My first challenge went way better than I expected, but I came in late and fell a little short, so I'm excited to move on to my second challenge EVAR!  You might notice a little bit of a theme...

1. Book find my book, and go through another edit.  Pursue cover edits and get approved cover.  Write a synopsis.  – Okay, this sounds like a LOT of tasks, but bear in mind that I have 4-5 weeks to do all this.  And I just found it.  So hurrah.  Step is already started.
  2. BHAG Do 5 miles in one go.  – Yes, I did not complete the 3 miles last go.  But I need to progress, not get stuck on 3 miles forever.
  3. Building Up -  Do 3 reps of mileage a week each week. – The 5-mile goal is a good one, but I also need to just be on my feet more.  Even if this is 1 km after I do weights, I need to be walking or jogging.
  4. Bag It  Instead of buying lunches (as I have been doing), start making lunch and taking it with me to work.  Do at least 4 out of 5 days a week. – I’m getting a little head start on this one, because I have already started bringing my lunch as of this week (3/14).  This will help me avoid eating junk at lunch – which is pretty much the only time of day when I have much access to it, anyway.

That’s the plan.  I have to say, I did use the Challenge Planning Worksheet a few weeks ago, and it made this SO easy!  I have five big quests in my life, having to do with writing, health, and my marriage, and choosing the “next step” from a couple of those made goal setting really easy.  I have a plan!  I know why I’m doing what I’m doing, and how to get to those goals.

Also worth noting: after I wrote up the CPW, I felt motivated to start a couple of those little things.  I already have begun working on them, and accomplished at least one.  And that’s pretty cool.

All that to say, if you haven’t done your own CPW yet – I know it looks long and daunting – it’s a really, REALLY good way to create a road map for the next couple years of your life, or even longer.  And if you’re struggling to know what it is you want to do with your life, reading Start is a good…well…start.

Also – totally unrelated, but I’m going to pitch it here:  I co-host a podcast wherein we review movies that are out of copyright.  The show is called Orphaned Entertainment, and you can find it on iTunes or Podbean – or directly at the website.  If you’re into movies that most other people haven’t seen, it’s a fun way to find them.

Stay tuned to this channel for further developments.

• Like 1

(Already!?) Level 3 Ranger / Epic Declutterer / Prolific Writer

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/163280

"Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change."  - Jim Rohn

Gearing up to Sunday - and I'm really wanting to go lift, but it's been a sort of crazy week.  Wednesday I was in bed by 6 - no kidding!  And yesterday I had my podcast - and a whole darn bottle of wine to go with it.  (Come on, Lydiechan, seriously?  I thought we had better sense than that.)

So today would be the ideal day to lift, but pondering the weather, I really want to get my porch screened in.  Tomorrow and Sunday should be GREAT outdoor work days, and the longer I wait, the more likely I am to run out of comfortable work weather.  Tonight might be tear-out-the-gross-green-patio-carpet night, and tomorrow may be scrape-the-glue-off-the-concrete day.  Both of which will be big muscle users.

Therefore, in the interest of moving toward an outdoor area we can survive in, without being eaten by oak mites and mosquitoes this year, I'm skipping the gym and hitting the carpet.  Figuratively.

Hopefully I'll have B&As to show you guys - assuming I remember to take the B's.

camera.gif~c200

• Like 2

"Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change."  - Jim Rohn

On 3/19/2017 at 5:24 AM, valkyrja said:

I'm so impressed that you're writing a book, an actual whole book! That's one of my dreams. 

I've actually completed 4 books - 3 novels/novellas and a non-fiction.  But I haven't ever published any of them, so the goal is to get one out there, whether or not it does well.  My brother is a stellar artist and has created a cover for me - which is absolutely exactly what I wanted, so now it's just down to me to get it edited one last time, put the thing together in an epub, and get it up on Amazon and B&N.  Wahoo!  But, yeah, it's incredibly scary.

• Like 1

Update time!

This weekend was crazy.  I got off work early and tore out the ceiling.  Seriously.  The whole thing.  And in the process, I found out that I'm super-strong!  Actually, I bent a hammer.  So that slowed things down - and we need to figure out how to get our ultra-ugly wrought iron handrail down so that we can replace it with screen.

But other than that it was basically Minecraft all weekend.  You'll be happy to know I figured out how to mine cobalt.

Today is a weight/distance day.  Probably distance.

I did bag my lunch (did so all last week, too, for bonus points) but after I made my oatmeal, I forgot to bring any.  So we'll give me a solid 95% on that one for today. :D