Twilight: I'm ready for the fight and fate

Twilight

Sisters of Mercy, cool I haven't listened to them in quite some time. I was listening to some Bauhaus this morning, they came up on my Nox Arcana station on Slacker.

No work Yoga for me, the boss is on the warpath, I can't have anything non-work related out at my desk nor can I be in my cubicle on breaks.

Race:  Dragonborn     Class:  Druid/Monk

The Journey to Force Mastery: #1 #2  #3 #4 #5 __

The Legend     The Struggle    My MFP Profile    My Strava Profile

I made a new logbook for April & May, and showed my husband the three of them and geeked out over the iterations. I work in an Agile environment, so I'm all about continuous improvement. :-p

I've got my post-it on my desk to track desk push ups. I'm standing again and ready to dance!

20 hours ago, Teirin said:

Nice playlist!  Should get Spotify setup.

The playlist is just one of the albums. :)

I preferred the Grooveshark and Audiosplitter setups. I'm really annoyed that Spotify won't even let you have an avatar without linking to FB. I loved that I could upload a custom cover and header image for playlists I created on other services. I put a lot of time into crafting playlists and choosing the right images to represent them. Blah.

17 hours ago, Draegon (Liam P Boyle) said:

Sisters of Mercy, cool I haven't listened to them in quite some time. I was listening to some Bauhaus this morning, they came up on my Nox Arcana station on Slacker.

No work Yoga for me, the boss is on the warpath, I can't have anything non-work related out at my desk nor can I be in my cubicle on breaks.

I love Bauhaus, too!

Ugh, it's so unpleasant when someone in a position of power takes their bad mood out on everyone.

• Like 3

I'm glad you're feeling better! that cold sounds like a TERRIBLE souvenir.

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

Two sets of 10 desk pushups already today! My shoulders have a wee bit of DOMS from the last two days. :D Standing and dancing already, too! 

23 hours ago, RogueLibrarian said:

I saw Bauhaus play live! It was (one of?) the last show(s) of the tour, and I think they were a little punchy. They played Ziggy three times in a row.

I'm not really fond of their cover because it sounds too much like the original (like what's the point of covering it? see A Perfect Circle: eMOTIVe) but hot DAMN that video.

21 hours ago, karinajean said:

I'm glad you're feeling better! that cold sounds like a TERRIBLE souvenir.

I didn't even go anywhere! :(

15 hours ago, Draegon (Liam P Boyle) said:

Oh here's the station link for you@twilight "Liam's CheeseSteamGothPunkAlt Radio" on Slacker!

http://slacker.com/r/SrQCl

Thanks! Listening now! :D

So tired from the weekend! I didn't get enough sleep. I'm working on getting back to 8 hours of sleep, and I'm feeling good that I'll be able to do that this week.

Standing at my desk, dancing, one set of inclined pushups complete.

I measured myself yesterday because I got new leggings with an Amazon gift card and a friend was wondering how they fit. 32" waist, 44" hips. I've gained for sure, and am feeling frustrated about that. I know I haven't been working out, and I know I haven't been watching what I eat (or avoiding snacks), so it makes sense, but it's frustrating because it hasn't felt excessive. I guess it's been just enough surplus to make a difference. Grr. I'm talking to a person about seeing if we're compatible for grownup fun stuff and they're a competitive bodybuilder, so if it turns out that we get along, I foresee a really nice way to get back into things more seriously.

Went to the record store with my gf on Saturday and it turned into a whole date day. :D We walked through the ravine, window shopped, and she caught the vinyl bug (mwahahaha). Then we went for sushi, and stopped in at a fundraiser for my older kid's class trip at the end of the year. We spent Saturday night listening to records with Mr. Husband, and it was so good.

I ordered two records from a seller on Discogs last week (First and Last and Always, Sisters of Mercy, and VivisectVI, Skinny Puppy) and I'm really excited about them. I also found a Bauhaus album at the record store in the "to be priced" section - CAN'T WAIT. :D It feels great to be really excited and happy about things. That's something I really hate about depression; it takes that away from you.

Feeling happy today. :)

• Like 7

Thanks!

It's another dreary, rainy day here, but it's definitely spring time! I'm sure that's helping a lot with my mood! I love springtime. It's so drawn-out here; the dreary, bleary, chilly blah weather lasts two months, or even three. Seeing green shoots is amazing and wonderful.

I'm trying to avoid soy because I've noticed that soy sauce makes my digestive system feel bad. I had sushi for lunch with no soy sauce, and am sad now.

• Like 2

Thanks! Sushi with no soy sauce (and I didn't have the miso soup, either) was harder than I expected. Blah.

Rebleached my hair last night because it's time, and I have a photoshoot tomorrow! AAAH! I'm gonna be in a magazine!

