Minis - Ruined Temple

Teros

*GWUAHH!*

You snap awake.  What the hell was that nightmare that you just had?  You were in a dark stone prison or something and there was a beast chasing you.  *Sigh*  Maybe it's time.  Maybe you should go out on an Adventure.  Your brain must be calling you to do *something* at this point.

You already went to the shop and got your slingshot, sword, and shield so with this weird nightmare fog starting to shake away, it's time to head out.

The sun is already out - must have slept a little late.  The Quest-Giver told you to head past the Scree Fields and look for the cluster of gray spiked stones near the abandoned graveyard.  Thankfully there's plenty of light in the day to get lost and still make it past the graveyard while the sun is out.  But you should probably go now.  Grabbing a knapsack and your weapons, you leave the village and hike through the Scree Fields...

Mini this week:

5 Miles (8km?) to get through the Scree Fields and find the jagged stones.

• Like 4
  • Teros pinned this topic

Having left a little later than you wanted to, you make it to the graveyard.  The sun has a few hours left. Finding your way to the pyramid of stones, you find an inscription carved on the topmost one.  Fiddling with your knapsack, you pull out the ocarina.

Image result for ocarina

The notes you were told to play ring through the ocarina.  At your last note, there is a trembling underneath your feet. The rock pyramid clatters together and topples over in a wide pile.  Kicking the last few stones out of the way, you see a stairway leads down.  You descend.

Scuffing your way down the stairs, the underground opens up into a large cavern with a temple in the middle.  You were told that funeral rites were performed here many ages ago, but deep inside was an imbued dagger that could 'eat flames'.  Kicking loose stones as you walk along, you keep your ears perked up in case of any dangers.  The stones you kick echo slightly through the cavern. 

Making your way to the temple front steps, a tan stone door is blocked.  Shoving it a few times doesn't move it an inch.  You decide to play your ocarina again and the noise of grating rocks splinters through the air.  With another shove, you pry yourself through the door.

But there is a low rumble of other stones coming from further away. 

Eyes narrowed, you scope around the area after lighting a torch.  Your sight acclimated, the rumbling gets louder and then dozens of stones collide against the door.  The door must have been triggered somehow, and rocks were placed along an assembly line above the door.

They collide with each other and smash against the inside part of the door. You dart away and watch as the entrance/exit is now completely blockaded.  In order to make sure you can leave later on, you should take care of this issue right now.  You grab the stones, twist, and throw them over to the side.

Mini this week:

300 Russian Twists (Can hold a weight/medicine ball/or a jug of water for this).

• Like 1

*urrgggg* You toss the last stone half-heartedly away from the door.  At least you know that if anything goes wrong and you need to bolt out of here, you will be able to escape quickly.

You grunt as you pick up the torch and make your way into the actual temple.  There is a very long and narrow corridor with unlit torches adorned on the brick walls.  You close your eyes and imagine this is what it would look like when lit:

Related image

The torches are pretty high to get to: you swing at an unlit one above and can't reach.  Trying to manage a little jump, a bit of ember sparks but you can't stay in the air long enough for the torch tips to ignite.  Grabbing a stone that you had move, you drop it in front, like a stepstool.  You stand on top of it and are wobbly, but can't reach until...  you do a calf-raise on your tippy toes.  "I need to light this whole corridor if I want to see traps up ahead" you tell yourself.

Mini this week:

250 Calf Raises

• Like 2

The doorway lit up, there was a jingle that echoed through the temple.

The end of the hallway was illuminated enough as a loud stone grinding noise reverberated through the hall.  Passing the dozens of torches, you make your way to the stone door.  You push lightly and it grinds open.  Leading into the next room, you see a couple more torches. You light them and don't hear a jingle this time.  Pushing the next door, it won't budge.  What gives? 

You scope around the room and see a bundle of ropes really high along the ceiling.  There's too much darkness to make out specifics.  Getting out your slingshot, you grab a couple small rocks and lock on to the bundle. 

*FWINK* You hit the bundle and a clattering of wooden steps jangles against the rock wall.  A ladder!  Time to climb up and and investigate.

