• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Broba Fett

Broba Fett Out-lifts The Warriors

10 hours ago, brutalbears said:

We should start a nerd fitness gun club. Where we nerd out about our favorite guns and so forth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

judging by how many of us are gun people, I think NF is kind of a gun club.

• Like 3

My weekly volume for Week 0 was:

Volume Count for Week 0: 101584 pounds 

So it looks like you got me beat!

I just look at it as the inspiration for next week. Of course, my program also jumps up a day with two days worth of legs.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I am no guns but Mr. T is guns. Does that count? 

Also, for very nerdy reasons I want to learn how to shoot one day but it's not a priority. 

zombies

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I am no guns but Mr. T is guns. Does that count? 

Also, for very nerdy reasons I want to learn how to shoot one day but it's not a priority. 

Hide contents

zombies

The circledy part with the hole gets pointed at the bad guys.

• Like 5

Hey all. Officially sick. So volume won't be going up any more before 6pm. Brutal Bears and anyone else who can pass me up, be sure to tell me your choice for cardio. I'm gonna go sleep for 24hrs straight and hope I can feel good enough for leg day tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

On 3/17/2017 at 8:16 PM, Broba Fett said:

I think I've decided to switch my deads and hack squats to 5/3/1 percentages next week.  That is all.

Less volume...

On 3/18/2017 at 9:10 AM, Broba Fett said:

Blech.  I've caught something over the last 18hrs or so.  Lots of gunk in my chest. :(

Being sick...

His defenses are down...the door is open...start your lifting!

giphy.gif

Broba, I hope you feel better...I hear cardio is good for clearing up that congestion.

• Like 5

On 3/17/2017 at 5:04 PM, Broba Fett said:

e5e92270a9b20c31811f1f985e946252.jpg

My favorite part of this picture?  Proper trigger control!!  Seriously, that's the first thing I noticed and I damn near cheered.  

On 3/18/2017 at 8:40 AM, RedStone said:

Broba, well done on doing the pictures. 

Indeed.  That takes some cajones. 

On 3/18/2017 at 9:48 AM, brutalbears said:

We should start a nerd fitness gun club. Where we nerd out about our favorite guns and so forth.

Sign me the fuck up!

On 3/18/2017 at 8:08 PM, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

I'm going to need my membership card, please.

Ditto

16 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Feel better soon Broba, we can't have these warriors showing you up.

Yes.  Feel better man!!  My volume isn't going to help much, but hopefully you can at least make the Warriors work for it! :) 

49 minutes ago, Grumble said:

If you need Beta readers, I've got experience. Plus its fun to get in on the ground floor of a new imagination bomb.

Would you be willing to beta-read another nerds book as well? :P  (it's ok to say no)

• Like 3

On 3/17/2017 at 3:04 PM, Broba Fett said:

Yep. Got side and back shots. Just not quite at a confidence level where I can post those yet. My back is my least favorite part of me.

And I agree, I wish I had done before pics at 500lbs. The closest I have is this, which was around 485:

e5e92270a9b20c31811f1f985e946252.jpg

What is that?  look like an AK, but it's not.

What is that?  look like an AK, but it's not.

Agnarr got it right. It's an SVD. 7.62x54R. Lots of fun to shoot, especially with a Russian accent.

--------------

Sorry I didn't check in yesterday. Went to the doctor first thing and slept the rest of the day. Official diagnosis is I got a sinus infection that led to a respiratory infection that led to bronchitis.

They put me on an antibiotic, a steroid, a cough pill for the day, and a cough syrup with narcotic in it to knock me out at nights when it seems worse.

Feeling much better today, good enough to go to work. Still hacking pretty good any time I take a deep breath though, so gym isn't happening. We will see if I feel good enough to go tomorrow. If so I should be able to get my regularish volume in weds/thurs/fri.

If not I will likely be suspending this week of the challenge for myself but you guys are still on. If I can't make it in this week I will honor anyone who can beat my week zero total with their week one total. Hope that makes sense and still gives everyone something to shoot for.

I feel bad that we had such good momentum going and my immune system had to eff it up.

• Like 4

I kinda feel bad, as I will be adding at least 21K lbs as I've added a second leg day for this phase. On the plus side, the military has given me creative cardio ideas!

3 hours ago, Grumble said:

I kinda feel bad, as I will be adding at least 21K lbs as I've added a second leg day for this phase. On the plus side, the military has given me creative cardio ideas!

No feeling bad allowed.  I feel pretty darn good at the moment actually.  If it continues this way I may be good to go to lift WThF and still get some volume in. 

3 hours ago, brutalbears said:

Oh ya. I still need to award my cardio for last week...

Bring it on!  I'll get it in one way or another. 

-----------------------------------

Feeling 100% better than I did 28hrs ago when I went into the promptcare.  Prednizone (sp?) is a hell of a drug.

Having coughing fits a couple times per hour but I'm hopefully to still get some gym time in this week.  Was planning on consolidating to 3 lifting days this week anyway so may still get up there in volume, as mentioned above. 

• Like 2

Oh!  Forgot to mention.  

Tyson apparently has frozen bags of pre-shredded chicken breast.  When you combine them with a bag full of steamfresh veggies and/or rice you get one of the best microwave meals I've ever made myself.  I think it may be my new go-to and the key to getting eating back on track.  

Seriously, half a bag of the frozen chicken and a bag of the steamfresh chicken flavored rice mix tasted like it could have come from a chinese restaurant. 

I've also gotten a hot tip that my local Kroger started carrying Halo Top.  I will be going on a recon mission and reporting back with my findings. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Broba Fett said:

Tyson apparently has frozen bags of pre-shredded chicken breast.

If you own a wood chipper, you can do this on your own. Works with any type of meat. Fun to watch.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, calanthrophy said:

If you own a wood chipper, you can do this on your own. Works with any type of meat. Fun to watch.

Or, if you are less industrious, you can shred chicken breasts with your hand held kitchen mixer. I learnt that here on NF and it works like magic. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, calanthrophy said:

Remind me to never go camping with you.

Image result for tucker and dale vs evil wood chipper gif

• Like 3