it. ;)

Also:

be70e58dcca02ec60ee6733686191106.jpg

• Like 4

Current Challenge

2016 Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4 

Previous challenges:  New Year Challenge , Muir Does Stuff, :apple:    

Let's do this together, babycakes.  Following.

• Like 1

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Rinna joins the Fellowship to Rivendell      318.24/458

Spoiler

"The only way to lose is to give up."

-Tanktimus the Encourager

"You can't beat someone that refuses to give up."

-Björn Járnhamar

Whooo! Following! I'm gonna make my next challenge today as well. I believe in you! <3 

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

The Jedi Chronicles Ep. 10: Opta Ardua Pennis Astra Sequi

Jedi Battle Log

“That's the point of it, Bryce. Of life. To live, to love, knowing that it might all vanish tomorrow. It makes everything that much more precious.”

- Danika Fendyr, House of Earth and Blood by Sarah J. Maas

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43

I love tea SO MUCH.  I find if I stockpile tea at work I drink less coffee too!  A+ battle strategy! :D

• Like 2

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

Following again! All aboard the tea train! 

• Like 2

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 46

2021 challenges:  46 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

9 hours ago, Muir said:

Are you wanting to cut back on coffee or just not buy the expensive cups of coffee from cafés? Because if it's the latter, you can get coffee bags which look like tea bags, only they're coffee.

Keep a "chewing jar". Every time you crunch a Werther's, put 10 cents/pence in it. ;)

Also:

be70e58dcca02ec60ee6733686191106.jpg

Mainly just not buying fancy coffee at the cafe, but I also want to drink less coffee in general. Too much caffeine does bad things to me O_____O plus reduced caffeine intake is like one of the first things my therapist recommended to me to help with the anxiety and stuff.

The "chewing jar" idea might be step 2 ;) trying to take it slow, though.

That's a cool quote thingy!

5 hours ago, Rinna said:

Let's do this together, babycakes.  Following.

YEEEEUH

4 hours ago, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

Whooo! Following! I'm gonna make my next challenge today as well. I believe in you! <3 

Yay! I will come find you ^_^

2 hours ago, shaar said:

I love tea SO MUCH.  I find if I stockpile tea at work I drink less coffee too!  A+ battle strategy! :D

Yisss! I love tea. I brought like 16 teabags with me to school. I'm on cup 2 of jasmine tea (mmmmm <3).

2 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

Following again! All aboard the tea train! 

TEA TRAIN DON'T GOT NO BRAKES :D

• Like 3

Zero Week!

Day 0.1 was Sunday, and I didn't really do much. I kinda start my weeks on Mondays anyway.

Day 0.2 is today. I went to the gym, read my Bible, didn't buy any food at school, ate fairly healthy for most of the day (and am under calories even with a less than stellar dinner), drank lots of tea, and didn't even go into my boss's office for candy! (Though a classmate offered me a mini Reese's cup, which I accepted.) Pretty solid start to zero week if you ask me.

Other miscellaneous items:

~ I designed my bujo spread for the new challenge:

~ I have some residual stress from the internship I was offered - they only gave me a few days to make a decision to accept or deny it! KHJASFJKHASFKHJ 

I ended up accepting it though. I'm getting more excited by the day. Not too keen on getting on an airplane by myself, though. :P

~ Now I am exhausted from my gym workout + daylight savings time (my body thinks I got up at 4:30 this morning, ew), and combined with residual stress mentioned above, I'm having all kinds of grump and ew. SO. Taking the advice of my therapist, I'm going to do the opposite of what my icky feelings are telling me to do, which is hide away and be grumpy and resentful. I'm going to relax, drink some tea, submit a homework assignment, and then go hang out with the family before bed and maybe do some stretching cos I am domsy already. 

Have some cute tea dragons:

9a19d4d1ac5aebc964095d1d43c8ab26.jpg

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Shadri said:

Zero Week!