Standing at my desk, ready for moving around today. My calendar is starting to get that full, warmer-weather look. I'm going to be careful with that because having more down time has been really good for me.

I need to get more stretching in.

Art stuff tonight with kid #2. We're going to the used book store to pick up supplies!

• Like 6

We put "set up record player" on our list of house things recently. We haven't even looked at our indiv collections - we each have a box or two that we have never unpacked in this house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

Kind of relieved the client for tonight's night job cancelled; today was going to be a really long day, otherwise. I dyed my hair last night and did my nails, so I'm all ready for my photoshoot. It's a new brand of dye and very drippy, but the colour's pretty great.

Today's playlist:

Rainy again today. I haven't been keeping up with stretching, but I'm increasing my reps of desk pushups, so go me! I'm also doing calf raises combined with butt squeezes, so that's all good, too. It's coming, it's happening, I've got this. Sleep is coming along, too.

Still struggling with too many ideas for my art project. I've talked it over with my gf, but I'm going to have to figure it out really soon. The date is coming up!

• Like 5

I love how positive you sound in your updates this week. Lots of good things going on! :) 

The hipster shrine looks awesome. And so does your new hair colour! 

On 4/5/2017 at 5:16 PM, Twilight said:

Rebleached my hair last night because it's time, and I have a photoshoot tomorrow! AAAH! I'm gonna be in a magazine!

Ooh exciting! 

3 minutes ago, Twilight said:

Rainy again today. I haven't been keeping up with stretching, but I'm increasing my reps of desk pushups, so go me! I'm also doing calf raises combined with butt squeezes, so that's all good, too. It's coming, it's happening, I've got this. Sleep is coming along, too.

Go you!

• Like 1

Amazing hair, I love it!  :D  A magazine, you say?  Can we expect a linky when it's published?

Regading soy sauce, coconut aminos are supposed to be a good replacement.  I mostly use Thai fish sauce, though, but that's a whole new level of aroma ;)

Thanks for being around, BTW!

Level 16 Warrior Druidess

Walk FROM Mordor   Challenges: Current (#17)   Previous (#1-16)

Keto:  https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto      Fasting:  https://idmprogram.com/tag/fasting/

The color is amazing!!! What brand is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had such a fun time at the photoshoot!

My friend did my makeup and I loved it so much I took the subway home still wearing it so that I could take more selfies at home. :D I didn't want to take it off.

My calves have DOMS from the calf raises earlier this week! I didn't get any desk pushups in yesterday, though. Still haven't stretched. Got to sleep on time though!!

23 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

I love how positive you sound in your updates this week. Lots of good things going on! :) 

The hipster shrine looks awesome. And so does your new hair colour! 

Thaaaanks! :D

16 hours ago, Vibrantella said:

Amazing hair, I love it!  :D  A magazine, you say?  Can we expect a linky when it's published?

Regading soy sauce, coconut aminos are supposed to be a good replacement.  I mostly use Thai fish sauce, though, but that's a whole new level of aroma ;)

Thanks for being around, BTW!

Yeah for sure! It's profiling myself and some friends in my night/their day job role, which is NSFW, even though the photos will be SFW.

I can carry a bottle of soy sauce alternative in my purse? :lol:

My pleasure. :)

14 hours ago, Teirin said:

Love your new hair!

Thanks!!

14 hours ago, karinajean said:

The color is amazing!!! What brand is it?

Splat! I decided to give it a try because the box came with bleach and two colours. Handy.

• Like 6

That weekend did not at all go as planned. Didn't go to the party on Saturday night. Didn't make pie Saturday, but made it Sunday instead. Ran out of time to bake it, and delivered it to my friend uncooked. (It was payment for the makeup on Thursday.) I hope she enjoyed it.

My partners and I have been doing really well with communication lately. We're going for complete and immediate honesty, basically. And because we've all agreed to this, we know not to take things personally, or to get defensive. We're still working on it, but it's going really well for us. Our disagreements and misinterpretations are decreasing and resolving sooner than before. I'm really happy with it.

Two sets of pushups done already. Standing at my desk and dancing. Last night I listened to the Sisters of Mercy lp I bought off Discogs while I spent time with my partners and it was just perfect. Summer vacation plans are started for the grownups and the kids.

Sleep wasn't great this weekend. This morning one of the cats woke us all up at 5:30. Stretching hasn't really been happening, either.

I have a date after work today. This person is a competitive bodybuilder, so if we get along, I might have a workout buddy. Wish me luck! 

20 hours ago, Primeval said:

Very, very, very cool hair and makeup. Impressive everything!

Thank you!

15 hours ago, maegs said:

The weather this week was so terrible! But the weekend definitely made up for it - did you get out to enjoy the sunshine?

It was icky, and then this weekend was so off and I didn't spend any of it outside! :( But it's gorgeous today. I'll get a hot dog for lunch and eat it outside in the park. :)

• Like 2