• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Broba Fett

Broba Fett Out-lifts The Warriors

17 hours ago, Broba Fett said:

Where's everybody else at this week?  Don't tell me y'all are going easy on me just because I was sick for over half the week.  @Laghail @Leigh @Jarric @jonfirestar @MikeWazowski  Also Argski, Sam Ashen, and Matty McFly... (Apparently you can only tag so many people in one post?)

I've just not had time to do the maths! Get ready for some running :P

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Oramac said:

I am running into this problem as well.  Plus having knee issues on top of it.  

Between chest/arms on Monday and my random knee-therapy crap yesterday, I'm in the neighborhood of 20k so far this week.  Though I do plan to go in tomorrow for a MASSIVE workout session (barring any recurring knee issues).  

I hope that foot adjustment keeps those knees painless so you can really rack up some tonnage. 

9 hours ago, Jarric said:

No worries dude, do keep pushing me

Will do!

6 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

I think it's likely that I will indeed be doing some running next week. 

56b3aa8a3ed8ad6193094bd8c810f78f.jpg

Went down in the basement and did some rows but deadlifts just were not happening.  Pulled my normal warmup of 225 4x and was sore all over and hacking away.  Body is worn out from recovering from sickness all week, I think.  I decided to not be dumb and just stop at the 6,480lbs of rows.

If I hadn't been doing this challenge I would have just left it at that.  But!  Since I can't leave myself below 50k, I did a little circuit of air squats and pushups for 5x10 of each.  Total of 20k more lbs bodyweight.  There may be another circuit in me sometime this weekend, we'll have to see how I'm feeling.

Easy days of work today and tomorrow and then getting my first AR tomorrow night!  One of my groomsmen is an FFL and is getting His/Hers ARs for us as an early wedding present. Super stoked. Expect pictures. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

I'm too lazy for math. If you have access to it wherever you live, check out jefit for android/iphone. Best weightlifting tracking app I've ever used.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Grumble said:

I'm too lazy for math. If you have access to it wherever you live, check out jefit for android/iphone. Best weightlifting tracking app I've ever used.

FitNotes does the same thing.  That's what I post when I put a screenshot with my volume.  Works really well.

-----------------------------------

Legs are definitely feeling all the squats and burpees from this week.  My left quad specifically is real tender.  I think because once I get fatigued doing burpees and stop jumping my legs up I plant that leg first every time I get up. 

One more day of work today before going to get our ARs/watch the new Star Trek movie/drink beers with a couple of friends of ours. 

I got word from a friend that we are all go for my first turkey hunt the first week of April so (at least part of) Sunday will be spent at Bass Pro Shops grabbing a choke for my shotgun, some ammo, and hopefully some camo. 

I did pretty great on my food this week.  Only thing that was really off track was an order of brisket nachos I got from the food truck when it stopped by work. 

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Broba Fett said:

my normal warmup of 225 4x

You suck in the most awesome way possible. :P  225# is only 50 pounds less than my working sets.  Sorry to hear the deads weren't happening.  Get better and kick their ass next time! 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Oramac said:

You suck in the most awesome way possible. :P  225# is only 50 pounds less than my working sets.  Sorry to hear the deads weren't happening.  Get better and kick their ass next time! 

I should probably be starting warmups at 135 for my back's sake but that's just too low for me.  When I pull the weight back into my shins and get set, anything below 225 just comes off the ground. :(  Probably actually an issue with my mobility/belly being in the way more than anything.

I ran 5/3/1 percentages for deads and hack squats this next month of programming and this is what it gave me for the last week:

deadlift
5 × 165 
5 × 205 
3 × 250
5 × 310
3 × 350
1+ × 390
squat
5 × 150
5 × 190
3 × 225
5 × 280
3 × 315 

1+ × 355 

Which looks pretty accurate I suppose.  I'm slightly concerned that I'll be resting on my laurels a bit since I pulled 390x4 last week and this program doesn't call for an AMRAP at that weight until a month from now. But then again Jim Wendler is a professional and I'm just some guy.  

Thoughts and suggestions are welcome.  The deads numbers are based on the PR of 455 I pulled in Feb.  I'll be testing 1RM again after this first cycle to see where I'm at.  The hack squats are based on an estimated 1RM based on squatting 325x8 last week. 

• Like 2

My vote would be to see how your legs/back feel after week one. To me that looks like not enough work for someone who can do 390x4, but I am also some random guy on the internet. How does that DL volume compare to your usual DL volume? 

Someone else can probably speak to whether you ran your percentages correctly. 

• Like 1

So I was totally re-reading this thread because I needed the spreadsheet back up...and I realized I have not added any of my bodyweight exercises in. If my numbers continue to look like they do, I may not. We'll see.

