• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Glass

Glass no. 22 - side effects

31 posts in this topic

tumblr_okyp07DarO1qz8rpeo1_1280.jpg

challenge review.

Thanks for all the support everyone... it was great to read your comments and get feedback. Really improved this whole thing for me. Happy. 

-What did I accomplish this month?

Craft no. 1: SOCIAL

-Trip to DC to visit my cousins and see the monuments and memorials, my first weekend trip via plane, first time alone sort of, and first time renting a car. The value of packing, the value of drawing maps and planning what you are going to do on holiday, the rational specifics, to enjoy your acutal paid time there even more. 

-Experienced filing my taxes at hnr block. 

-new chromebook! organized music files, cloud datas, photo cloud synchronization, laptop resetting... decluttering my digital life mayhaps. 

-learned new things everyday with a new app, curious!

-More meetings with my little brother, about relationships and being a mentor.

-First time going out with someone I met online, went on two "dates" or hanging out

-First time talking on the phone with someone I met online, really grew in comfort in being vulnerable and being emotional and sharing that sort of stuff. Think I found something great here, really getting out of my comfort zone and changinggg

-Getting more comfotable hosting people at my house, just hanging out all day, doing stuff in the moment and just "playing" a lot. Why wouldnt you want to hang out with people all day? As a person with introverted tendencies I like to recharge by myself and learn and use energy on my passions solo like. The value of learning something everyday, but I am also getting much more social. 

-Did the Meyer's Brigg test, I am... ENFJ!! Funny that a few years ago I was INTJ. hahah people change, hopefully I am becoming more and more myself. 

-Watched: Wristcutters: a love story, two scary movies (Life, Get Out) which I usually hate but try new things to learn more about the world. The Netflix series Love. ON the sixteen hour airplane ride, Lion (cried), Keanu, and Lalaland. 

Craft no. 2: GUITAR

-Played "Doll" in front of my singing class

-Continued with the weekly guitar lessons, moving forward in the Absolutely Understand Guitar course.

-Thought about play and just playign guitar all day, for an hour, just like a child plays with their blocks. Because its an outlet for talent and interest and feelings. Play, the beauty and value of play. 

-Saw a street musician perform in Boston... Stalked her and found her journey on facebook, documented, and made me really feel like it was inevitable for me to learn guitar and vocal skills and channel them using my unique perspective in life. Even if I'm not successful or influential I hope that I can find meaning and enjoyment out of life and my music. My guitar, Kate. 

Craft no. 3: JIU-JITSU

-Started to lead some warmups for my jiujitsu class

-Finished Gracie Philosophy courses! Finally. Really feel different. Better. Stronger. Smarter. Faster. Tougher. Bought the Gracie Combatives course, time for the next step when I come back from Holiday....

-Also, continued the jiujitsu classes and sparring and improving my knowledge and technique and stamina

--

tumblr_mpv4ruHIxH1rzdi61o1_1280.jpg

level up!

Level 23. Adventure Knight. 

str 41.3 dex 32.3 sta 42.7 con 43.2 wis 60.5 cha 49.1 

Now to HK and Taiwan! B) 

3 people like this

On 4/14/2017 at 3:29 AM, Glass said:

Maybe I'll gain some perspective or something while I'm there haha...

Every time I travel, I seem to change just a bit. My perspective, my goals, my life ideals, etc. There is just something about getting out of routine and living and seeking fun that seems to open up my mind.

I hope you have a wonderful time during your trip. :D

1 person likes this

On 4/15/2017 at 5:50 AM, Dagger said:

Every time I travel, I seem to change just a bit. My perspective, my goals, my life ideals, etc. There is just something about getting out of routine and living and seeking fun that seems to open up my mind.

I hope you have a wonderful time during your trip. :D

Thanks for the response, that really gives me a lot to think about. Living life for fun, funny how that seems so foregin to me... It's like obvious but harder than it sounds, maybe it only exists without work haha. I wonder how I will change.... Guess we'll find out ^_^

EDIT - one month later, yeah i can confirm. Really feel very different, like more emotionally oriented, also just more open to life experiences. Hmmm. 

1 person likes this

Back! Thinking about next challenge. Took more time off than I thought, almost got into a relationship, talking on the phone a lot, and traveling also just shifted my perspectives a lot.... want to continue my crafts, thinking about feeling more and getting back into my routine and thinking about what i really want in my life. Almost a repurposing... I'll take the next two weeks off, 9 days after coming back, and then start a 5 week challenge 5-21 onwards... thats the plan!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Challenge no. 23 - Preparation

"Success is where preparation and opportunity meet" - Bobby Unser

1ce4c67293fdc5a5edce57fc67582cf4.jpg

If you're not early, you're gonna be late. It started with getting to work on time, and getting to class on time, and how annoyed I would be at being late and how I didn't take advantage of an opportunity earlier that day to make sure I wasn't late and prepared for this. How it screws you over, gets you to a bad start, and you miss out on stuff. It's a bad look, and I don't want to be someone who is always late. But I almost always am. 