Day 0.1 was Sunday, and I didn't really do much. I kinda start my weeks on Mondays anyway.

Day 0.2 is today. I went to the gym, read my Bible, didn't buy any food at school, ate fairly healthy for most of the day (and am under calories even with a less than stellar dinner), drank lots of tea, and didn't even go into my boss's office for candy! (Though a classmate offered me a mini Reese's cup, which I accepted.) Pretty solid start to zero week if you ask me.

Other miscellaneous items:

~ I designed my bujo spread for the new challenge:

~ I have some residual stress from the internship I was offered - they only gave me a few days to make a decision to accept or deny it! KHJASFJKHASFKHJ 

I ended up accepting it though. I'm getting more excited by the day. Not too keen on getting on an airplane by myself, though. :P

~ Now I am exhausted from my gym workout + daylight savings time (my body thinks I got up at 4:30 this morning, ew), and combined with residual stress mentioned above, I'm having all kinds of grump and ew. SO. Taking the advice of my therapist, I'm going to do the opposite of what my icky feelings are telling me to do, which is hide away and be grumpy and resentful. I'm going to relax, drink some tea, submit a homework assignment, and then go hang out with the family before bed and maybe do some stretching cos I am domsy already. 

Have some cute tea dragons:

9a19d4d1ac5aebc964095d1d43c8ab26.jpg

I <3 your bujo for this challenge! And also your tea dragons are adorable :)

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log

“That's the point of it, Bryce. Of life. To live, to love, knowing that it might all vanish tomorrow. It makes everything that much more precious.”

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43

I feel ya'!  4:30 is really hard when your body knows it's really 3:30.  My boss got here at "7" and said, "It's so dark out!" and I said, "Welcome to 6 AM."

On 3/12/2017 at 10:12 PM, Shadri said:

You've got it!  The best way to break a habit is to replace it with another habit.  Apple spice tea is a good replacement for coffee because it's a little bitter and a little sweet at the same time.

I have a suggestion: "Eat healthy" is pretty vague.  You could try fleshing it out as, "Eat a salad 3x a week" or such.  This might help keep you on track a little more.

Good luck!

• Like 4

(Already!?) Level 3 Ranger / Epic Declutterer / Prolific Writer

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/163280

"Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change."  - Jim Rohn

1 hour ago, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

I <3 your bujo for this challenge! And also your tea dragons are adorable :)

Thank you :3 I only wish I could draw dragons like that, heheh. I found them from the author of this webcomic.

1 hour ago, Lydiechan said:

I feel ya'!  4:30 is really hard when your body knows it's really 3:30.  My boss got here at "7" and said, "It's so dark out!" and I said, "Welcome to 6 AM."

You've got it!  The best way to break a habit is to replace it with another habit.  Apple spice tea is a good replacement for coffee because it's a little bitter and a little sweet at the same time.

I have a suggestion: "Eat healthy" is pretty vague.  You could try fleshing it out as, "Eat a salad 3x a week" or such.  This might help keep you on track a little more.

Good luck!

Daylight savings time can go die in a hole, please and thank you :P

Apple spice tea sounds lovely, that'd a good suggestion! I don't put sugar in my tea, and I have a tendency to steep it too long, so the bitterness isn't an issue xD haha. 

That's a good point! I know what "eat healthy" means to me, I just didn't write it out. It simply means "if it's not healthy, don't put it in your mouth". I usually do pretty well with packing healthy food in my lunch, fruits and veggies and such. I'm going to start using MyFitnessPal more, too. 

• Like 3

I LOVE ROOIBOS DRAGON, he is so full of adorable pointyness!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

10 hours ago, shaar said:

I LOVE ROOIBOS DRAGON, he is so full of adorable pointyness!!!!!!!!

:3 eeee they're all just so cute I can't take it! I think chamomile and earl grey and jasmine dragons are my favorite (though they're some of my favorite teas, too....).