Image result for evil fingers gif

• Like 2

I had a bit of a late night last night and did not get around to posting my week's volume total:

Volume Count for Week 1: 101692 pounds

I can play for Week 2, but Week 3 is a deload week.  But I can do all the cardio!

• Like 1

My vote would be to see how your legs/back feel after week one. To me that looks like not enough work for someone who can do 390x4, but I am also some random guy on the internet. How does that DL volume compare to your usual DL volume? 

Someone else can probably speak to whether you ran your percentages correctly. 

Last time I worked up to that 390x4 and then followed up with 3x10x275 to get the volume numbers up. Seems like a big jump down. Not sure what to do. :(

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I had a bit of a late night last night and did not get around to posting my week's volume total:

Volume Count for Week 1: 101692 pounds

I can play for Week 2, but Week 3 is a deload week.  But I can do all the cardio!

I wasn't able to get in any more work this weekend so my total on the spreadsheet stands. I'm ready to do a bunch of cardio. Anyone who beat me out, make sure you give me my orders!

On 3/14/2017 at 10:27 AM, Broba Fett said:

Where my Rangers at?   @Wild Wolf @Oramac @Agnarr @Jarric @ArgSki77 I know you A-holes want to make me do burpees or whatever WOD your coaches make you do or something.  I KNOW Argski wants to make me row. 

Dare I even call out @Rurik Harrgath and @DarK_RaideR?!?

Image result for jon lovitz he's losing his mind gif

I'm* losing my mind and I'm reaping all the benefits!

*Maniacal laughter!*

Well I just finished The Open and was sneaking around the Warriors to see what's going on in lifting heavy things land and stumbled upon this thread......shameless taunting of Warriors by a Ranger, umm that sounds familiar :P.

I shall read on and see if my numbers will challenge you. I have a delicious catalogue of crossfit metcon pain I could inflict on you....

12 hours ago, Broba Fett said:

Last time I worked up to that 390x4 and then followed up with 3x10x275 to get the volume numbers up. Seems like a big jump down. Not sure what to do. :(

I don't know enough about 5/3/1 to comment further. But if you post in the powerlifting programming forum you will probably get some replies. 

@Broba Fett Do you have access to a sled?

I do! And big tires, farmer handles, a yoke, sandbags... All kinds of fun conditioning stuff in addition to your standard cardio machines and crossfit gear like med balls/boxes/etc.

• Like 1

On 24/03/2017 at 4:29 AM, Broba Fett said:

Grip strength wasn't having the exercise described so I opted for burpees.  50 of them, to be exact.

Hope no-one thinks of putting you through Crossfit Open workout 12.1....!

For the bodyweight count, If I was 200 pounds and had 100 pounds on a back rack, would step ups onto a 20" box count as 150 pounds of volume each?

• Like 2

Hope no-one thinks of putting you through Crossfit Open workout 12.1....!

For the bodyweight count, If I was 200 pounds and had 100 pounds on a back rack, would step ups onto a 20" box count as 150 pounds of volume each?

Seems legit to me. Total it up!

-------------------------

Had the kid all day today for spring break. Still managed to get over half my normal chest/bis workout in downstairs in the basement. Total of 13,200lbs.

You don't truly appreciate dumbbells until you're doing flys holding plates in each hand. 😐

Should be able to get in for legs and back later in the week and amp it up a bit.

Guess I'll skip cardio tomorrow since I haven't been told what to do...

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Grumble said:

AMRAP in 20 minutes: 5 Pushups 10 Situps 15 Squats

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Excellent!  I wish I had checked it this morning so I could have gotten this in already but I will get it in asap. 

Thanks much.

------------------------------------

Tomorrow morning I'll get getting up early so that I can get leg day in.  Weds are one of Tammy's day off so I should be able to sneak out and get it in before they get up and moving.  Thursday and Friday I believe her grandpa is picking her up for breakfast around 7am so I should be good to go get in cardio on Thurs and deads on friday. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, mr_willes said:

2x5 min shadowboxing

Or

4x1,5 min of punchbagboxing (if you have something like a punchbagboxing) increment the intensity of each part

Awesome. I love it. 

We have a heavy bag the gym.  Will I hurt myself if I go at it without tape or gloves?

1 hour ago, Broba Fett said:

Excellent!  I wish I had checked it this morning so I could have gotten this in already but I will get it in asap. 

Thanks much.

Darn, I saw your post and threw that up as a last second idea, hoping you'd see it in time.

49 minutes ago, Broba Fett said:

Awesome. I love it. 

We have a heavy bag the gym.  Will I hurt myself if I go at it without tape or gloves?

Yes. You're wrists are not as strong as you think they are. Ever. Also, user the early parts of that workout to see what punches feel comfortable, then stick with those when you, as @mr_willes put oh so eloquently, go full bananas.

• Like 3