Snarky and the Six Pillars

Snarkyfishguts

Hi! Happy New Challenge Time!

animals-sleeping_1.jpg

Recently, I've been reading this website healthybrains.org and it's pretty straightforward. And with a new challenge coming up...well...

Pillar 1. Physical Exercise- This is going to be straightforward. 40 minutes of aerobic activity 5 days a week, strength training 3 days, yoga 6 days. Just check off the boxes and get it done, Snarky. :)

Pillar 2. Food and Nutrition- 3 meals a day with a fruit and or vegetable at each meal. I already limit red meat and cured meats, but I can cut out snacking (goodbye, you luscious cookies)

Pillar 3. Medical Health- UGH. This one. During this challenge, I am going to find an OB/GYN and a dermatologist and make appointments. I also have a dental appointment and I'm NOT canceling it. No more putting this off (like I have for a year) After I make my appointments, I need to write to my general practitioner with an update.

Pillar 4. Sleep and Relaxation- I AM NOT GOOD AT THIS SLEEPING/RELAXING STUFF. But I CAN be. I'm going to stick to a sleep schedule and retrain my body to stay asleep. I'm also going to have more unplugged time away from screens since they stress me out. MY EYE KEEPS TWITCHING Y'ALL!!!. 

Pillar 5. Mental Fitness- Keep working on learning Spanish and playing the ukulele to make new brain wrinkles and have some fun.

Pillar 6. Social Interaction- Reach out to friends/family at least once a week. No being weird and reclusive for more than a week anymore.

Funny+animals+ads+-+al+ain+desert+wildli

Also, photo theme this time is SLEEPING ANIMALS!!! :D Goodnight!:D 

• Like 5
27 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Pillar 1. Physical Exercise- This is going to be straightforward. 40 minutes of aerobic activity 5 days a week, strength training 3 days, yoga 6 days. Just check off the boxes and get it done, Snarky. :)

I'm assuming you will be doubling up on some days?   OR have you been sucked into some other dimension with excellent wifi?  

This is a great challenge.  I love the pillars.  It covers all the basics.  

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

1 hour ago, LadyShello said:

I'm assuming you will be doubling up on some days?   OR have you been sucked into some other dimension with excellent wifi?  

This is a great challenge.  I love the pillars.  It covers all the basics.  

giphy.gif

Drat! You are onto my superpowers! Yes, I'll be doubling up. :) I like the pillars too. Plus, can't beat good brain health.

I love this puppy so much. I feel so connected to him.

51 minutes ago, Terah said:

Following 

sleeping-animals-pose-36.jpg

Awwwww little fluffy ducklings! Nice to have you here!

45 minutes ago, deftona said:

Following! 

setsu-chan-cat-was-just-given-the-title-of-most-awful-sleeping-face-in-japan-4.jpg?w=800&h=600

This cat is passed OUT. I want that kind of sleep. Lol and Hi!!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I want to hug this prickly goodness. This porcupine just went "fwump" to sleep

I don't think that would be advisable.

• Like 2

A true warrior does not train tirelessly to fight, or to kill. A true warrior trains endlessly that he may return home alive.
-R. Calloway

Maybe the ultimate wound is the one that makes you miss the war you got it in.
- Sebastian Junger

Challenge 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Battle Log

Doodlie PVP Johari Window

Epic Quest Character 

Just now, Snarkyfishguts said:

I know. :apologetic:

But I can hug all the animals in my dreeeeeeeams!!!

I mean, you can hug a porcupine in real life if you want, but don't blame me for laughing if you do.

• Like 1

A true warrior does not train tirelessly to fight, or to kill. A true warrior trains endlessly that he may return home alive.
-R. Calloway

Maybe the ultimate wound is the one that makes you miss the war you got it in.
- Sebastian Junger

Challenge 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Battle Log

Doodlie PVP Johari Window

Epic Quest Character 

I have decided that successful completion of my goals will result in the purchase of a pair of these socks. I have these heart shaped ones, so another pattern is going to be my reward. 

I am not feeling well. I'm stuffy, a little hoarse, and I am having some tummy troubles. Sleeping is growing more elusive. My eye is STILL twitchy, but less twitchy. today I cleaned for two hours, worked for 1.5 hours, and practiced Spanish. So I have 1.5 more hours of work, then I also wanted to work out today so I can be in the groove for next week.  I'm not sure that exercise is in my best interest today. We'll see how I feel after work. 

Derp.jpg

• Like 4

Take your rest today Snarky, gather your strength so you can kick a lot of ass when you're back on your feet again!

cute-animals-sleeping-pillows-26.jpg

• Like 2
Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

Or do a light workout to keep your groove on.  Do some yoga or just go for a walk. 

• Like 1

Spoiler

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 3:43 PM, Terah said:

Take your rest today Snarky, gather your strength so you can kick a lot of ass when you're back on your feet again!

cute-animals-sleeping-pillows-26.jpg

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 4:06 PM, LadyShello said:

Or do a light workout to keep your groove on.  Do some yoga or just go for a walk. 