And I want to change. Not only in being to places on time, but also to life goals and getting there on time. For events and being prepared mentally, and most importantly, for being prepared for opportunities. Because that's where success happens. During you're free time, prepare for things you can expect and imagine, and do that work, and in real life in the present when things happen you will have the skills and confidence to make the most out of your life. Its the same for Bill Bellichick and the New England Patriots. Preparation is key. It's true in any competitive sport, and its true in life too. Prepare in your free time when you aren't at work, sleeping, with people, driving, eating, or doing anything mandatory or that you schedule for yourself. Prepare for everything you are expecting, prepare for things you can imagine, and then you will be in the best shape to prepare for opportunities to succeed.

Preparation should be said with an exalted hush, it is that revered of a word. It is the key to everything. Preparation is like hard work, but its hard work with a direction. Its quiet, its disciplined, its studious and creative and can be enjoyable and purposeful and satisfying. It is the engine of a burning desire, carrying you to your goals and your dreams. Preparation.

--

Preparation no. 1: SOCIAL/LIFE

Burning Desire: To learn more about myself (thoughts/feelings) and others, for new experiences outside my comfort zone

Action steps: Take advantage of social opportunities, prepare for inevitable social opportunities

-Weekly Goals- 1 book, 1 blog, 1 movie, Big brother outing/prep

1) Read: books

-"Taipei"

-"The life-changing magic of not giving a f*ck"

2) Read: bookmarked blogs

-Mark manson

-Steve Pavlina 

-Wait but why?

3) Watch: movie list

-Coffee and Cigarettes

-Brothers Karamazov

-Gladiator

-Dead Poets Society

4) Big brother program outing /prep

-Projects on days off-

5) Learn Chinese, duolingo??

6) Finish cleaning shoes and leather stuff

7) Finish AOC consolidation

-Future projects-

8) Look into taking a dancing class/watching videos

9) Look into rx ce for 2017

10) Posture while driving

11) Explore blinkist

--

Preparation no. 2: GUITAR

Burning Desire: To be able to express my feelings and thoughts through the guitar to other people

Action steps: Open mic on second tuesdays and first fridays, prepping for singing class recital, jamming with friends, express myself on guitar

-Weekly Goals- Take one guitar lesson, watch one AUG lesson, learn one open mic song, learn one band song

1) Play: Scotty guitar lesson

2) Learn: AUG course

3) Play: songbook for open mic

-Things are Changin'

-Flume

-I'm In Love

-Last Christmas

4) Play: Jam songs with Enoch

-Just Give me a Reason

-Thinking out loud

-Whattya want from me

-Simple, starving to be safe

-Projects on days off-

5) Practice Singing class songs

6) Finish learning how to use ebow

7) Finish learning how to use new effects pedals

8) Practice scales and scale charts

9) Ear training 

-Future projects-

10) Look into your singing links, mechanics until unconscious

11) Rocksmith skill games

--

Preparation no. 3: JIU-JITSU

Burning desire: To further understand jiu-jitsu principles and life philosophy, to get fit

-Weekly Goals- Class every chance I get, 3x lessons of GU per week on days with no class, NF every morning I don't have to go to work early

1) Play: Jiujitsu classes

2) Play: NF rings/handstands course 

3) Watch: GU online lessons/practice

-Projects on days off-

4) Finish consolidating coach.me yoga course/nf yoga, go to yoga class

-Future projects-

5) Look into practicing jiujitsu techniques in home dojo, reading Jiujitsu University, review Grapplearts.tv

6) Look into learning Alexanders technique, Crossfit

7) Look into learning how to swim better

tumblr_omq8qfpwOR1si0kwmo1_500.jpg

Hot :flustered:

2 people like this

58 minutes ago, Glass said:

6) Learn Chinese

That's a hella big challenge.  I've been at it for 14 years now and can still barely help my kid with his homework

1 person likes this

On 5/10/2017 at 1:25 AM, WhiteGhost said:

That's a hella big challenge.  I've been at it for 14 years now and can still barely help my kid with his homework

Hahah yeah its hard... Right now all I got is just play on this app I have on my phone from time to time, when the mood strikes. Maybe later I'll have a more accountable plan... for now, I just know I need to constantly improve because I will be using it a lot when I go visit Taiwan agian