iatetheyeti: The Calm Before the Cataclysm

iatetheyeti

Yay that your landlord responded in time! I've got all my fingers crossed for you that you get the place you want! If all goes well, how long 'til moving day?

Re: the job moving stress, it's natural to be nervous about a new place and new people, but remember that some of the powers that be at your current place have shown confidence in you in the past. They trust you with a lot of things, and that trust was earned because you're a hard worker and you do your job well. The powers that be at the new place will see that in you too.

• Like 1

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

20 hours ago, iatetheyeti said:

Honestly, out of the two it's the job transfer that's causing me the most stress. I'm terrified of what will happen there. New place, new people, maybe even a new position with which I have no experience. In comparison moving house is just awkward...

The job move will be ok. It's hard finding your place with new people, but you'll settle in soon enough.

And if it doesn't work for you then no problem, it'll pay the bills whilst you look for something better :)

• Like 1

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 16  -  CON: 22  -  CHA: 9  -  SAN: 19 -  INT: 17

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Jarric embraces brevity

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

17 hours ago, obax said:

Yay that your landlord responded in time! I've got all my fingers crossed for you that you get the place you want! If all goes well, how long 'til moving day?

Re: the job moving stress, it's natural to be nervous about a new place and new people, but remember that some of the powers that be at your current place have shown confidence in you in the past. They trust you with a lot of things, and that trust was earned because you're a hard worker and you do your job well. The powers that be at the new place will see that in you too.

I'm out of this current place May 14th regardless, so it'd be nice if I had a place of my own to go to!

I think that's partly what's keeping me from really freaking out about this whole thing. I can do my job and I can do it well, I've basically had no choice but to learn how to do that, and on my own as well, so even if I am placed in a new department I shouldn't be worrying so much because I know I can adapt. But here I am worrying anyway. I think it's my default setting...

4 hours ago, Jarric said:

The job move will be ok. It's hard finding your place with new people, but you'll settle in soon enough.

And if it doesn't work for you then no problem, it'll pay the bills whilst you look for something better :)

Here's hoping! Heh, see, now that's exactly what I'm intending. I'll stay with the company for as long as I need to, but if the opportunity arises for me to jump into a job actually relevant to the career I want to pursue then I will absolutely take it.

• Like 2

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

You can do this, you just need to relax. Tell your brain that Stress mode, isn't the only mode, your mind works so much better when you're not straining yourself

• Like 1

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

On 4/6/2017 at 4:48 AM, obax said:

Hey, just checking in and saying hi. How are things going? Hope it's well, but if not, I'm sending positive vibes proactively!

Appreciated, because things really are not going well. I'm trying to stay on top of it, but there are so many things coming at me from so many directions it's just overwhelming. I don't really know what to do with it all, and it doesn't help that a good portion of it is work stuff.

I just really don't know, you know? I kinda wish burying my head in the sand until things quiet down was an option...

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Sorry to hear things are so rough again. At least it's not long now until you go, right? 

Sending you positive vibes and virtual hugs. Stay strong, Yeti. You got this!

• Like 1

“All You Have To Decide Is What To Do With The Time That Is Given To You.” - Gandalf

Current Challenge: A Bold New Year

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728 29|30

The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Dúnedain Ranger: Vol I, Vol IIVol III, Interim| Vol IV|Vol V 

Man, that sucks. But like Tank and Rhovaniel say, you'll be gone before long, just put your head down and keep on truckin', you'll get there. It's what, 3 weeks? I'll continue to send positive vibes your way, and we're all here for you if you need a vent (publicly or privately, my PM is always open). You got this, my friend, and you'll be in a new place soon!

• Like 2

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Hi Yeti, hope things are picking up for you - sending good thoughts you way.

• Like 1

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 16  -  CON: 22  -  CHA: 9  -  SAN: 19 -  INT: 17

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Jarric embraces brevity

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

You can get through this Yeti. You've proven time and time again that you have an amazing amount of strength inside you. We're all here for you if you need to talk, scream, vent; whatever you need. Positive vibes coming your way via internets. 

• Like 1

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

On 4/7/2017 at 9:03 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Sorry work is so stinky. You'll be gone before you know it.

