• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Broba Fett

Broba Fett Out-lifts The Warriors

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

 

Or, if you are less industrious, you can shred chicken breasts with your hand held kitchen mixer. I learnt that here on NF and it works like magic. 

 I read that as insidious.

The mixer is a brilliant idea and I will have to try it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, calanthrophy said:

Exactly what I was thinking of! I love that movie.

 

I'd post a gif of the scene in Fargo it made me think of but I'm pretty sure there's a forum rule against graphic gore.  

 

Excellent point though.  Idk why I'm not just throwing chickens in the grinder. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Broba Fett said:

 

I'd post a gif of the scene in Fargo it made me think of but I'm pretty sure there's a forum rule against graphic gore.  

 

Excellent point though.  Idk why I'm not just throwing chickens in the grinder. 

 

So there's something wrong with me today. Because I read as Choking chickens in the grinder. I need to go lift something, shut my brain off for an hour.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Broba Fett said:

Bring it on!  I'll get it in one way or another. 

I will go easy by giving my favorite end game workout. I don't know the real name-we call it the paddle game. You must hang from a bar and have partner move around a stick or paddle (works best). They position the paddle and tell you which foot and how. So they may raise the paddle high on your right and say "left foot-top of paddle" or "both feet-bottom" etc. 3 times this week -2 minutes each. It will destroy your core-and it is fun.

 

If not, I call for burpees! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, brutalbears said:

I will go easy by giving my favorite end game workout. I don't know the real name-we call it the paddle game. You must hang from a bar and have partner move around a stick or paddle (works best). They position the paddle and tell you which foot and how. So they may raise the paddle high on your right and say "left foot-top of paddle" or "both feet-bottom" etc. 3 times this week -2 minutes each. It will destroy your core-and it is fun.

 

If not, I call for burpees! 

 

Looks like tomorrow will be the first day back so I will murder this until my grip gives out for each 2 min portion and then do burpees to finish it up. 

 

Feeling even better today but still hacking up nastiness.  Taking Mucinex and hopefully getting it all up today.  Ready to be done with all this weakness. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, on the bright side, I've been on it with my food the past couple days. The precooked chicken and steam bag veggies are doing the trick.  And it's nice to know that I can go grab a pint of ice cream when I feel the need. 

 

I'm interested to see what weight is whenever I get back in to the gym. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You also need to get back to your lifting game!!! I put up a (at least for my bodystate/weight) respectable 26526 lbs in yesterday's workout alone. Combined with monday puts you behind 40k. (And @brutalbears already has double that!)

 

lol cartoons & comics laughing laugh haha GIF

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mr_willes said:

You also need to get back to your lifting game!!! I put up a (at least for my bodystate/weight) respectable 26526 lbs in yesterday's workout alone. Combined with monday puts you behind 40k. (And @brutalbears already has double that!)

 

white-gandalf-i-come-back-to-you-now-at-

 

Finally!  Back in the gym today.

 

Started by paying off my debt to @brutalbears  Grip strength wasn't having the exercise described so I opted for burpees.  50 of them, to be exact.  

 

My intention was to time myself to see how quickly I could get 50 in but my first coughing fit occurred about 9 reps in.  So I settled for 5 sets of 10 with walks to the water fountain between.

 

After that, with tris and quads already a-burning, went and did chest/bis day and then worked in all my tris work as well.  

 

Moved 30,841lbs of iron.  Add in the 10k from the 50 burpees and my weekly total is already up to 40,841lbs in a total of about 1.5hrs of work.

 

How you like them apples @mr_willes?

 

giphy.gif

 

(I may have lowered the seated triceps press to 100lbs and did 4 sets of 15 at the end of my workout just to jump ahead after that callout.)

 

I then went home and had my first lucky charms-flavored protein shake with milk and a raw egg and brought my haggard ass in to work.

 

Where's everybody else at this week?  Don't tell me y'all are going easy on me just because I was sick for over half the week.  @Laghail @Leigh @Jarric @jonfirestar @MikeWazowski  Also Argski, Sam Ashen, and Matty McFly... (Apparently you can only tag so many people in one post?)

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Broba Fett said:

Where's everybody else at this week?  Don't tell me y'all are going easy on me just because I was sick for over half the week.  @Laghail @Leigh @Jarric @jonfirestar @MikeWazowski  Also Argski, Sam Ashen, and Matty McFly... (Apparently you can only tag so many people in one post?)

How dare you tag @Laghail instead of me!

giphy.gif

Vengeance will come...likely in the form of a shit ton of kettlebell and mace work on Saturday to boost the total with low weight, high rep. But anyways here was a deload week bench score.

 

Bench - 5525

Accessory - 21540

Conditioning - 2226

Total - 29291

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ArgSki77 said:

How dare you tag @Laghail instead of me!

 

He makes me feel pretty.  You don't even comment anymore when I do my makeup.

 

Good job getting that in sir.  I think I'll need to do a bodyweight circuit this weekend just to have a chance with most of you guys this week. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Broba Fett said:

Good job getting that in sir.  I think I'll need to do a bodyweight circuit this weekend just to have a chance with most of you guys this week. 