18 hours ago, Björn Járnhamar said:

Late, I know, but hope you feel better.

The sleeping dog with a toy

Thanks everyone!  I HAVE A STOMACH BUG! It hit in full force soon after I posted. :/ Apparently my parents had it first and thought they were just old and having trouble with certain foods. :abnormal:

You know, some years, I get by ever getting sick, but this year, I'm getting all the bugs. This challenge is coming at a good time. I should feel better by Week One, and I am READY. R-E-A-D-Y

Cool-Animal-Sheep-Sleeping1.jpg

• Like 5

Hopefully that stomch bug will not stick around for long.  It's a great opportunity to get lots of sleep.  

2b8515fc5733d6547a81933ae54a097e.jpg

• Like 1

Spoiler

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 3:30 AM, deftona said:

Feel better soon! Stomach bugs are icky <4

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 6:39 AM, Terah said:

Get well soon <4

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 9:40 AM, LadyShello said:

Hopefully that stomch bug will not stick around for long.  It's a great opportunity to get lots of sleep.  

2b8515fc5733d6547a81933ae54a097e.jpg

23 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

Sickness is a good time to embrace your inner koala.

sleeping-koala.jpg

Thanks everyone. Your sleepy animals and well wishes mean a lot to me. I don't know about you, but I'm TIRED of being sick. Everyone is getting sick around here lately. My poor nephew was sick yesterday and today :( Poor lil' guy. Thankfully, I feel a lot better today.

I really like to have Sundays off to just take care of stuff like laundry, but I'll be starting my challenge Sunday anyway. Even if I'm not actively working out, I can start practicing some of the relaxing and social pillars. :) 

YAY! LET'S GET THIS CHALLENGE AWESOME!

Did that make sense to you? Me neither. But we LOVE IT ANYWAY

funny-animals-sleeping-5.jpg

• Like 4

Happy Challenge Day!

Today I thought I'd write down a list of things I can do instead of emotional eating. I know when things get really hard this week and forever, I'll be happy I wrote stuff down.

1. Crafts, like knitting, plastic canvas, embroidery. Just something that keeps my hands and brain a little busy, but is relaxing at the same time.
  2. Play an instrument! I play piano and ukulele, and I can always use more practice. Plus, I find it therapeutic to play music.
  3. Practice Spanish. This isn't as fun, but I really enjoy feeling like I'm expanding my brain.
  4. Videogames! I like Dragon Quest games, Animal Crossing, and some Zelda games. I also like some of the Lego games, but it's pretty difficult to find ones that aren't buggy. Lord of the Rings is a fun game, and I've recently purchased Marvel Super Heroes, so we'll see how that is.
  5. Do a workout challenge. Again, not FUN, but that feeling of bettering myself is cool.
  6. Do food prep. Sometimes I don't really want to eat the food, I just want to cook it. This is a great time to cook meats ahead of time for freezing or chop up veggies for the next couple of days.
  7. Pamper myself with an at-home pedicure, manicure. BUBBLE BATHS. Just those little things that take the drudgery out of day to day living.

That's my list. I'm sure I'll add to it. A lot of my list is pretty sedentary at the moment. The goal is to add more physical things that are fun as I get in better shape. But for now, the victory will be to stick to the challenge, and avoid eating when I'm not hungry.

9fddfa47c32abadede8754944ae2f1a2.jpg-660

• Like 3

One of the best and easiest things I do in stead of emotional eating is breathing mindfully. Just focus on your breathing and bring your breath to your abdomen. Relax your shoulders. If you want you can close your eyes for a bit. It takes just a minute and the effect is huge :) For me at least. 

• Like 1
Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

Implementing the c-c-combo breaker?  What a great idea. ;)

That's a good list of options--most of those would work for me if I was eating out of boredom.  I'm not confident that my treadmill idea will work to snap a shame spiral, though.  I might need to get out of the house to break up one of those.  With luck I won't have to find out in this challenge. :D 

• Like 1

He has showed you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of

you but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?

13 hours ago, Terah said:

One of the best and easiest things I do in stead of emotional eating is breathing mindfully. Just focus on your breathing and bring your breath to your abdomen. Relax your shoulders. If you want you can close your eyes for a bit. It takes just a minute and the effect is huge :) For me at least. 

I tried this today! This helps when it's really eating to calm down or because I'm upset, but not for when I'm bored.

I discovered I'm bored a lot. Which in a way is good for me. I'm being productive!. But not very tranquil.

4 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

Implementing the c-c-combo breaker?  What a great idea. ;)

That's a good list of options--most of those would work for me if I was eating out of boredom.  I'm not confident that my treadmill idea will work to snap a shame spiral, though.  I might need to get out of the house to break up one of those.  With luck I won't have to find out in this challenge. :D 

Shame spirals are MEAN. I think virtual hugs solve everything. I think we need an ego boost spiral. :D YOU ARE AWESOME DFG!!

• Like 2