12 hours ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

Today's training, in pounds.

Bulgarian Split Squats

5 x 5 at 25 (each size)

Deadlift

2 x 5 at 45 RDL

1 x 5 at 135

1 x 5 at 185

I will make sure to not even think about BSS around the gym, lest they show up in my program. BRUTAL!

QGDBW_.gif 

• Like 2

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

I will make sure to not even think about BSS around the gym, lest they show up in my program. BRUTAL!

QGDBW_.gif 

And now that's all you will see people doing.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

"You're going to be amazing." 

Fantasy Football league 2019

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Games: God of War, Kingdom Hearts 3, Destiny 2

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

On 4/5/2017 at 8:11 AM, CourtnieMarie said:

gettin' it DONE!

giphy.gif

On 4/5/2017 at 10:33 AM, Deciduous said:

Those top set #s! YEAH, lady!

Awww...thanks!  I'm all over the place, strength-wise.  I'm okay with it, though.  OHP is my favorite!

giphy.gif

On 4/6/2017 at 0:40 AM, Grumble said:

I see two plates in your near future.

If I can unscrew my form - these cuts seems to have targeted my leverages on deads like no other. 

(I was doing 235 for reps this past summer, but that was 30 lbs ago, and I can't seem to get my form figured back out.   So I'm sloooowly creeping back up.  I'm not even sure that I can claim my 1rm anymore, since there is NO WAY that I could lift it today.  le*sigh)

Me...trying to unscrew my form:

giphy.gif

On 4/6/2017 at 8:04 AM, Taddea Zhaan said:

Oh, but it hurts so good...

giphy.gif

Yes.  Yes they do.

• Like 3

~Emerald_Dragonfly

Level 13 Warrior

18 minutes ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

If I can unscrew my form - these cuts seems to have targeted my leverages on deads like no other. 

(I was doing 235 for reps this past summer, but that was 30 lbs ago, and I can't seem to get my form figured back out.   So I'm sloooowly creeping back up.  I'm not even sure that I can claim my 1rm anymore, since there is NO WAY that I could lift it today.  le*sigh)

I lost about 20kg off my deadlift when I got less fat too (Now I actually have to get strong and just rely on leverages). There are some things where it's good to be large...

• Like 2

Neutral Gargoyle Warrior with a dash of Ranger/Monk/Adventurer. Now LEVEL 9!  My Instagram

STR 78, CON 31, DEX 1, INT 21, WIS 13.5, CHA 4

Meet lifts: SQ 175kg, B 112.5kg, Dead 215kg.   Gym lifts: SQ 185kg, B 132.5kg, Dead 220kg

Nerd Stuff: Sci Fi TV, Sci Fi + Fantasy Books, Classic Space Lego, Warhammer 40K...

Today's training, in pounds:

Squats

2 x 5 at 45

1 x 5 at 95

1 x 5 at 135

1 x 1 at 185**

1 x 2 at 185 (belted)

5 x 3 at 195 (belted)

**ridiculous reasoning under the spoiler

Poop. 

That's going to be the tl;dr. 

I got in the hole and almost didn't make it back up without a serious bowel disaster.  Ran inside (cardio!) and didn't beclown myself, so that's good.  Phew.  Then, in a spectacular failure of logic, decided that just in case, I should belt up for the next ramp up set.  Why I thought that a belt would help with that particular issue, I'm not sure.  Regardless, everything was fine the rest of the workout, but I definitely paid particular attention to tightening up certain muscles for the duration. 

giphy.gif

OHP

2 x 5 at 45

1 x 5 at 75

5/5/5/5/4 at 90. 

That last rep...I fought the good fight, but lost.  Stupid cut.  It's all good.  I'm quite determined to get back up to 100 (the last amount that I was able to do 5x5 on - after that, I had to go down to 5 x 3 - and I'm pretty sure that it took me a few tries to get 5x5 at 100 the first time around).  Considering going to 2.5 increases instead of 5 lb after I hit 90.  Might be better, considering the cut. 

I also have my challenge theme figured out for the next challenge.  YAY! 

As for this challenge...

I never did a wrap up for last week.  Cuz I sucked.  No flirtation with perfection - my highest day was over 2000.  This week was much better, though, with all 7 days again neatly below 1780 calories. 

Whatever...I'm flirting with perfection, not marrying it. 

giphy.gif

• Like 9

~Emerald_Dragonfly

Level 13 Warrior

Hide contents

Whatever...I'm flirting with perfection, not marrying it. 

PERFECT. And heyo on your TLDR, shit happens :P You did great :D 

• Like 4

Squats

2 x 5 at 45

1 x 5 at 95

1 x 5 at 135

1 x 1 at 185**

1 x 2 at 185 (belted)

5 x 3 at 195 (belted)

Reveal hidden contents

Poop. 

I got in the hole and almost didn't make it back up without a serious bowel disaster.  Ran inside (cardio!) and didn't beclown myself, so that's good.  Phew.  Then, in a spectacular failure of logic, decided that just in case, I should belt up for the next ramp up set.  Why I thought that a belt would help with that particular issue, I'm not sure.  Regardless, everything was fine the rest of the workout, but I definitely paid particular attention to tightening up certain muscles for the duration. 

giphy.gif

I won't put this in my own thread but um, well, I, uh, pee'd myself a tiny bit in the woods the other week, wasn't wearing any kind of liner, and had to cut the hike short down to 2.7 miles.

They warn you that you could hurt yourself exercising but they don't warn you about your own bodily functions trying to rebel against you.  

• Like 6

Today's training, in pounds

BSS, goblet

5 x 5 at 30

Deadlifts

1 x 5 at 45 RDL

1 x 5 at 135

1 x 3 at 185

1 x 5 at 190

4th rep felt really strong, like deads used to feel.  I kinda lifted my butt up in the air right before, set tight, and then it just floated up.  The reps both before and after were not as easy.  Oh, consistency...You thwart me at every turn.  I'll get you, yet, though...