On 4/8/2017 at 2:08 AM, obax said:

Man, that sucks. But like Tank and Rhovaniel say, you'll be gone before long, just put your head down and keep on truckin', you'll get there. It's what, 3 weeks? I'll continue to send positive vibes your way, and we're all here for you if you need a vent (publicly or privately, my PM is always open). You got this, my friend, and you'll be in a new place soon!

On 4/11/2017 at 9:28 AM, Jarric said:

Hi Yeti, hope things are picking up for you - sending good thoughts you way.

On 4/11/2017 at 10:40 AM, Charlie_Quinn said:

You can get through this Yeti. You've proven time and time again that you have an amazing amount of strength inside you. We're all here for you if you need to talk, scream, vent; whatever you need. Positive vibes coming your way via internets. 

Appreciate it, guys, thank you :) 

I'm just counting down the days, trying not to stress too much (and mostly failing, truth be told), and essentially trying to focus on finding somewhere to live. Apparently the transfer has gone through, I'm just waiting on instructions for my next steps there.

...and I think someone sent me a curse over the phone. This is the second trans-Atlantic call I've had that's resulted in a four minute long voicemail that sounds like it should end with the creepy kid from The Ring crawling out of my phone. Whether it's an expensive and really random pocket dial or an extremely dedicated scammer, it's given me something to be amused about.

Got a day off of work tomorrow, and I'm going to use a decent portion of it to really evaluate things and see how best to move forward.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, iatetheyeti said:

I'm just counting down the days, trying not to stress too much (and mostly failing, truth be told), and essentially trying to focus on finding somewhere to live. Apparently the transfer has gone through, I'm just waiting on instructions for my next steps there.

Oh no, did you not get the flat you liked? At least the transfer thing is good news.

Continuing to send all the positive vibes I can, Yeti. Just a little longer, hang in there!

“All You Have To Decide Is What To Do With The Time That Is Given To You.” - Gandalf

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728 29|30

The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Dúnedain Ranger: Vol I, Vol IIVol III, Interim| Vol IV|Vol V 

9 minutes ago, Rhovaniel said:

Oh no, did you not get the flat you liked? At least the transfer thing is good news.

Continuing to send all the positive vibes I can, Yeti. Just a little longer, hang in there!

I'm trying to sort out what's going on with that. Yesterday I got a voicemail from the agency telling me they didn't have my landlord's reference despite the fact that they'd already confirmed they did have it. So I've sent off an email to them to find out what's going on, and hopefully I'll get a straight answer at some point soon. At this point though I think it's safe to assume that I haven't got it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, iatetheyeti said:

I'm trying to sort out what's going on with that. Yesterday I got a voicemail from the agency telling me they didn't have my landlord's reference despite the fact that they'd already confirmed they did have it. So I've sent off an email to them to find out what's going on, and hopefully I'll get a straight answer at some point soon. At this point though I think it's safe to assume that I haven't got it.

Thats a whole bucket of suck, Yeti. I remain hopeful that you have, but it doesn't sound too encouraging. Fingers crossed it'll work out. Is meditation helping at all?

• Like 3

Spoiler

On 4/14/2017 at 9:49 AM, Rhovaniel said:

Thats a whole bucket of suck, Yeti. I remain hopeful that you have, but it doesn't sound too encouraging. Fingers crossed it'll work out. Is meditation helping at all?

If it doesn't, I'm hoping to find something I can at least take a shot at next week.

The meditation is helping a little, although I kind of feel like most of the help it could give me is being cancelled out by how exhausted I am. Basically I'm dozing off for ten minutes at a time right now!

• Like 1

Sorry, went a little awol. How's things, Yeti? 

• Like 2

Spoiler

On 4/19/2017 at 3:19 PM, Rhovaniel said:

Sorry, went a little awol. How's things, Yeti? 

...you and me both! I kind of a holding pattern right now, waiting for replies for my latest applications and trying not to do too much overthinking.

• Like 1

After giving some consideration to just not doing a challenge, I decided that it wasn't really in my best interests to step back from the one social outlet I have, so I skipped back on over to the Rangers for this.

• Like 1