Mini this week:

5 minutes of High-knees to climb the ladder.  (You can do this in 30 second bursts or all at once. Your choice.)

On Wednesday, March 22, 2017 at 8:37 PM, Blaze said:

So where do I track how many miles I've traveled looking around in this giant field of stones for a bunch somewhat different looking stones? :P 

Oh the stones are arranged in a pyramid-like shape.  You'll known it when you see them.

5Mile completed.

6 hours ago, Teros said:

Oh the stones are arranged in a pyramid-like shape.  You'll known it when you see them.

5Mile completed.

Ah.  THOSE stones.  I passed those miles back.  And then i got lost, just a little bit.

Okay, here I am back at the stones again.   This magical gizmo I bought from a second-hand wizard says I've walked twenty-five mice.  I think it must mean miles and not mice, because I don't have more than three mice on my person at the moment.  And they haven't walked at all, they're just along for the ride.  So, heck.  I'm just gonna sit on the edge of this pyramid-type thing and catch my breath.  Give me a minute....

• Like 2

Blaze the Bounty Hunter

“Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together.”   Vincent Van Gogh

I went too many miles past the stones, but I doubled back and found them.  Too many caffeine potions.  Now I'm going in circles around the stones, uh... examining them, yeah!

• Like 2

Level: 15 Race: Human Class: Adventurer (Sailor Senshi/Aes Sedai)

STR: 14    DEX: 12    STA: 16   CON: 28   WIS: 26    CHA: 15 

(unspent points: 6? challenges worth)

Weight Loss Progress (SW 12/5/15 272)

Mini-Goal: Get back down to my low 152.2 - SW 6/1/17 170.4 - CW 6/10/17: 166.6

regained the last few months - back on track losing in June

My Battle Log|My NF Character Sheet

Challenges:

1/16-2/16-3/16-4/16-5/16-6/16-7/16-8/16-9/16-11/16-12/16-1/17-2/17-

Got my 5 miles in by walking to and from work this week! It's just slightly over a mile one way! 10 in total

Got to say, the switch from winter hiking boots to my New Balance minimus today was a slight shock to my feet! So light! So strange! So happy to not have to wear big heavy plodding boots xD

• Like 2

Weight Loss. 195lbs -> 135lbs (60lbs target loss)

0%
0%

I bypassed the stones, doubled back, walked ahead, doubled back, walked ahead again, came back, and now I'm just chilling on the stones awaiting the next challenge.

• Like 1

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Embraces His Wild Poet

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals More

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b

Super late but I'm in.

Despite her late realisation, Kaite had luckily been hiking through the scree fields in search of branches for her trusty black wolven companion to maul. Still there was some distance to go so she hurried to catch up.

After clearing the door and carefully lighting torches along the halway she waited in anticipation of what was yet to come.

• Like 1

'A path is made by walking on it'

Character Profile

Strava

Adrianne sighs and sits down at the end of the corridor and stretches out her legs. Man those torches was high up! But now they are all lit and she can almost see her hand when she holds it up in front of her face. Progress, right? She decides to catch her breath a bit and wait for anyone else that might be coming down another corridor.

LE DONE! 250 calf raises finished, these were fun! :D  

• Like 1

Wolfen spotted the ladder and carefully scaled it to the first tier. Once at the top, a slippery gob of wet leaves prevented his grip and threatened his secure footing. After a risky and filthy job of cleaning out this damp mess, he was finally able to reach the first tier and enjoy the view.

I cleaned out the gutters above my neighbor's garage...

• Like 1

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals More

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

When Wolfen awoke, he was transported to a magical world full of various animals and wildlife. He braved the endless sea of people marching, bumping, and rolling their way through the maze of exotic and familiar lifeforms who peered curiously from their guarded habitats. The most challenging task, however, was managing his own tiny giggling younglings as they darted to and fro, seeming to be transformed by the mysterious and magnificent creatures all around them. Amid the hoots and howls of apes, Wolfen found himself also drawn into this powerful place and wished to stay awhile longer.

Took my children to the Columbus Zoo: walked just under 8 miles in 6 hours.

• Like 1

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler