• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CheshireCrab

Run, Swim, Ride! A Crab Journey

April 8th, 2017 – With being alone for the weekend I decided to catch up on some work for the day. First things first, I got my workout out of the way by starting with my Nerd Fitness Boss battle. This boss battle involved a series of Chin-Ups, Pistol Squats, and Double Unders. I didn’t complete my boss battle this time, I still have to get better at doing double unders.

Next was a 21k(~13 mile) bike ride, taking a trip to a beach I use to frequent in my high school days.  After my bike trip I finished off with 30 burpees, a cold shower, and a glass of chocolate milk. The rest of my day was spent writing till the late evening.

Daily Photo Journal:

Spoiler

longlakebeach.jpg

On 4/9/2017 at 8:40 AM, CheshireCrab said:

I really like the reactions of the Korean hosts! They seem to go from super excited to deadpan. Never really a middle ground. I think I found my replacement show for Ninja Warrior!

The Korean hosts are the best!  I find the woman was especially funny:  She would be so excited and then when the contender failed, she would immediately stop and give THE look; glare of a disappointed mother, who you have shamed.  She was hilarious because of that.

The Brazilian hosts were the ultimate trolls though; they were hilariously mean and funny.

April 12th, 2017 - Today’s weather was a bit of a strange one. This morning, when I was heading off to work, I had to brush off some snow from my car and wear a warm sweatshirt. As I was heading to class this evening I found myself driving past green lawns and joggers in tank tops.

I took advantage of this warm weather and dropped by a trail near the campus. This trail is a short, 2-mile route that goes around the beautiful Normandale Lake Bandshell. Got to fit in a nice run before leaving to class.

trailwaterquest.png

Daily Photo Journal:

Spoiler

trailbywater.jpg

• Like 1

Hehe, I live in a state that has sporadic Spring weather as well; beautiful, warm 60+ degree mornings that can easily end in below 30 weather with snow.  It can be very confusing.

But it looks like you were able to take advantage of a beautiful afternoon!  That photo is gorgeous and it seems like it was a great time for a run :)

• Like 1

On 4/13/2017 at 11:47 AM, BlackTezca said:

Hehe, I live in a state that has sporadic Spring weather as well; beautiful, warm 60+ degree mornings that can easily end in below 30 weather with snow.  It can be very confusing.

But it looks like you were able to take advantage of a beautiful afternoon!  That photo is gorgeous and it seems like it was a great time for a run :)

Man,this past Winter and Spring has had some pretty unusual weather. March was so warm I didn't expect to see any snowfall for Spring this year. Guess I was wrong!

• Like 1

April 13th, 2017 – A few weeks ago my friend, and Spartan Race team member, set up a challenge to do 30 Burpees a day every single day until race day. I’ve been neglecting my last 3 days of strength training and burpees in favor of studying for my finals so I had quite a few to pay back.

This morning I went for my swim and 1-mile walk. After my walk around the park I decided to complete my 100 burpees(Rounded it up by 10).  It took me about 9 minutes to complete my set of burpees then took some time to stretch out and head back home to get ready for work.

100burpees1.png

Daily Photo Journal:

Spoiler

20170413_072129.jpg

Looks like it's the end this month's challenge which means it's time to round up this month's grading. This month's challenge would be grade similarly to last month's challenge and follow an all-or-nothing rule.

This month came with a bit of an issue that was entirely self-inflicted. In March I transitioned into a new job that came with a lot of adjustments, and for a while, I didn't really have any spending money. I ended up having to take a break from Parkour, Martial Arts, and Weight-lifting for a bit because I couldn't afford to pay my gym membership until I got my first pay check.

Point Scoring

Spoiler

March Challenges

Fitness Challenges(0/3)

• Go to Martial Art Classes 3x a week
  • Attend Parkour/Freerunning Classes 2x a week(min.)
  • Weight Lifting Class 1x a week(min.)