9 hours ago, Muir said:

Tea dragons! <3

Have some more.

teadragons1.png

MOAR MOAR MOAR

2ef95f6b0961d265e534248dae03a6ee.jpg

63327e5de89b7e11b7dd0b19b1e6ab82.jpg

(that one doesn't have a caption - it's blooming tea, which is so fun to order because they always serve it in a glass pot, and as the flower rehydrates, you get to watch it slowly 'bloom' :3 )

3 hours ago, Cataleya said:

Shadri! Following!

Hiyee!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Day 0.3

Didn't buy food at school! Ate pretty healthy mostly! I was offered a cookie by a friend; and mom treated us to shamrock shakes. But otherwise, pretty dang good on the food front. Had at least 5 mugs of tea today. Avoided the chocolate in my boss's office, and was instead satisfied by 3 Werther's candies spaced evenly throughout the workday. No Bible reading or workout today.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Shadri said:

63327e5de89b7e11b7dd0b19b1e6ab82.jpg

(that one doesn't have a caption - it's blooming tea, which is so fun to order because they always serve it in a glass pot, and as the flower rehydrates, you get to watch it slowly 'bloom' :3 )

I love blooming tea. It's very pretty. :)

Have you seen the Tea Dragon Society website?

• Like 1

Current Challenge

2016 Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4 

Previous challenges:  New Year Challenge , Muir Does Stuff, :apple:    

3 hours ago, Muir said:

I love blooming tea. It's very pretty. :)

Have you seen the Tea Dragon Society website?

I saw it enough to figure out where the pretty dragons were coming from, and I posted it a few posts up; but I haven't had the time to actually look at it. I've been studying for my midterm (which is TODAY AAAAH)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Shadri said:

I saw it enough to figure out where the pretty dragons were coming from, and I posted it a few posts up; but I haven't had the time to actually look at it. I've been studying for my midterm (which is TODAY AAAAH)

Good luck!

The hibiscus tea dragon is adorable <3

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log

On March 15, 2017 at 7:21 AM, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

Good luck!

The hibiscus tea dragon is adorable <3

Thanks! I feel like it went... okay. Grades aren't posted yet, though. I guess we'll soon see how it really went. :P

I love them alllll <3 <3

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

OK! Challenge started today technically!

Week zero was, comparably, the best I've felt in a long time. I spent lots of time in the sunshine, and though the week had its ups and downs, I just felt overall really good. It was... kinda weird, honestly. I took the opportunity of feeling so good to crochet a hat:

The week went okay, goal-wise. I only got 2 workouts in; ate mostly healthy most days, but I did go overboard on sweets on the weekend; I bought a latte at school Friday morning to kiss zero week goodbye; I read my Bible once; I didn't stick to my bedtime all nights but I was pretty close on school nights; and I did really well about drinking lots of tea and not taking a SINGLE chocolate from my boss's office! I stuck to Werther's all week!! YASS. Win. I will keep up that particular battle plan, while adding a new one for WEEK 1:

WEEK ONE BATTLE PLAN

- Start tracking in My Fitness Pal more often

- Restrict food eaten after dinner (one reasonable snack max, only if necessary)

To start week 1 off with a bang, I stayed under my calorie goal (2000) today (even with enjoying [most of] a beer after dinner); and I spent like 2 hours batch cooking food for the week, so I have loads of healthy stuff!

- breakfast burritos

- boiled eggs

- roasted sweet potato/broccoli/cauliflower

- hummus and sliced cucumber for snacks! <3

I even entered breakfast and lunch and snack into MFP for tomorrow already. 

And I bought some potatoes to bake in the microwave, in the event that I need a healthier substitute to dinner at home. Put some butter on that bad boy - maybe some lunch meat also - boom, baby!

Now I need to hurry to bed so I can make my bedtime goal and feel like a human being tomorrow. xD

• Like 5