Overall, a great training session!

• Like 7

~Emerald_Dragonfly

Level 13 Warrior

23 hours ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

Reveal hidden contents

Poop. 

giphy.gif

Ed Coan tells a fun story of him pooping himself while squatting in multi-ply gear - basically turned himself into one of those plasticine toys where you push the lever and the plasticine squirts out in fun and interesting shapes

• Like 3

Neutral Gargoyle Warrior with a dash of Ranger/Monk/Adventurer. Now LEVEL 9!  My Instagram

STR 78, CON 31, DEX 1, INT 21, WIS 13.5, CHA 4

Meet lifts: SQ 175kg, B 112.5kg, Dead 215kg.   Gym lifts: SQ 185kg, B 132.5kg, Dead 220kg

Nerd Stuff: Sci Fi TV, Sci Fi + Fantasy Books, Classic Space Lego, Warhammer 40K...

12 hours ago, Urgan said:

Question: are you cuing low hips or high? 

That one rep I was higher.  Usually I am lower.  But my major cue is to squeeze my glutes and tighten the tension out of the bar, I don't specifically cue height of hips. 

Thoughts?

11 hours ago, Blocky said:

Ed Coan tells a fun story of him pooping himself while squatting in multi-ply gear - basically turned himself into one of those plasticine toys where you push the lever and the plasticine squirts out in fun and interesting shapes

giphy.gif

• Like 4

~Emerald_Dragonfly

Level 13 Warrior

1 hour ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

That one rep I was higher.  Usually I am lower.  But my major cue is to squeeze my glutes and tighten the tension out of the bar, I don't specifically cue height of hips. 

Thoughts?

Sounds like you wrung all the slack out of your hams prior to the good lift by having higher hip placement and left slack on the bad ones. A higher hip placement means you will begin the pull moving your body AND the bar because the transfer of force is more optimal. Lower hips mean you have to move and do work in order to create the tension that will force the bar to break the floor. Lower and higher is relative, of course. My advice is let your hips only drop as much as they naturally will as you bend over to grab the bar. You don't have to force a particular position, just be cognizant that you don't DROP them, okay? You'll feel the difference and lock in the proper form. 

• Like 4

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

Today's Training, in pounds

Squat

2 x 5 at 45

1 x 5 at 95

1 x 5 at 135

1 x 3 at 195

5 x 3 at 200 (belted)

I took film and they looked pretty good.  My depth was good and my bar path, although still forward a little, is getting better.  One day I will post a form check again, but right now I feel a little 'meh' with the belt on, and frankly am not ready to share that with the world. 

giphy.gif

OHP

2 x 5 at 45

1 x 5 at 75

5 x 5 at 90

Tonight is progress pic night.

giphy.gif

• Like 10

~Emerald_Dragonfly

Level 13 Warrior

BSS

5 x 5 at 35

Deadlift

1 x 5 at 45 RDL

1 x 5 at 135

1 x 3 at 185

1 x 5 at 195

I tried @Urgan suggestion and let the hips go where they would, higher than normal, I think.  It felt a little better, but only one was smooth and easy (4th, again).  I really need to bite the bullet and just film it.  Next week will be in a strange gym, so I won't be doing it until the following week. 

Then I took a bath.  Because bath. 

• Like 3

~Emerald_Dragonfly

Level 13 Warrior

The wrap-up

1. Calories - Mostly.  24 days at 1780 or below.  My minimum was 1556 and my maximum was 2263. 

2. Lift - yes.  Extra credit for focusing on BSS. 

giphy.gif

3. Track - yes.  I did this except one random Monday when I neglected to weigh in.  Incidentally, I am down about 4 pounds this challenge, and just shy of ten for the cut. 

4. Talk to you.  I'm going to say, "Yes" for this, although I didn't track it.  But I kept active and got to know some new folks, trolled chatted with some old folks, and generally was social. 

SO...I'm calling this challenge a success.  Stick a fork in it, it's done.

giphy.gif

As for the next challenge...I have top men working on it.  TOP.  MEN. 

giphy.gif

• Like 8

~Emerald_Dragonfly

Level 13 Warrior

All the filming, preferably from the side. In your natural lifting habitat is definitely preferable to strange environs and equipment. I'd say this challenge was a raging success~

• Like 2

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

The wrap-up

1. Calories - Mostly.  24 days at 1780 or below.  My minimum was 1556 and my maximum was 2263. 

2. Lift - yes.  Extra credit for focusing on BSS. 

Reveal hidden contents

giphy.gif

3. Track - yes.  I did this except one random Monday when I neglected to weigh in.  Incidentally, I am down about 4 pounds this challenge, and just shy of ten for the cut. 

4. Talk to you.  I'm going to say, "Yes" for this, although I didn't track it.  But I kept active and got to know some new folks, trolled chatted with some old folks, and generally was social. 

SO...I'm calling this challenge a success.  Stick a fork in it, it's done.

giphy.gif

As for the next challenge...I have top men working on it.  TOP.  MEN. 

Reveal hidden contents

giphy.gif

YUSSSS. So much perfection. More perfect than perfect. More human than human. 

• Like 5

Can't wait to see how you top perfection next month. What a consistent challenge you've had. Hitting all those shiny goals!

suzyQlou * Ranger    

Old Challenges: #1(2015) * #2 * #3(push ups) * #4 * #5(food) * #6 * #7(2016)* #8(nerdiversary) * #9 * 10(animal) * Battle Log * 11(2017) * 12(garden) * 13 * 14(biking) * 15 * 16  * 17  * 18 * 19(2018) * 20(2019) * 21