Thats really the way that I was able to get any sort of major number during accessory...dips and ring rows at around 75% BW due to the band assist. 3x10 of each and that cranks up the numbers fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Broba Fett said:

Moved 30,841lbs of iron.  Add in the 10k from the 50 burpees and my weekly total is already up to 40,841lbs in a total of about 1.5hrs of work.

 

I was going to go run as my penance for indulging yesterday, but reading that shit? Fuck it. Full body TRX workout. I'm showing up to get strong and I can't do that if I'm not challenging the biggest and baddest warriors here.

 

Image result for gym wildlife gif

 

Side note. @Broba Fett how do you want me to count that workout? Full bodyweight?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grumble said:

 

Side note. @Broba Fett how do you want me to count that workout? Full bodyweight?

 

It's up to you, whatever you feel like you've earned.  I'm only counting half bodyweight since I'm ~400lbs and it'd be too easy to just do 50 air squats per day at full body weight and run away with it.  Only places I'm not just defaulting to half body weight is when I'm doing assisted (whatever adjusted weight is after you subtract assistance, usually less than half anyway) and if/when I get some box jumps in, only because I'm still pretty fucking proud of being able to do box jumps at ~400lbs, so those will be full bodyweight. 

 

I believe @brutalbears was doing full bodyweight for each movement except lunges, which are at 50% each?  And it looks like Argski took off some on rows and dips due to band assistance as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Broba Fett said:

Where's everybody else at this week?  Don't tell me y'all are going easy on me just because I was sick for over half the week.  @Laghail @Leigh @Jarric @jonfirestar @MikeWazowski  Also Argski, Sam Ashen, and Matty McFly... (Apparently you can only tag so many people in one post?)

 

Sorry dude, I've spent a lot of this week sleeping and non of it in the gym. Got in 6,048# of pull-ups so far and that's about it. Gonna get in the gym tomorrow, but I don't think I'll be challenging you any time soon!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Broba Fett said:

I believe @brutalbears was doing full bodyweight for each movement except lunges, which are at 50% each?  And it looks like Argski took off some on rows and dips due to band assistance as well. 

Yeah I was using a set of bands that was roughly 40lbs of support for dips and then ring rows I figured were something similar since it wouldnt be full BW since I am leaning back at an angle.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Where's everybody else at this week?  Don't tell me y'all are going easy on me just because I was sick for over half the week.  @Laghail @Leigh @Jarric @jonfirestar @MikeWazowski  Also Argski, Sam Ashen, and Matty McFly... (Apparently you can only tag so many people in one post?)

 

Oh man! You caught the same horrible thing I had last month! :( I only got antibiotics though, hopefully you'll be back to 100% way faster than me :)

 

I have been taking it a bit lazy this week because of Mass Effect Andromeda and a scheduling catastrophe that I had to solve for today. I'm rocking out on something like 4 hours of bad sleep Whoooo!!

 

I did lift over 22k lbs of iron today which was nice. Not likely going to be much in the way of competition for you this week but I am having way too much fun with ME:A to care!

 

We'll see if I can do a bit more damage over the weekend though.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sitting at 50.8k for the week so far, one more lifting session left in the week. But this weekend I may pound out an insane number of push-ups and squats to try and beat your total.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jarric said:

 

Sorry dude, I've spent a lot of this week sleeping and non of it in the gym. Got in 6,048# of pull-ups so far and that's about it. Gonna get in the gym tomorrow, but I don't think I'll be challenging you any time soon!

 

It's all good man, I know you have a lot of shit going on.  Just wanted to check in on you. 

 

1 hour ago, Leigh said:

I did lift over 22k lbs of iron today which was nice. Not likely going to be much in the way of competition for you this week but I am having way too much fun with ME:A to care!

 

Nice!  I don't blame you at all on that.  I was telling Oramac and Starpuck that I've had ME3 sitting on my dresser for like 4 years waiting to be played and I may actually get around to it since Andromeda looks so good. 

 

35 minutes ago, brutalbears said:

Hey I never followed up. How did you feel about my cardio choice?

 

I wasn't able to do it.  Grip strength just isn't there yet. :(  Or more accurately, body weight isn't low enough yet.   I can free hang but when you start putting in movement it slips pretty quick.

 

So I opted for the burpees this morning. Got 50 of them in before lifting. And I hated every second of it, tyvm. :D

 

27 minutes ago, MikeWazowski said:

Sitting at 50.8k for the week so far, one more lifting session left in the week. But this weekend I may pound out an insane number of push-ups and squats to try and beat your total.

 

5371a6bec6b42d0ca7e9f828b6194a5c1f2d0065

 

 

Just found out that the kid's spring break starts tomorrow.  (On a friday, wtf?)  So gym in the morning is unlikely but I may go down in the basement and get some deadlift volume in.  I only have 300lbs down there so I'll have to get creative. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Leigh said:

I am having way too much fun with ME:A to care!

 

I am running into this problem as well.  Plus having knee issues on top of it.  

 

Between chest/arms on Monday and my random knee-therapy crap yesterday, I'm in the neighborhood of 20k so far this week.  Though I do plan to go in tomorrow for a MASSIVE workout session (barring any recurring knee issues).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Broba Fett said:

It's all good man, I know you have a lot of shit going on.  Just wanted to check in on you. 

 

No worries dude, do keep pushing me - I need it right now! Might try and get creative over the weekend to at least get me into a 5 figure total!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.