Triathlon Challenges(0/2)

• Swim 2x a week
  • Bike 2x a week
  • Run 2x a week

Life Challenges(0/2)

• Wake up at 7:00 AM or earlier each day(Including Weekends!)
  • Spend 30 minutes a day programming a personal projecs

Major Quests(1/2)

My goal is to at least complete 1 quest a day from the NerdFitness Academy Quests. However, these are the major Quests I want to complete for March:

Spoiler

swoldermort.png

burpeebop.png

Final Grade

Yikes! Seems my score is a bit low this month. While I have been doing 5/6 Triathlon workouts each week there was at least one week per month where I either neglected doing a swimming, running, or biking workout. Not sticking to the plan ending up hurting my grade just a little bit.

Point Scoring

Spoiler

F: 0 Tasks Completed

D: 1 Tasks Completed

D+: 2 Tasks Completed

C-: 3 Tasks Completed

C: 4 Tasks Completed

C+: 5 Tasks Completed

B-: 6 Tasks Completed

B: 7 Tasks Completed

B+: 8 Tasks Completed

A-: 9 Tasks Completed

A: 10 Tasks Completed

With 1 Task complete that puts me at the poor grade of:

D.0.png

Final Thoughts:

I am pretty bummed out at such a poor performance this challenge. I could point the finger at a number of things that led me to this, but in the end that would just be excusing myself for not sticking through with my plan. I feel like the primary cause for not sticking to my plan was because I ended up being derailed from my habits.

Previous challenges I had my schedule set to a tee so I had just the perfect balance between school, work, and fitness. This month my schedule was all over the place so there were a lot of days when one of these three activities ended up being neglected in favor of another. I recognized this was a problem a couple of weeks ago and worked on setting up a new kind of schedule. So far, this schedule has been working out wonders!

Next challenge I want to stick to this new schedule and see if I can finally get that A-ranking.

Nerd Fitness Academy Stats:

OBZkGEO.png

Fitocracy Stats

7Kh9AY7.png

Body Shots

Spoiler

68Gz5L0.jpgkd2kHS0.jpgpQMX99W.jpg8P1PKfW.jpg

Rfrfnrk.jpgMZxCyP2.jpgQpdzojH.jpg3ZNvl4v.jpg

GPcmTat.jpgcpXxuWu.jpguT9xVtR.jpgq2ChJ1h.jpg

bWbTt4n.jpgqRIv5aM.jpg8kO0ANt.jpgs3lr3ih.jpg

Measurements

cMUIHUl.png

_________

Next challenge I will be continuing my triathlon training while mixing in strength training from weight lifting and the NF Academy workouts. I have one boss battle left until I've defeated all the NF Academy bosses. It's been pretty difficult trying to defeat this final boss, mainly because I am really bad at double unders. After I beat the final boss I will be focusing on some more customized workouts that will lead to crossing some of the more difficult Quests like human flags and 1 handed pull-ups.

I've also been thinking about this for a while and decided I'm going to be switching over to the Rangers Guild. It just feels like it makes the most sense with how my workout regime has been these past few months.

Hope everyone had a better challenge than I did, see you in the next challenge!

• Like 1

Good luck with the rangers!  It maybe a good fit considering what you are training for.  Also; while it sucks about the challenge, life has a while of going off the rails and impacting things.  You have a really good handle at what affected you this challenge and I think that will definitely lead to success next challenge!  Mind posting a link to your next challenge so we maybe able to follow along for the ride :D

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BlackTezca said:

Good luck with the rangers!  It maybe a good fit considering what you are training for.  Also; while it sucks about the challenge, life has a while of going off the rails and impacting things.  You have a really good handle at what affected you this challenge and I think that will definitely lead to success next challenge!  Mind posting a link to your next challenge so we maybe able to follow along for the ride :D

Thank you, Tezca! I really appreciate the support! Here is the link to my next challenge!

• Like 1